Retro Kit

Got mine through and (incoming!) tbh I’m not tht impressed. The top is very thin material, the collar and sleeves feel cheap and the fit is completely different to the home and away tops I have already. I hate to say it but reminds me of the holiday “replicas” you get.
I await the inevitable stick I’ll take but wanted to provide some balance and goes without saying I’m happy that others are delighted with theirs
I definitely agree the material is thinner than usual. Can’t decide whether that is a good thing or bad because I don’t think it feels cheaper for it. The washing machine will decide that I guess.

If you dig deep on the old outdated Megastore website owned by Mike Ashley you will see that the retro kit is being sold there also

If you dig deep on the old outdated Megastore website owned by Mike Ashley you will see that the retro kit is being sold there also

I believe that site is just a reskinned Sports Direct site with the word ‘Rangers’ used as a filter.

At one point the filter was broken and it was showing a Rennes kit.

Last edited:
I had my doubts about Castore after seeing some of the stories back in the summer but I've purchased this and absolutely love it. Really is a class top.

Is anyone else still waiting on their top? Ordered it on day of release and still waiting
Yes, still not heard anything. Live in Glasgow, ordered as soon as it came out. Still no correspondence other than the immediate order confirmation/receipt. Really, really poor for spending over £70 on a top!

Order the top for my sons Christmas on the day of release, just had an email today saying the order has been cancelled because the can't fulfill the order.
Very poor yet again.

Got mine through and (incoming!) tbh I’m not tht impressed. The top is very thin material, the collar and sleeves feel cheap and the fit is completely different to the home and away tops I have already. I hate to say it but reminds me of the holiday “replicas” you get.
I await the inevitable stick I’ll take but wanted to provide some balance and goes without saying I’m happy that others are delighted with theirs
I don’t mind the material. The collar is harder than I first thought it would be from the promos but at least it will keep its shape that way. I think the fit is the same as the replica top. It is in mine anyway

Ordered mine Monday morning, didn’t get an email to say when it was coming. I just checked my confirmation email and there was a tracking number in there, tomorrow between 07.30/12.30 delivery time.

It’s a shame it wasn’t done in a similar material to the Umbro tops around 2011 which were brilliant. Felt like you were wearing any shirt rather than the clingy feel that the strips have now

Emailed them last Friday and got a generic response

Emailed them again today And still waiting on a response
I'd say if you dont hear again raise paypal excuse. Instances like that sing acceptable at all though. Clearly when orders get busy they lose track of some, they will need to improve on this massively

Is anyone else still waiting on their top? Ordered it on day of release and still waiting
I ordered mine on the day they were released, 6 days later and still didn't have an email saying it had been sent , sent them an email asking why it hadn't been sent , half an hour later the postman delivered it , then got an email 6 hours later saying it had been dispatched, all a bit random!

Wife ordered mine and it arrived within a couple of days. No issues. Just have to wait until Christmas now

Still no sign of the top and no reply from concierge email when emailed Thursday morning

Joke of a service once more by castore and they should be getting this sorted before releasing more stock and doing discount weekends

Emailed concierge after the SLO told me to on Twitter (he replied within 5 minutes!). Concierge finally got back to me on Friday saying "Sorry for the delay, your top is being dispatched tomorrow". In other words it's gone missing, or my order has, and now we're sending you another or remembering to send you one at all. Pretty poor.

Still no received it right enough....

Ordered umbrella and hoody, got one tracking number, only the umbrella delivered today but packing note in box shows the 2 items.

Has anyone else ordered the umbrella (comes in triangular box) plus 1 other item?

If so, did it come in 2 different deliveries?

I fear the hoody is awol as box shows the tracking number given but there's no box 1 of 2

Ordered umbrella and hoody, got one tracking number, only the umbrella delivered today but packing note in box shows the 2 items.

Has anyone else ordered the umbrella (comes in triangular box) plus 1 other item?

I fear the hoody is awol as box shows the tracking number given but there's no box 1 of 2
I ordered the umbrella on its own last week and it came in a massive flattened square box shaped box. Completely random packaging.

not great considering the order was confirmed:

Due to high demand we were unable to fulfil this order and we will have to process a refund

The new blackout range is pretty nice.
JCRFCMP_black_1_57edd199-b444-4425-8006-a6f684be8e1a_2048x.jpg

Finally got a reply from the “concierge” regarding my order still being unfulfilled over 2 weeks later...

Hi Captain_Buns,

We sincerely apologise for the delay on this order and we are working hard to rectify this issue.

Unfortunately, we have been experiencing some slight delays within our warehouse as we have had high demand the past couple of weeks.

We can assure you this issue is being worked on and you should receive your tracking information within the next 24 hours.

Please contact us once you have received this information and we can then update you with the status of your delivery.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Service Team

High demand didn’t stop them launching sales & additional new products onto a supply chain already struggling to cope.

Back