Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

Not sure it’s as cut & dry as that, Doohan would have to isolate too. That said they could could be a part of the 11.

WE NEED NAMES PEOPLE.
Just with the pictures being pulled from training yesterday where Kinnear featured in them with our keepers has got me thinking like that?

Just with the pictures being pulled from training yesterday where Kinnear featured in them with our keepers has got me thinking like that?
Yeah possibly, it won’t be necessarily related to being a keeper though. I assume Middleton & Patterson trained yesterday too.

So let me get this right this has only been identified when players reported back to their own clubs? How are the SFA to blame then or am I missing something

Yeah but if it’s Ross it’s irrelevant anyway . It’s whether the other 2 are effected .wish all 11 isolating well
Yeah, I said that earlier in the thread & I doubt it would be Ross because we’d be told like we were with Robby.

So it appears that the Scottish FA have failed in their duty of care. There are wider ramifications of this and loss of income if we look to the Benfica match and UEFA prize money allocation.

So it appears that the Scottish FA have failed in their duty of care. There are wider ramifications of this and loss of income if we look to the Benfica match and UEFA prize money allocation.

What are you talking about?

Who are all those people who have caught it twice and what is the medical evidence to support the claim?
99.9% of people will only catch it once but the scum media make a big song and dance about the tiny amount of times someone might get it twice.

Even then 1 of the 2 was probably a false positive.

If Turnbull (rumoured) is one of positive cases and trained with Celtic yesterday, how does that effect them for today’s game?

Those self isolating appear to be based on where they sat on the plane on the way home.

Eleven Scotland Under-21 players and two backroom staff are self-isolating after three of the players tested positive for Covid-19.

The positive tests were recorded after the players returned to their clubs following Tuesday's defeat in Greece and those three players are to isolate for 10 days from 20 November.
The 10 close contacts must do likewise for 14 days, also starting Friday.

Scot Gemmill's squad and staff flew back to Scotland on Wednesday.

"The close contacts were established using aircraft and bus manifests, in adherence to government protocols that consider close contacts to be two rows either side of a positive case," said the SFA in a statement.

The latest development comes after a member of the team's backroom staff returned a positive test last Sunday prior to the group travelling to Greece, with a colleague deemed as a close contact.

If Turnbull (rumoured) is one of positive cases and trained with Celtic yesterday, how does that effect them for today’s game?
Would it not be whomever he is close to would have to isolate?

Unsure if that stretches to the club itself ?

Do you not have to be symptomatic mate? Before those you were in contact with isolate? So for rangers for example, Paterson and Middleton would have to now display symptoms before our team would have to isolate. But because they were in direct contact with three positive cases they now have to isolate.
I think that’s the way it works.

Why anyone would wish this horrible disease upon anyone is beyond me!
Horrible Disease? Only if your elderly, or have underlying health conditions. Name me 1 fit and healthy sportsman/woman who has had it who hasn't returned to their sport after staying in for 2 weeks?

If an outbreak from the Scottish U21s impacts our first team then there could be a serious knock on for other games - including the Benfica game on Thursday.

It won't though, so you're getting carried away over absolutely nothing.

An awful lot of excitement and frothing at the mouth over nothing yet. We need to wait and see who has been told to isolate and if they test positive. It may affect us, it might not asides from the under 21 players being asked to isolate. No point getting worked up about it just now.

Hopefully none of our boys .....

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not quite sure.

But don't we need a certain number of players in our Euro matchday squad, that are U-21 or trained at club since youth ... ?????

Would it impact our game on Thurs, if some of them at that age group have to isolate??

But don't we need a certain number of players in our Euro matchday squad, that are U-21 or trained at club since youth ... ?????

Would it impact our game on Thurs, if some of them at that age group have to isolate??

No.

They only need to be registered for the competition, they don’t need to be in the match day squad. Nothing to worry about.

no thats for the overall registered squad

We are more than covered for there mate. So it’s ok

In the registered squad for the competition, not the match day squad.

Wouldn’t be an issue.

As long as Middleton and Paterson aren’t Covid positive, training with the squad before being instructed to self-isolate would have absolute no bearing on us whatsoever.
No but with the virus taking up to 2 weeks to appear, they could have been infected and therefore spreading, through absolutely no fault of the player or the club might I add. Purely on UEFA being cunts

Do you not have to be symptomatic mate? Before those you were in contact with isolate? So for Rangers for example, Paterson and Middleton would have to now display symptoms before our team would have to isolate. But because they were in direct contact with three positive cases they now have to isolate.
I think that’s the way it works.
If Turnbull is positive his close contacts would have to isolate whether they have symptoms or not.

Back