Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

should these players in squad not have had sfa covid clearance before returning to their clubs. if they knew there were possible problems then there lies the issue
Looking for a fight where there isn't one, we all hate the SFA but this isn't on them mate

So Aberdeen may be without Hayes, McCrorie, McGinn, Watkins & McGeough as known.

Then possibly Ferguson, McLenann too via Covid??
I've gone back and listened again and he actually says in reference to the u21 "basically Aberdeen are going to be without 3 players for the next 3 matches" undiluted fury is being aimed at the SFA by clubs(I'm assuming he's talking about the sheep mainly)

99.9% of people will only catch it once but the scum media make a big song and dance about the tiny amount of times someone might get it twice.

Even then 1 of the 2 was probably a false positive.
I agree,
It seems that every negative aspect of this illness is accentuated even exaggerated in order to sow fear into the population.
The appetite for the government and the news media to provoke terror throughout the nation is something that one day will need addressing.
Sadly it is also something that our fellow citizens also enjoy,

It’s bang on the money that it would be a concern but it’s not being reported that it is the case yet. If our players are positive and trained with first team then the poster you’re quoting is technically right.
Its stating the obvious that we all know and don't want to happen.

There is nothing at all to suggest that is the case. People need to calm down.

Isolations only really occur if you have been in close contact with someone 48 hours prior to symptoms and/or the positive test.

So if our players are isolating but not positive then should be ok for any further impact even if they test positive later.

Agree either our players are positive or they are contact traced. It’s an issue if they were positive it’s not if they were just contact traced.
I'm sure we would have heard by now if we had anything to worry about.

Am I right in thinking you need a negative test 24 hours before a game?

As others have said, it's certain to impact upon our squad at some point over the season. This situation ain't so bad unless the players involved have the virus but aren't showing symptoms yet.

We'll deal with it as and when it comes. We've got a very strong squad, so I think we're decently set.

As I understand it if Middleton and Paterson have to isolate it won't impact the rest of the squad unless they test positive or have symptoms within 48 hours of being in contact with the squad

11 u21 players self isolating according to the bbc, doubt anyone in that squad will be involved this weekend

shouldn’t sfa have a proper examination to attempt to understand how the virus has made it through that group though - three cases so far sounds like an opportunity to see if there are procedural improvements required

seems like there was one case in the group pre-travel to Greece , they were excused at that point , and then the return shows three cases .

Honestly starting to think tomorrow’s game might get postponed because their 3 and our 3 trained with first team

I’d be wanting Middleton and Patterson to isolate even if they haven’t been ordered to by track and trace.

Once again (as this ridiculous notion was raised in the Croatia/Barisic thread last week), why?

Why would you want us to voluntarily limit our options as a squad for important games where injuries could quite easily happen and lead to the likes of Middleton or (more likely) Patterson having a role to play?

It’s astonishing how the fear factor being peddled by the media has affected people judging by posts on here.

Once again (as this ridiculous notion was raised in the Croatia/Barisic thread last week), why?

Why would you want us to voluntarily limit our options as a squad for important games where injuries could quite easily happen and lead to the likes of Middleton or (more likely) Patterson having a role to play?

It’s astonishing how the fear factor being peddled by the media has affected people judging by posts on here.
Just to be safe. I’d rather 2 players out than 10, more than half the Scotland squad have to isolate. Croatia had 1(?).

Listen I don’t buy into any fear and if you looked in the Covid thread in the lounge my posts in there are quite the opposite.

When it comes to Rangers and our ability to win games, anything goes.

Hopefully none of our boys .....

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not quite sure.

But don't we need a certain number of players in our Euro matchday squad, that are U-21 or trained at club since youth ... ?????

Would it impact our game on Thurs, if some of them at that age group have to isolate??
No instead you can just have less players on the bench. Besides of the 3 u21s at the club only Patterson makes our European bench. King would probably take his place on the bench.

Allan Campbell isn't in the Motherwell squad so he'll be one of the players having to isolate.

Back