Ronaldo CR7

GrippingIlliterateBurro-max-1mb.gif

Easily the GOAT,
Seen a clip of his famous free kick earlier for Man U, He looks even fitter nowadays than he did back then all those years ago!

Some fishing trip you're on, I'll bite. Anyone with a set of working eyes knows that Messi is the GOAT.

Ronaldo is a very good player mind you.
Messi is great. But he's done it at 1 club and flopped at international football. He should have pushed himself to see if he could do it out of his Catalan comfort zone.

it's once the both of them retire then we can judge them

i think it is neck and neck just now, both phenomenal

I don't understand how anyone can watch football and think Ronaldo is better than Messi. What's your thinking? I don't think doing it in multiple leagues really means that much. Messi was better at their peak and the Spanish league has dominated the Europa League and Champions League for most of their careers.

Messi is great. But he's done it at 1 club and flopped at international football. He should have pushed himself to see if he could do it out of his Catalan comfort zone.
If Higuain could finish he'd have a World Cup and Copa America from memory. Fine margins from 'flopped at international level' to undisputed best of all time.

Joining a one horse race was a bit of a shitebag move to be honest, obviously wanted a nice easy way to further pad his stats.

Messi is more graceful going by players, and arguably has better dribbling skill

Ronaldo is more dynamic, is a leader of his team

CR7 has better heading ability

apart from the above, the 2 of them are equally matched imo

Went to old trafford years ago, he got subbed and went straight down the tunnel in one of his moods. Always wanted to be on the field for 90 mins, what a player he has been!

what makes Messi better than Ronaldo

what makes Ronaldo better than Messi

apart from stats (goals, assists, medals)

what is the all important difference

Messi would have been the daddy in any league in the world
I like the argument that playing in 3 leagues swings it. Once you've proven yourself to be too good for the Premier League, you basically move to Spain as Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, Hazard, Henry and probably countless others have shown. The best players in the world played in Italy from the 90s onwards and in Spain from around the mid 2000s. The Premier League might one day reach that level but it hasn't yet.

Being a good player in a stronger team in a weaker league makes you better than someone else.

I suppose you can call it logic.
7 championships in a row is where they were when he joined. Winning in that team is hardly a test is it? The test was the CL but they’ve done worse there since he arrived.

36 in February and easily the best player in one of the "Big 4" leagues, definitely a top 5 player of all time for me. Although 39 year old Zlatan is probably the 2nd best in Italy so maybe that says more about Serie A.

I find it difficult to get worked up about if either way to be honest.

I think they’ll both end up without league titles this year and that’s a good thing

Back