Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

I find it bizarre to be honest.

We are told to wear masks going into shops due to potentially catching it yet you can play football when you are breathing heavily/maybe even coughing/sweating/clearing nose etc when training. Teams are training as normal also so 2m rule doesn’t apply.

Plus going by Motherwell’s tweet, they only found out at 9:30pm last night. Celtic would have been in hotel by then, including Turnbull.

You wouldn't be within 2m for 15 minutes during training.

Unless you were somehow tied to another player.

We are told to wear masks going into shops due to potentially catching it yet you can play football when you are breathing heavily/maybe even coughing/sweating/clearing nose etc when training. Teams are training as normal also so 2m rule doesn’t apply.

Plus going by Motherwell’s tweet, they only found out at 9:30pm last night. Celtic would have been in hotel by then, including Turnbull.
Surely the club wouldn’t be going to a hotel for a game in Edinburgh?. Unnecessary mixing you’d imagine.

You wouldn't be within 2m for 15 minutes during training.

Unless you were somehow tied to another player.

I know this is getting a bit mental which I’m not meaning it to but practicing set plays could invlove that.

Aberdeen FC is highly disappointed to confirm that, upon returning from international duty with Scotland Under 21’s, a member of the first team squad yesterday tested positive for COVID-19.

The individual, who is asymptomatic, has been self-isolating since receiving the test result.

Following guidance from the Scottish Government’s COVID experts, two further first team players, who were also part of the Scotland Under 21 squad, will be required to self-isolate for 14 days having been identified as close contacts as a result of the aircraft and bus seating manifests.

No other members of the first team or coaching staff at Cormack Park have tested positive, either during this week’s routine testing, or in fact since August.

From the outset the Club has diligently followed the strict protocols outlined by the Joint Response Group (JRG) and with a regular testing regime and stringent safety measures in place aimed at minimising any potential risk, this is a hugely frustrating situation for all at AFC.

With three first team players now missing in what is a crucial week for the Club, these developments will have a significant impact upon the integrity of its preparations, and it will be seeking urgent assurances from the Scottish FA to ensure its players remain safe whilst on International duty.

I hope both stay covid negative.

But I won't pretend that these 2 missing against us isn't a good thing for purely Rangers selfish reasons.

Aware it's bound to hit us eventually but when it hits other clubs I'm not embarrassed to hope it's better players missing against us.

Still not for a whole 15 minutes I wouldn't think.

Not that the 15 minute thing makes any sense in the first place :))

Who knows mate. I don’t understand it all at the best of times and I’m not going to pretend I do :))

Looks like we've managed to avoid it again then. Worst case if our 3 were close contacts they'll need to isolate.

Am i missing something big here?

Why would our game not go ahead?

Just people being panic merchants mate.

To answer your question, it would require a large number of either squad to be out as per some of the postponements earlier in the season. Aberdeen are seemingly missing a handful but not enough for a postponement.

Confirmed in an aberdeen statement. They have one player positive and the other 2 players in the u21 squad are self isolating

They have their entire midfield out tomorrow, they will be left with Ojo and some youngsters

Still be a battle for us.
Hopefully this is the game we reach double figures in :))

Just people being panic merchants mate.

To answer your question, it would require a large number of either squad to be out as per some of the postponements earlier in the season. Aberdeen are seemingly missing a handful but not enough for a postponement.
Only two through covid. The rest are injuries or mccrorie ineligible

Last edited:
The local press have named them as McLennan, Ferguson and McCrorie
In line with that, BBC site report says:
... Aberdeen have confirmed they will be without three squad members in total with two further players identified as close contacts.

So that sounds like it’s probably Ferguson McCrorie and McLennan.

In line with that, BBC site report says:
... Aberdeen have confirmed they will be without three squad members in total with two further players identified as close contacts.

So that sounds like it’s probably Ferguson McCrorie and McLennan.
Yeah, no doubt travelled up the road together.

Outdoor training 'should' be fine, but aye if they were in hotels etc then it could be an issue.

The strange thing is, listening to Leitch today he says you dont know when you get it. You dont catch it and then next day bang you have symptoms, its a case of 7-10 days till you get symptoms.

Though the the SFA could have had the players for that long and are also responsible for the travel.

So, 2 x McCrorie’s and Turnbull are the positives. The eight isolating are Welsh (Celtic), Campbell and McGuire (Motherwell), Ferguson and MacLennan (Aberdeen) - plus 3 others. Who are the missing names I wonder?

Assuming Robbie McCrorie was the first identified.

This is exactly why international football should’ve been cancelled for the foreseeable

It’ll inevitably affect us at some point and there’s not much you can do to avoid it

Sellik FA seem to have problems with protocols. Not so long ago the U19 game against England got abandoned at half time with this and Stark sent home to isolate.

So, 2 x McCrorie’s and Turnbull are the positives. The eight isolating are Welsh (Celtic), Campbell and McGuire (Motherwell), Ferguson and MacLennan (Aberdeen) - plus 3 others. Who are the missing names I wonder?

Assuming Robbie McCrorie was the first identified.
When was Ross McCrorie confirmed?

Back