Morelos getting congrats from John Greig

Rangers supporter since 1960, been through the many great times and unfortunately some down times as well but once a Ranger, always a Ranger. Seen some fantastic players, and some who should never have worn the jersey. For me, there will never be anyone who epitomises what Rangers are all about as much as John Greig, who truly deserves the title of greatest ever Ranger. For the record, I am also a fan of Alfredo.
I came on here tonight and made what I intended to be a light hearted comment and wow, what a reaction. I have been accused of all sorts, not least of being a closet Tim. Lesson learned
See if you’d come on and said, I made a tit of myself and I’m sorry, you might have recovered. Was pretty easy, and you didn’t do that.

Rangers supporter since 1960, been through the many great times and unfortunately some down times as well but once a Ranger, always a Ranger. Seen some fantastic players, and some who should never have worn the jersey. For me, there will never be anyone who epitomises what Rangers are all about as much as John Greig, who truly deserves the title of greatest ever Ranger. For the record, I am also a fan of Alfredo.
I came on here tonight and made what I intended to be a light hearted comment and wow, what a reaction. I have been accused of all sorts, not least of being a closet Tim. Lesson learned
Poor choice of words Barcelona bear, it got mine and many others hackles up, sorry for calling you a timposter, but cmon bud,

He's thinking, who is this auld duffer, well Alfredo, he will be remembered at Ibrox long after you've been forgotten
I certainly won't be forgetting a young guy we bought from Finnish football for a million quid that went onto become our all time European goalscorer after 4 seasons. Bit of respect please.

The guy has a poor way of showing it.
He's had a nightmare on this thread.
No need for you to join him.
Have you never regretted saying or posting something.
I just have the feeling he regretted it and was being bullied.
Or are you the type who like to gang up on individuals?

For real?
I had to listen a few times to understand what's being said!
Morelos just smiles and makes affirmative noises. He knows exactly who he is. Just doesn't necessarily know what he is saying !
Put the beers down and stop being so negative about one of the best players Rangers have ever had.
He will be top scorer this season because he needs to be to get his move.
I for one am totally behind Alfredo.
Negative posts like this are counter productive!
Also bearsuk Alfie is now out all time leading goals scorer in Europe ! So he’s hardly going to be forgotten anytime soon after he’s left !

Fair play was just the way it came across.

Alfredo has his faults but hes giving the young Rangers fans among us a proper hero and goalscorer like i had with Mccoist when growing up same as 1000s of other bears who grew up in 80s and 90s.

Barcelona Bear having a total nightmare here

Alfie is not proficient in English and Greigs broad Scottish accent will 100% confuse Alfie

I just wish people would show a bit more respect to all our existing players and ex players and not try and stir up shit or negativity as there is no need for it

Alfie has a place in our hearts and I hope his goals help us to 55

Dont worry about it bud. Faceless internet forum and all that. It's made for some brilliant reading :))

That video is a beautiful wonderful moment - incredible to see John Greig greatest ever Rangers and who captained us to our first European trophy almost 50 years ago together with Alfredo Morelos who has just created his own piece of history overtaking Ally McCoist's record - another all time great Rangers whom it just so happened John Greig signed.

Chill out Bears.

Not slating Morelos, just respecting the greatest ever Ranger. Meant to be light hearted, take a chill pill everybody
I read it that way mate, a light hearted comment. Quite like JG is with his Super comments. It’s called a sense of humour ..... banter!!! Too many snow flakes these days that need a panty liner!

I read it that way mate, a light hearted comment. Quite like JG is with his Super comments. It’s called a sense of humour ..... banter!!! Too many snow flakes these days that need a panty liner!
Throwing Morelos' achievements under the bus like he's a complete nobody wasn't really a light hearted comment though don't you think?

Absolutely mental the outrage it received.

F.uck me, first response to the OP is, John Greig is an auld duffer and Morelos will be long forgotten.

Why anyone comes to that conclusion watching that is beyond me.

Snow flake pish!

John Greig legend, however I'm not to sure Alfredo picked up what he was saying. I think it's safe to say that's all you can take from this. A lovely moment from past and present.

The first reply nails it as usual.

nat.jpg

We have a fantastic young player on our books. Morelos should be getting lauded as a fucking role model for young professionals in Scotland. Instead it almost feels as if some fans won't be happy until they have chased him from our club.....fat, arrogant, waster, disinterested, lazy, bad attitude, mental, crazy, out of control, liability... just some of the words that appear in the media and then instantly are repeated by some of our support. I must be watching a totally different player as I see a fantastic talent who adores playing for Rangers, conducts himself admirably when not playing football, and is an absolute hero in his town back home. The 'get rid' fans maybe need to get to %^*& themselves.

Supporting Rangers since 1960 so that makes you at least sixty you old duffer

Last edited:
F.uck me, first response to the OP is, John Greig is an auld duffer and Morelos will be long forgotten.

Why anyone comes to that conclusion watching that is beyond me.

Snow flake pish!
It’s not the first time you’ve been referred to a snow flake I’d suggest.

Throwing Morelos' achievements under the bus like he's a complete nobody wasn't really a light hearted comment though don't you think?
I truly did read it as light hearted, JG is a legend in any Bears eyes, including Morelos. Morelos evident awkwardness is there for all to see, probably partly due to his lack of English but also knowing who JG is and what he achieved. I’m sure the OP has been taken entirely out of context, which in these difficult times much of society seems to be doing more often than not. It’s as if some are itching to find offense to then be justifiably offended in their own minds.

Laugh a little, live a lot and be kind to yourself and others is my daily checkin!

Back