Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

Wishing a disease on someone to get a football advantage is pretty grim.
To be fair it's not like wishing cancer on him.

For someone of his age and health its 99.9999% certain it would not be serious and highly likely he wouldn't even notice.

Wishing illness on someone due to football is wee guy behaviour.
Agreed. But being a close contact isn't an illness as indeed is testing positive in some cases.

That said, I do wish illness on Griffiths and that's not even for football reasons.

I’m sure Ross McCrorie has had it already although I don’t think anyone knows for sure whether how long any immunity lasts.

Most likely Ferguson or McLennan

Just guessing here genuinely, seeing as he’s still our player I’d assume we’d have to be notified (like his brother) so there’d be no need to hide it.

He can’t play this weekend either so like I said no reason to hide it.

That said, I don’t get why Aberdeen would hide it either...
If it was one of their key players :oops: they will want to keep it quiet until nearer kick off time.At the end of the day I am sure we will beat them whatever team they put out.

If it was one of their key players :oops: they will want to keep it quiet until nearer kick off time.At the end of the day I am sure we will beat them whatever team they put out.
That’s the only explanation I can come up with. Which would suggest it wasn’t Ross, as he couldn’t play anyway.

Was Ross McCrorie not also in the squad?

Appreciate he has already tested positive for Covid, but a number of people have caught it twice and would likely be sharing a room with his brother.
there’s no real evidence of people catching covid twice. a handful of disputable cases out of millions

some people might have tested positive for it twice, but that’s as completely different thing

Must admit I didn’t know that, I assumed If they had tested negative then they were fine.

Might be explained as I read further down the thread but I think it'll be because you can show a negative test but then display symptoms in the following days.

Its close contact that it counts as at that point and you'll be asked to isolate until you are past the symptoms carrying stage.

If it is Ferguson then his old man is likely to let it slip this afternoon.

It really doesn't matter to us who they play, I hope robby and the unnamed player make a full recovery.

They currently think you're 'protected' for about six months after infection. Ross McCrorie tested positive 8 months ago.

Of the people I know, two who tested positive twice showed symptoms twice One of them only showed symptoms once but tested positive months apar
Signs of covid antigens can show for that 6 month period so being tested after having a positive covid test could show positive again.
This is what happend with my son as his team insisted on a negative test. He was then given a letter to confirm he was not contagious.

Last edited:
They currently think you're 'protected' for about six months after infection. Ross McCrorie tested positive 8 months ago.

Of the people I know, two who tested positive twice showed symptoms twice One of them only showed symptoms once but tested positive months apart.
Is it not less than 50 cases worldwide who have been confirmed to have had it twice? How many of them do you know? Would be surprise if more than a couple were in the UK.

If they are dropping kids off, they likely won't be near other folk long enough to get it (they reckon you need up 15 minutes of close contact with someone). If they aren't even getting out of the car, which schools around me are asking parents dropping kids off to do, then there's no risk of that at all. They'd be at greater risk of exposure travelling through the airport to go to an EL game.
Even now mate , you have to wear a mask when collecting kids so even less risk . As you say it’s virtually nil.

Get a grip pal. What sort of person would will someone to be unwell to grant us an advantage in a match. Shocking.
Rangers shouldn't need the advantage anyway,
We can beat Aberdeen's best side on most days and if we turn up properly we can really turn them over.
As for young Ferguson, he is a good Bear who will, of course, run his nuts off against us and that is how it should be.

Get a grip pal. What sort of person would will someone to be unwell to grant us an advantage in a match. Shocking.
Usually the filth and Aberdeen fans. Add in Hibs, Hearts and arabs too. Hell I'll even thrown in the ratbags running the game up here.

The condescending, the holier than thou attitude on here at times, given the vitriol aimed at us, makes me want to vomit.

Usually the filth and Aberdeen fans. Add in Hibs, Hearts and arabs too. Hell I'll even thrown in the ratbags running the game up here.

The condescending, the holier than thou attitude on here at times, given the vitriol aimed at us, makes me want to vomit.
My reply was neither condescending or holier than though, a bit dramatic maybe and had I taken another few seconds to consider it I probably wouldn't have bothered replying at all.
It's not in my nature to hope something bad happens to someone so that may benefit on us the pitch and on reflection I'm not even sure the poster was being serious so that's my fault for reacting.
Apologies if my reply makes you want to vomit. It wasn't my intention to upset fellow bears on a Saturday morning.

Folk going on about not catching it twice. You can catch the cold or the flu more than once in your life. Covid is the same family of diseases!

there’s no real evidence of people catching covid twice. a handful of disputable cases out of millions

some people might have tested positive for it twice, but that’s as completely different thing
I would disagree. All cases in this report have been confirmed by the authorities and are not under dispute. Covid is a bit like the flu, in that there are different strains, so the antibodies you build up from the first infection don't fully protect you. The Lancet is The Bible for medicine. If they are reporting that people have caught Covid twice, then it is pretty much beyond dispute.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-reinfected-caught-twice-covid-19120597

My reply was neither condescending or holier than though, a bit dramatic maybe and had I taken another few seconds to consider it I probably wouldn't have bothered replying at all.
It's not in my nature to hope something bad happens to someone so that may benefit on us the pitch and on reflection I'm not even sure the poster was being serious so that's my fault for reacting.
Apologies if my reply makes you want to vomit. It wasn't my intention to upset fellow bears on a Saturday morning.
Fair enough.

I just look at the hatred aimed at us, so when another bear states something, which I find innocuous, because I'm pretty certain the guy was meaning he hoped it was Dolly's best player out as opposed to hoping he gets a disease, I get the sentiment.

Then I read on another thread about the bans handed out to our players compared to the kid gloves with which Aberdeen and the filth were treated with regards the breaching of Covid, it's hard at times to keep rational thoughts on a level keel.

Certainly mine, anyway.

McLennan and Ferguson were the two Aberdeen players in the squad. Ross McCrorie as well but he’s already tested positive while at Pompey.
Cases have been confirmed by WHO. Google is your friend.
People have tested positive twice - nobody has been ill twice.

Wishing covid someone is scumbag behaviour. End of story.

Back