Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

In the article,is an email address for questions to be submitted for their AGM.

I'm sure many would like to ask:
1.why they covered up child sex abuse inside their club for 50 plus years.
2.why they never actually questioned victims of child sex abuse at their club as part of their "internal investigations".
3.why they failed to disclose the child sex abuse inside their club and the results of their internal investigations to shareholders,public and stock exchanges.

I'm sure there will be many other questions bears and victims will want answers to.....

Perhaps survivor support advocate Ian Ackley would be able to assist victims/survivors, providing help in accessing services which provide expert support for those abused. Ian himself a victim of notorious Barry Bennell could maybe point those in need of support in the right direction.
just seen a report on sky sports news English FA leading the way with support for victims,
Scotland could learn a lesson or two.

To think Pat Nevin 'laughed it off' when discussing this subject in a recent interview. He got serious negative for that, will his conscience get the better of him as time passes? I've never liked that wee weasel ever.
When the whole sorry story properly breaks they’ll be falling over themselves to condemn it, wringing their hands in sorrow and revulsion when the truth is they all stood by and done nothing for decades. You can’t come back from that, they are finished in terms of media work.

To think Pat Nevin 'laughed it off' when discussing this subject in a recent interview. He got serious negative for that, will his conscience get the better of him as time passes? I've never liked that wee weasel ever.
Since then he has totally blanked Scottish football, you would normally hear him on radio commenting, but now nothing. He's trying to punt his book, so its back to the hipster indie music guy image that sells in England

When the whole sorry story properly breaks they’ll be falling over themselves to condemn it, wringing their hands in sorrow and revulsion when the truth is they all stood by and done nothing for decades. You can’t come back from that, they are finished in terms of media work.
BN, Grigo and their team have said numerous times on this thread that every one of these enablers will be outed, named and shamed when the time is right. Politicians that ignored the pleas for help, journalists that ignored the story, the lot.

Given what this team has achieved so far, I would not want to be in their shoes.

Tick tock.

The quest for justice by a particular few on this thread is simply remarkable.

When do the victims get their day in court, or Is there a date in place already?

It feels like the incredible effort has been ongoing forever, is there any light at the end of the tunnel for the survivors?

The courts are an absolute shambles at the moment to the point they are running out of cinemas. Huge backlog.

I stumbled across a really good video, sums these beasts up. Would post but unfortunately not savvy enough to post.

its on Youtube, titled T

Well done. Another respected outlet.

When will Scotland listen?
There are many apologists within the SNP that are unwilling to take this on. Perpetrators and enablers are being uncovered and still the SNP hide behind a football association review.
Once this review is released then the SNP have no excuse. They have continued with the SFA review reply for the past 2 years or more. Even when opposition MSP’s question them they are met with the same reply.
They left us no choice but to take it outside Scotland. The SNP care about one thing and one thing only and continue to ignore survivors and families.

I hope that these poor victims finally get some justice. When you say take it outside Scotland, do you mean the documentaries and podcasts or is there other stuff not mentioned on here yet?
Yes. We had to find journalists willing to take it on. Of course Marc Horne has done an amazing job and continues to do so, but we want the world to know what’s happened under the name of that club.
We obviously can’t put some stuff on here due to the upcoming court cases.
One thing I can say is there is interest coming from Kearny. I can’t say anymore at the moment and I apologise for that, but it’s purely because of legalities.
We have also found past Celtic officials that were thought couldn’t be found. Well we’ve found them. One high profile individual from the past has also been found.
Can I also just say this. We understand and share people’s frustration when they contact us, or post on here why there has been no movement on this whole issue? It’s purely to do with upcoming court cases. Covid has definitely caused a backlog in the courts which has been another major stumbling block. There’s simply nothing we can do about that.
It won’t stop us from continuing to hunt these beasts and enablers down. The club still refuses to comment and ex-players and officials who knew continue to say nothing. How they sleep at night is beyond me.

Last edited:
Yes. We had to find journalists willing to take it on. Of course Marc Horne has done an amazing job and continues to do so, but we want the world to know what’s happened under the name of that club.
We obviously can’t put some stuff on here due to the upcoming court cases.
One thing I can say is there is interest coming from Kearny. I can’t say anymore at the moment and I apologise for that, but it’s purely because of legalities.
We have also found past Celtic officials that was thought couldn’t be found. Well we’ve found them. One high profile individual from the past has also been found.
Can I also just say this. We understand and share people’s frustration when they contact us, or post on here why there has been no movement on this whole issue? It’s purely to do with upcoming court cases. Covid has definitely caused a backlog in the courts which has been another major stumbling block. There’s simply nothing we can do about that.
It won’t stop us from continuing to hunt these beasts and enablers down. The club still refuses to comment and ex-players and officials who knew continue to say nothing. How they sleep at night is beyond me.
Everyday BN94 the crack in the wall gets a little bit bigger and we wait in anticipation for the thunderous roar when the mighty dam bursts and the truth and the sins and the secrets and the lies all come pouring out into the public domain ......OH! and the Paedodome carpet as well o_O.

BN, Grigo and their team have said numerous times on this thread that every one of these enablers will be outed, named and shamed when the time is right. Politicians that ignored the pleas for help, journalists that ignored the story, the lot.

Given what this team has achieved so far, I would not want to be in their shoes.

Tick tock.
They will be, every last stinking one of them from The Scottish Government to The so called Professional Journalists to the TV and Media who refuse to talk or write about it. Everyone of these people have put a Football Team in front of children that had being raped and abused

There are many apologists within the SNP that are unwilling to take this on. Perpetrators and enablers are being uncovered and still the SNP hide behind a football association review.
Once this review is released then the SNP have no excuse. They have continued with the SFA review reply for the past 2 years or more. Even when opposition MSP’s question them they are met with the same reply.
They left us no choice but to take it outside Scotland. The SNP care about one thing and one thing only and continue to ignore survivors and families.

The ignorance of club and Government is absolutely shameful BN

Everyday BN94 the crack in the wall gets a little bit bigger and we wait in anticipation for the thunderous roar when the mighty dam bursts and the truth and the sins and the secrets and the lies all come pouring out into the public domain ......OH! and the Paedodome carpet as well o_O.
And the flood leaves nothing of them except as a footnote on how not to do things the scum bastards.

And the flood leaves nothing of them except as a footnote on how not to do things the scum bastards.
If they had dealt with this correctly in 1974.

Did Stein actually inform anyone higher up of his encounter with and the sudden departure of Jim Torbett?
Or did he feel appropriate action had been taken and the matter was over and there was no need to bother the board with it?

"If it wasnt for those boys you would be going to jail" Stein told a tearful Torbbett as he papped him oot the door.

Were those boys silenced and Torbetts riddance the assurance of their continued silence?

Vote these bastards out BN94, they are vile and not doing their job. A more smarmier group of whankers you could ever meet. Most politicians leave me cold, but these people are not even trying to hide it

It is infuriating that the media rather than report how wrong that decision was preferred to back it and let it pass like the government were making some sort of statement and dealing with the issue head on.
The media are compliant in all of this, of that there is no doubt.
Nippy's Chief Spin Doctor is Murray Foote, Rangers hater, former Daily Record Editor and still commands a great deal of control over the Scottish mhedia.

Back