MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Very comfortable so far although we are being caught by that quick counter and that’s unusual for us

how the %^*& that’s not a penalty I have no idea ridiculous decisions

today’s not a day for any whipping boys back this team guys

also Charlie mulgrew should stick to child neglect rather than media work basically a ned with a microphone

We've had a really good first half. Some of the passing had been brilliant.

Morelos couple of bad passes but he's doing a good job today as he is constantly been marked by one or two players. Difference is we have Kent and Roofe running off him.
Great resume of Alfie and the first half. Some are sharpening the pitch forks already

Playing some great football, and the last four pages is just folk wanting to criticise Alfie.

Aye he’s had two slack passes that put pressure on us, he’ll know that himself, Tav will have told him and i’m sure the Gaffer will tell him too.

His work rate, interchanging and defending from the front have been fantastic.

We are in total control of this and in reality it could easily be 3, 4 or even 5 nil.

l love the one touch stuff, little triangles and how we try and play through them. Sometimes it doesn’t come off, but we are trying to play football in the right manner.

Great half! Keep it up and destroy them in the second!

He's just not been very good, again. I'm sure even the fanboys can admit that.
It has been pretty constructive today.

I usually spend half these match threads pointing out the permanently miserable who just can't take joy from watching us play and have to focus on the minute negatives.

Morelos has been pretty obviously poor under no pressure - he is still contributing up front but we're only a poor Aberdeen attack away from being punished for it. If he did this against Benfica we'd be punished put it that way.

Morelos. A shadow of his former self and has been for almost a year.

Midfield lacking the class, calmness and composure that normally comes from Kamara and/or Davis. Arfield losing far too much possession, as usual, and his positional play is lacking.

We're doing ok, but definitely areas of improvement required.
I can’t believe what I’m reading here.

The two times he has given it away could have easily resulted in goals for Aberdeen, the 5 or 6 times he held it up resulted in recycled possession, job done but nothing particularly productive.

People get ridiculously defensive over Morelos, he has been poor.

Folk also get ridiculously critical of him in equal measure mate.

He's been bang average, nowhere near bad enough to be hooked at HT.

EnbcbbqW4AU6zmg

The more I see that penalty not given the more it can only be cheating refs that wouldn’t give that it’s a stick on, stonewall penalty, there is no way of seeing it as anything other than that

Midfield lacking the class, calmness and composure that normally comes from Kamara and/or Davis. Arfield losing far too much possession, as usual, and his positional play is lacking.

giphy.gif

Glad we've dropped the central defence a little deeper as the pace was troubling us

We sometimes look a little square at the back

Hopefully the tempo returns in the second half

But I'd take 2-0 :-D

Great first half. People moaning about Arfield etc giving ball away, you know the other team are allowed to defend, its kind off their job to try and get the ball. Not every pass will result in a goal.

That being said, Alfie whilst doing the ugly work well, has prob been our least effective player on the ball today. Give him another 10-15 minutes and I would like to see Roofe go in there with Hagi coming on to provide those killer balls.

If we can get Alfie back to his best (I know) then we will genuinely be unstoppable. Kent and Roofe (in particular), their movement is on a different level from Scottish Football.
When Alfie was at his “best” everything was geared around him. He won’t be that player again in the current team & style.

Aberdeen brought their A game today which amounts to little more than kick and rush. They simply cant live with us our movement from the front three is fantastic. Alfie is their focus and we're using it well to open up space around his movement. He's tried to be too nice with two or three passes today which Aberdeen have managed to pick up in the midfield but other than that Aberdeen have no idea what to do about our movement from back to front. We've even had Borna coming inside into the box for the long diagonal from Goldson. Another couple in the second half will do nicely.

That's your take from a comfortable 2 nil lead v the sheep at half time? Wow

Morelos is dragging the defenders out to him to allow roofe to make the clever runs it’s obviously a tactic by the gaffer and its working ok hes made a couple slack passes but his game is normally get in the box so lay off him ffs
You're wasting your breath mate. There are some who don't look at anything tactical.

Morelos as a false 9 has been the reason that the players behind him are scoring more.

Good 1st half.

Decent passing/movement.

Should have had a Pen.

A Roofe block stopped it being 3.

A couple of dodgy moments at the back and a little disappointed it's only 2.

Intead of abusing Morelos, I think we have to realise that the system allows for these mistakes. If he takes risks in and around their box it can lead to goals. If we ask him to play just inside their half and take similar risks then we are asking for trouble. I think ar 2-0 I would put Alfie right up top and allow roofe to drop deep and not run in behind. Wall passes for Kent and Aribo are all we need from here on in. No need for Alfie to be on the touchiness just inside their half.
Or how about our 20 million pound striker can pass the ball 10 yards not putting us under any pressure?

Back