Contact made for Docherty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also have to say Goss looked the part last night and looks a very different type of player to what we have. Good options in midfield now, still some dross to get rid of though
yea deffo i was just meaning going forward as we might not keep goss.

Hope not. He is far more effective in DM position
He is but if we play 4 2 3 1 and we get docherty we have 4 1st team players after 2 positions and Ross would instantly strengthen then defence so it makes sense

Reactions: M@x
You obviously never heard him on clyde1 last night?

The lads only gona be playing for 1 country and they dont play in green.

Went to scotland games as a boy and sounds a young proud patriotic scot.

This is what he said a couple of months ago:

"I've always known I was eligible for Ireland but if they are sniffing about me then that is very flattering," said the Accies ace.

"I spent a lot of time as a child in Ireland and I've got plenty of relatives over there. That half of the family would be happy if I chose to play for them.

"But whether it ever comes to that I don't know. There's been no official approach to me at this moment in time.

"I represented Scotland last year and would like to represent them again, but it if comes to it, you never know.

"It's something I need to think about and take some time to consider. I wouldn't jump into a decision like that. I'd prefer to sit down with my family and work out what's right for me.

"Playing for Ireland would be different. It might be good but I don't know. I'll just try to keep playing well for Hamilton and if I catch the eye of these teams then great, if not, I'll focus on Accies."

Cummings would be a really smart piece of business if the money was right.
I rate this lad.
Even when I watched him out of position for Forest, I still saw the qualities.
He is, of course, a striker, a certain type of striker, not a Morelos.
He doesn't go head to head with defenders, instead, he is a sneaky assassin, a player who steals the space created by others, a blind-sider who nips in unsuspected, and a finisher who scores from situations that defenders haven't spotted.
In short, surely a perfect foil for Morelos?

My thoughts as well. A perfect foil for Morelos. Here’s hoping.

"I've always known I was eligible for Ireland but if they are sniffing about me then that is very flattering," said the Accies ace.

"I spent a lot of time as a child in Ireland and I've got plenty of relatives over there. That half of the family would be happy if I chose to play for them.

"But whether it ever comes to that I don't know. There's been no official approach to me at this moment in time.

"I represented Scotland last year and would like to represent them again, but it if comes to it, you never know.

"It's something I need to think about and take some time to consider. I wouldn't jump into a decision like that. I'd prefer to sit down with my family and work out what's right for me.

"Playing for Ireland would be different. It might be good but I don't know. I'll just try to keep playing well for Hamilton and if I catch the eye of these teams then great, if not, I'll focus on Accies."

Listening to him last night there isnt a choice to be made.

If we were to get Docherty, Murphy, Cummings and Goss in this window the squad would be massively upgraded.

With a cup final to play each week, we are moving more towards guy's with the right mentality. Ross McCrorrie has shown the way in this respect.

Genuinely couldnt care less who he plays national football for.

Edit: anyway, the tartan trannies are more vile towards our players and us than the oirish

The boy would probably get more respect from the Irish fans than the Scots. Sad but true.

Anyway, if he’s eligible for ROI is he not eligible for Ulster as well?

Would love this one to get over the line. Highly impressive.

For a change it would be nice if a signing target from a domestic club went smoothly.

I'm not usually for targeting Scottish based players but Docherty is a cracking player with genuine qualities.

A player who at 21 has probably played 100 first team games, possesses attibutes not one of our midfielders have and is a Rangers supporter.

I've watched him since he thrashed that effort home against Dundee United. Strong, energetic, athletic. He won't be bullied, he drives with the ball, in your face, creative, can slip through a pass, arrive in the box, hit the net...

I know FF rates McGinn - Docherty is younger, he's better and he will be playing in the English Premiership one day. Then he opens his mouth and it's a genuine lad who speaks well, head screwed on and comes across as a bright young lad.

The one signing I wanted.
Yeah wouldn't disagree with that. My auld man was asking the other day what the lad's style of play was and I likened him to Mcginn playing wise but brought up properly.

He is but if we play 4 2 3 1 and we get docherty we have 4 1st team players after 2 positions and Ross would instantly strengthen then defence so it makes sense
I’m in agreement that McCrorie could drop back to defence. Certainly in home games that we ‘should’ be winning, I’d be happy with him at the back with Jack, Docherty and Dorrans ahead of him. McCrorie could come back into the midfield for games at Pittodrie, Easter Road, the Piggery etc.

Genuinely couldnt care less who he plays national football for.

Edit: anyway, the tartan trannies are more vile towards our players and us than the oirish

Think the comments he made were around the time he wasn’t getting picked for Scotland U21s - Scot Gemmill has his favourites and lads he’s picked since he was U17s manager and Docherty wasn’t one of them. The lad at Partick Thistle (Liam Lindsay, now at Barnsley) was another who was playing well and regularly in the Scottish Premiership but not getting a look in under Gemmill. Not trying to turn this into a tartan army chat sorry!

Hope not. He is far more effective in DM position

We need to remember that Goss is only here on a loan deal. If he does well with us then QPR might be difficult to deal with. Regarding McCrorie's best position, we also need to remember that if or when Alves goes we will have no option but to play McCrorie in the defence until we find a suitable replacement. If we can get Docherty he will be a very useful player to have at Ibrox - and another Bear as well.

Good news indeed, in my humble opinion we are finally doing this correct, trying to sign players who know what the club is about with a combination of experienced pros at a good level like Murphyand young talent like Docherty.

giphy.gif

Pleased we are signing young talent, especially players with a love for the club. What are the boys strengths? Is he a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder? hard tackler, good dribbler etc ?

Excellent news; every effort must be made to complete the deal.
This signing, along with another one or two of quality, would be a massive demonstration of intent to topple the mentally challengeds.

I asked dougie wright on twitter think he does all the stats/analysing games in Scotland two questions about a week ago. Should Rangers go for Docherty and would he be a starter for us if he came he said absolutely to both. He talks highly of him he scores a cracking goal against Motherwell just before the winter break.

From that video it looks like he loves to make a run from midfield beyond the striker. Something we've been lacking for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back