Rangers trying to offload Herrera for 1mil.

We’d be complaining if we were paying him off.

He’s highly thought of in Mexico and has played for their international side.

Whilst some players aren’t suited to our game lets not make the same mistake of giving guys away for a packet of quavers.
He’s anything but highly thought of in Mexico mate. Social media was full of bewildered Mexicans back in June when we signed him. He was called a ‘donkey’ and a lot of them were puzzled as to why anyone in Europe would want him. His goal record back home was horrific and he barely made it off the bench under Pedro at Santos Laguna the first time; why we sanctioned a circa £1.5m deal to then bring him to Scotland is a mystery.

Good luck to him if he gets a move. Unlike his pal Pena, Herrera appears to at least be trying to integrate to a new way of life.

He conducts himself well but doesnt suit us at all.

I hope he gets a move that benefits Rangers and also him but especially Rangers

Getting a few out will help bring others in.

Agree with what you say Pp, it was all over Facebook earlier, not sure how true it is though.

I really like Herrera.

I don’t think he’s very good, but I like the way he conducts himself and his commitment to Rangers.

I’ve no desire to see him chased, but if we get a good price then he leaves with his head held high. If he stays, however, something tells me that he’ll settle into a solid striker next year.

On average it takes a new signing 3 years to hit their peak into a new team and new league. We chase them immediately...

It's true he doesn't suit our game, but his lack of pace and mobility (and goals of course) will see us struggle to recoup even half the money paid for him.

At this time I'd be willing to take the hit and sell for 500k. Sticking him up for a million is just a negotiating tactic IMO.

Herrera out and Cummings in would do me nicely.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Herrera has been given a consistent run of proper game time, not just the odd appearance, in order to establish himself but I suppose these things happen.

True or not it’s fair comment that Herrera hasn’t really had a run in the the team
However from when he’s come on as sub he didn’t look like deserved a starting place

He's played for his country and 1 million isn't a lot to pay for someone that has been capped. He might not be suited to the SPL but he has clearly impressed previously. Baffling that our reaction is to talk down the worth of our playing assets

He’s anything but highly thought of in Mexico mate. Social media was full of bewildered Mexicans back in June when we signed him. He was called a ‘donkey’ and a lot of them were puzzled as to why anyone in Europe would want him. His goal record back home was horrific and he barely made it off the bench under Pedro at Santos Laguna the first time; why we sanctioned a circa £1.5m deal to then bring him to Scotland is a mystery.
Does you’re whole life involve gloom,cheer up you sad %^*&!

guys guys !! lets take a leaf out of the tims book of valuing players.
Lessons 1. Stop taking the piss out of our own players
lesson 2. Talk up their value, within months people believe their worth
lesson 3. Some players do actually look in here, so be kind, strikers thrive on confidence, if they think we hate them, then how is that helping anyone.

He’s anything but highly thought of in Mexico mate. Social media was full of bewildered Mexicans back in June when we signed him. He was called a ‘donkey’ and a lot of them were puzzled as to why anyone in Europe would want him.

Can you show us that please?

He is so bad. Joe Garner was better let's be honest. If we got a million for him I'd be delighted.

His stock is still high in Mexico so £1million for him will be seen as a good bit of business for a club there. It certainly would be a good bit of business for us if we can offload him and get a price like that in return.

Does you’re whole life involve gloom,cheer up you sad %^*&!

Despite me praising our transfer activity so far and policy of signing talented Bears on other threads?:rolleyes:Clown.
Can you show us that please?

Most of it was on Twitter at the time mate so won’t be able to find that. Had a quick Google search and found a Reddit thread from June:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ican_stiker_eduardo_herrera_close_to_signing/

Offers absolutely nothing when he comes off the bench for us. We’d be doing well to get a million for him.

Despite me praising our transfer activity so far and policy of signing talented Bears on other threads?:rolleyes:Clown.

Most of it was on Twitter at the time mate so won’t be able to find that. Had a quick Google search and found a Reddit thread from June:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ican_stiker_eduardo_herrera_close_to_signing/

With respect, there are more positive comments on Pena in your example than negative comments about Herrera.
Read into that what you will.

I am not going to get into a bunfight and I probably would tone down my “highly” comment but I do stand by the bulk of my post.

Rangers have asked for him to be moved on. I never post any rumours but know this for a fact

On the other hand, any Mexican blundering onto our own social media to glean information about one of our current players, even a star performer like Tavernier, would come away blinking in amazement that the person wasn't on crutches or in a wheelchair.

Back