Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

McLennan and Ferguson were the two Aberdeen players in the squad. Ross McCrorie as well but he’s already tested positive while at Pompey.
Was Ross McCrorie not also in the squad?

Appreciate he has already tested positive for Covid, but a number of people have caught it twice and would likely be sharing a room with his brother.

Appreciate he has already tested positive for Covid, but a number of people have caught it twice and would likely be sharing a room with his brother.
He was, but it would appear he’s not got it.

I wonder if we'll get infected. No more International football till March and a vaccine will be out by then.

Sorry for the stupid question, but if it's an un-named player, how do you know that?
Just guessing here genuinely, seeing as he’s still our player I’d assume we’d have to be notified (like his brother) so there’d be no need to hide it.

He can’t play this weekend either so like I said no reason to hide it.

That said, I don’t get why Aberdeen would hide it either...

Just guessing here genuinely, seeing as he’s still our player I’d assume we’d have to be notified (like his brother) so there’d be no need to hide it.

He can’t play this weekend either so like I said no reason to hide it.

That said, I don’t get why Aberdeen would hide it either...
Would depend on where the info has come from. Livi may have confirmed the test with the Record for Robby while Aberdeen may have chosen not to name their player.

Kinnear, Paterson, Middleton all away from the 1st team if we are doing this right then, should be doing our own track and trace. Don't trust the SFA to get this right, or Stompy for that matter
I don't know this to be fact but you'd assume players are tested by us before being allowed back into our bubble

Kinnear, Paterson, Middleton all away from the 1st team if we are doing this right then, should be doing our own track and trace. Don't trust the SFA to get this right, or Stompy for that matter
Kinnear trained with the first team on Friday he's in the photos the club released.

McLennan and Ferguson were the two Aberdeen players in the squad. Ross McCrorie as well but he’s already tested positive while at Pompey.

Realize it's more likely to be the other two but Ross McCrorie could easily have got a false positive this time. Happens fairly often, as do false negatives, and would keep him out of the game at the weekend.

I wonder if we'll get infected. No more International football till March and a vaccine will be out by then.

Inevitable that we get positive cases sooner or later. Football players may be in their club team bubbles as much as is possible but their partners, parents, kids, friends etc are not.

Then there's the risk of non player club staff bringing it inside the bubble, regular travel through airports for European games, matches against sides who maybe dont have the same resources or pressure to maintain the best possible anti covid practices or who just get unlucky same as we might.

Realize it's more likely to be the other two but Ross McCrorie could easily have got a false positive this time. Happens fairly often, as do false negatives, and would keep him out of the game at the weekend.

He is already out of the game at the weekend mate, as he is on loan from us.

Edit - Never noticed Erskine Bear had already answered, sorry.

I know a few people who have tested positive twice. Getting it once doesn't mean you can't get it again
IT's extremely rare, practically unheard of. Chances are the people you know never got rid of it properly after the first test and still had it when they were tested the second time. They may or may not have got a false negative test in between. Or one of the two positive tests might have been a false one.

IT's extremely rare, practically unheard of. Chances are the people you know never got rid of it properly after the first test and still had it when they were tested the second time. They may or may not have got a false negative test in between. Or one of the two positive tests might have been a false one.
If you have tested positive for Covid it can stay in your system for up to 90 days I’m lead to believe but it’s the initial 10-14 days after symptoms show that you are most infectious and that’s were the 14 day self isolation period comes from

Well it looks like we've come through three sets of internationals without a positive test, and providing everyone behaves themselves the players will be within the club bubble until March which reduces the risk of infection.

We've been extremely lucky, not that I'm complaining.
Club bubble doesn’t exist I have said before I know of two spl players who drop their kids off at school in the morning. They don’t just go to training then sit in the house

Who are all those people who have caught it twice and what is the medical evidence to support the claim?

They currently think you're 'protected' for about six months after infection. Ross McCrorie tested positive 8 months ago.

Of the people I know, two who tested positive twice showed symptoms twice One of them only showed symptoms once but tested positive months apart.

Club bubble doesn’t exist I have said before I know of two spl players who drop their kids off at school in the morning. They don’t just go to training then sit in the house
The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

I think they should be nowhere near schools, they are rife.
If they are dropping kids off, they likely won't be near other folk long enough to get it (they reckon you need up 15 minutes of close contact with someone). If they aren't even getting out of the car, which schools around me are asking parents dropping kids off to do, then there's no risk of that at all. They'd be at greater risk of exposure travelling through the airport to go to an EL game.

Who are all those people who have caught it twice and what is the medical evidence to support the claim?

I follow a girl on Twitter who has caught it twice, she is a nurse on a Covid ward though so that may have something to do with it.

Tested positive early summer, recovered and then again a few weeks ago and had to isolate again, said she was quite bad first time but far less severe second time.

Back