Now is the time for Rangers and their fans to rekindle their Scotland relationship

If there was six Rangers players in the team, Walter in charge and a clear out at the SFA I think responses would be different. I’ll always support Scotland. In the same way that no player is bigger than the club, I won’t let temporary personnel in the stands or the board room at Hampden steal my national team from me.

I never want to see Scotland lose. I just can't actively support them. I was uneasy with them well before 2012. Their treatment towards some of our players and the club has been abysmal.
I agree with this totally.

They’re both countries but the UK is a sovereign state whereas Scotland is not m
Scotland only meets 2 out of 8 criteria’s to be classed as a country
It doesn’t control its own economy
Doesn’t control its own security
Doesn’t control its own transport system
It doesn’t have sovereignty
It doesn’t have its own embassy
Doesn’t have the power of social engineering
So Scotland is just a nation in the country of the U.K. , if you check anywhere even the Scottish gov website it says Scotland as nation , Scotland is a nation in the country of the U.K. , other places like world atlas etc confirms this also
We also voted to keep it that way but I’m guessing you didn’t

Last edited:
Good article. Sadly the responses are predictable.

Bemoan the fact that the national team is followed by (mostly) that lot whilst refusing to be part of the fan base that follows the national team. Makes no sense to me.
Forget the other fans

Its the National organisation who contributed in 2012 to almost wiping us out. And who also, only a few months ago conspired to hand a *Title to the beasts.

%^*& the SFA

If the Jacobites were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains.
Interesting story, a fella in my home town opened a food van called “Jack-obites” around the time of the referendum, spent a lot of money. Thankfully the area voted NO!
How thick must you be to antagonise more than half the people passing your business?
Anyway it didn’t last long before going out of business! He lost a lot of money!

Last edited:
Good article. Sadly the responses are predictable.

Bemoan the fact that the national team is followed by (mostly) that lot whilst refusing to be part of the fan base that follows the national team. Makes no sense to me.
Most tims I know aren’t Scotland fans, even the Scottish ones. They all follow Rep. of Ireland, wear the shirts go to the games, so on.

It’s not an issue to me which teams Scotland fans follow, but it seems to be so to Scotland fans.

I will never support Scotland again. Haven’t done since Roxburgh and Brown. Their refusals to play Gough and Robertson finished it for me

Doesnt mention the booing of Rangers players or the anti Rangers songs sang by the tartan fannies....sorry not for me.
This for me.
It doesn’t simply go back to 2012 either.
Ever since Souness signed Butcher and Woods, and the rest of the country learned the words to Flower of Scotland, there has been a decline in this relationship.
That the other clubs still wanted us to lose, enjoyed us losing, in Europe during “three foreigner rule” days, and the anti English racist approach of the tartan army couldn't be their excuse, made it worse.
The lack of assistance in 2008 made the relationship even toxic and of course, the bloodlust demonstrated by other clubs in 2012 and since then, absolutely ended any chance of a high number of our support ever wanting reconciliation.
That’s where I am now.

Scotland only meets 2 out of 8 criteria’s to be classed as a country
It doesn’t control its own economy
Doesn’t control its own security
Doesn’t control its own transport system
It doesn’t have sovereignty
It doesn’t have its own embassy
Doesn’t have the power of social engineering
So Scotland is just a nation in the country of the U.K. , if you check anywhere even the Scottish gov website it says Scotland as nation , Scotland is a nation in the country of the U.K. , other places like world atlas etc confirms this also
We also voted to keep it that way but I’m guessing you didn’t
Thats how you are choosing to define a country. I’m as big a unionist as you’ll ever come across but I’m not so fucking insecure that I need to greet about semantics. I don’t see many separatists acknowledging the UK as a sovereign state?

Clown.

3WLusR6.jpg

I abandoned them long before Ian , I wont be back either.
We are all Ian Ferguson.

Brown nosing people who hate you has historically never been successful. Eg, Chamberlain. We need to stand up for ourselves, not bend over for them.

Re the OP’s point.... NOW is the time?.....Really?
That time may come but until the organisations running our game stop acting for the benefit of one club I see no imminent change.

Thats how you are choosing to define a country. I’m as big a unionist as you’ll ever come across but I’m not so fucking insecure that I need to greet about semantics. I don’t see many separatists acknowledging the UK as a sovereign state?

Clown.
But the fact is Scotland isn’t a country I’m staying facts , there no definition it’s a fact

But the fact is Scotland isn’t a country I’m staying facts , there no definition it’s a fact
If it’s a fact then there should be a definition that makes it a fact.

The terms ‘Country’ and ‘Nation’ is often used interchangeably that they are thought of as different words having the same meaning. But there are major differences between the two.

A nation is a community of humans formed on the basis of a common language, territory, ethnicity.

A country may be an independent sovereign state or part of a larger state, a physical territory with a government, or a geographic region associated with sets of previously independent or differently associated people.

There’s a definition for you, which one better defines Scotland?

It’s usually separatists that get so wound up over semantics as they bend over backwards trying to argue their case.

If it’s a fact then there should be a definition that makes it a fact.

There’s a definition for you, which one better defines Scotland?

It’s usually separatists that get so wound up over semantics as they bend over backwards trying to argue their case.
No really my country is the United Kingdom you sound like a separatists breaking up
The country by classing apart of the U.K. a country

I'd never judge anyone for what they spend their money on, me personally, I won't be wasting it watching Clarkes timmy infested team.

If Steve Clarke apologised for his bye bye Rangers pathetic jibe and the tartan trannies apologise for booing our players and they all beg for our support I’d think about it. None of those things will happen so fk them

No thanks
As a former Scotland fan went to Wembley many times it’s not me that’s moved away from Scotland it’s Scotland that has moved from me. I’m British first a unionist and I despise secessionists the new Scotland support is polluted with rabid nationalists and Rangers haters and that’s before we look at the current manager and the football authorities. Definitely not interested personally and I cannot wish them well.

No really my country is the United Kingdom you sound like a separatists breaking up
The country by classing apart of the U.K. a country
Like I said, I’m not insecure enough to argue that a country cannot exist within a country.

Like I said, I’m not insecure enough to argue that a country cannot exist within a country.
But it’s not a country Scottish government website states it clearly , world atlas states it clearly you can’t get much clearer than that

Back