Ibrox Architect Archibald Leitch

I visited the FA museum in Manchester a number of years ago and they had a feature on his work.
A similar section should be at our new museum, even an Ibrox through the ages display should be a feature there have been loads of photos on here with the original plans of the stands, a timeline? of the new ones taking shape and the club deck with the finish being the stadium of ants, in fact this should be a major feature with Ibrox being a proper iconic football stadium in and out.

I don’t dissent from the eulogising of Leitch as the definitive British football stadium architect.

But it should also be acknowledged that these timber-built stands were death traps. Valley Parade, Bradford, was one of Leitch’s.

When Everton eventually move ground I hope they do something with part of their main stand to keep the mans memory alive

I don’t dissent from the eulogising of Leitch as the definitive British football stadium architect.

But it should also be acknowledged that these timber-built stands were death traps. Valley Parade, Bradford, was one of Leitch’s.
Thats very true but perhaps the wooden construction was driven by cost and he had to work within those constraints.

Wasn't the Valley Parade fire the result of years of poor maintenance and neglect, the lack of a proper cleaning regime, leading to an accumulation of inflammable materials under the stand? Of course once alight, its wooden construction fueled the fire, leading to an inferno and the resulting tragedy.

I can't believe this comment from someone who claims to have Inglis's book:
"I remember reading all about Leitch stands in your wonderful guide to football grounds, Simon. How many are still standing today? I can only think of Everton."

Also, and it's indicative, the Obsessed make their depressingly inevitable appearance on the twitter thread.
Whoever made that comment is an utter fool.

I'm sure villa Park stand is still standing and nice snd of course ours.

From Old Trafford earlier in the year

Lovely touch from Manchester United.

We need our own tribute to Mr Leitch, which I'd prefer to see in his magus opus, the Main Stand. Of course, he will be referenced in the new club museum, that's a given.

I'm trying to get in touch with the guy who posted this on twitter, I know lads who do these restorations and who are in London often and would be willing to help out on this.

Back