MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
It’s mental how a referee can stand and look at an incident like that and not point to the spot. Just reminds you of what we’re up against in this league and why we’ll need ‘extra’ in order to be champions.
Yeah, it's literally inexplicable. Never needed to see the replay to know it was a stonewaller. Dreadful defending and he's got away with it.

Maybe if he got his finger out that wouldn’t be the case. He had a dreadful first half.
Won the free kick leading to second goal just as Aberdeen were putting a bit of pressure on, his passing has been off but every time he gets a pass there is defenders touch tight with his back to goal. He's doing alot of work dragging defenders around creating gaps sick of our team getting talked down constantly even when winning.

I'd stick Defoe on at half time tbh. We saw vs Hamilton the sort of thing Defoe can do with Roofe and Kent alongside him and Morelos needs to know that there's players ready to take his place.

I think Aberdeen will score today based on that first half but weve given ourselves a 2 goal cushion so should see it out. Think we're missing Kamara in the midfield. Risky business starting Arfield and Aribo alongside Jack as them two naturally want to join in around the 18 yard box leaving us vulnerable on the turnover.

Happy enough, pretty comfortable. Finish them off 2nd half and move on.

EnbcbbqW4AU6zmg
Boydy’s been in sensational form this season :))

Morelos isn't the only one misplacing passes. Only one getting whinged at for doing it though.
At the end of the half, he messed up a 2 or 3 yard pass and Aberdeen got a dangerous free kick as a result.

Before that, he attempted a diagonal with an Aberdeen player right infront of him, that resulted in a counter attack and a shot at goal.

If we are going to act like Morelos is being unfairly criticised, please pick a different justification for that because nobody else is making the same mistakes he is.

Morelos. A shadow of his former self and has been for almost a year.

Midfield lacking the class, calmness and composure that normally comes from Kamara and/or Davis. Arfield losing far too much possession, as usual, and his positional play is lacking.

We're doing ok, but definitely areas of improvement required.
Arfield's positional play is outstanding. He sits between their lines and finds pockets of space which cause others to move out of position to pick him up, making space for others to exploit.

Morelos did cause 2 counter attacks but he’s a large reason for how well we’re playing with his dropping deep, dragging defenders and making space

we should have gone for the jugular that first half we have been by far the better team that half and at 3-0 that would be it and we’d be looking at adding to the scoreline when the opportunity arrives. Comfortable first half though.
Took the foot off the gas the last ten minutes. Knocked the ball about rather than try to get a killer 3rd goal.

morelos is doing exactly the same game plan that won the tie up at Shitland
when he was instrumental in the winning goal

couple of slack touches yes
but so have others on a scale of a heavy Roofe pass losing a chance for Arfield to Balogun sleeping a couple of times

we are playing well without being in overdrive

Its genuinely ridiculous how defensive people are over him

Nothing to do with that, I think it’s the way people hone in on a couple of slack passes out of the full first 45 and put intense focus on that. Add to that on a couple of those chances the ball still has to travel most of the length of the pitch before they get a chance so we should be intercepting before that.

Yeah he needs to tighten up his play significantly, but if the chance that came from Balogun misjudging the flight of the ball had lead to a goal you can bet your arse that would have been ignored and it would have been a case of piling into Morelos for losing the ball 90-100 yards from our own goal.

Have you been watching his linkup and holding up play there? He’s a bigger asset to this team now, the focus he gets from defenders gives the space for a start.

Lay off, we are 2-0 up and cruising and you pick that out? Enjoy the positives?
I dont think we're watching the same game mate, he's not looking sharp at all and giving the ball away. I hope he's better second half but his hold up.play has been poor other than when he won a couple of free kicks. For a 20 million pound striker I expect more and he's capable of more.

You can criticise Morelos and still enjoy the team performance as we have been excellent.

I'd stick Defoe on at half time tbh. We saw vs Hamilton the sort of thing Defoe can do with Roofe and Kent alongside him and Morelos needs to know that there's players ready to take his place.

I think Aberdeen will score today based on that first half but weve given ourselves a 2 goal cushion so should see it out. Think we're missing Kamara in the midfield. Risky business starting Arfield and Aribo alongside Jack as them two naturally want to join in around the 18 yard box leaving us vulnerable on the turnover.

Happy enough, pretty comfortable. Finish them off 2nd half and move on.

I reckon alfie is doing exactly what the coaching team want him to do

Need the third, should have had the penalty which would prob have given us it. Aberdeen have looked dangerous on the counter and still too early to be getting ahead of ourselves. Need this to not be a repeat of Pittodrie last December where we looked unbeatable at half time.

The boy hedges is causing problems with his runs because we aren't playing with two holding midfielders, I can see Kamara coming on at some point

I can’t believe what I’m reading here.
You are reading an assessment of the game so far and a couple of areas where there is room for improvement. Or was it absolutely perfect with absolutely perfection in every position?

As I say, we are doing well but I am sure the manager will also be pointing out areas where we can improve.

Hardly controversial.

Yeah, it's literally inexplicable. Never needed to see the replay to know it was a stonewaller. Dreadful defending and he's got away with it.
The worst thing about it is how routine and normal this feels now. It’s the sort of incident that if it were to go against the scum, would have them bullying referees and the FA into an apology or demotion.

Nothing to do with that, I think it’s the way people hone in on a couple of slack passes out of the full first 45 and put intense focus on that. Add to that on a couple of those chances the ball still has to travel most of the length of the pitch before they get a chance so we should be intercepting before that.

Yeah he needs to tighten up his play significantly, but if the chance that came from Balogun misjudging the flight of the ball had lead to a goal you can bet your arse that would have been ignored and it would have been a case of piling into Morelos for losing the ball 90-100 yards from our own goal.
Agree with this entirely. It's not been Alfie's best game but he's dragging defenders out of position and creating space for others - we're also winning comfortably at half time against one of our tougher opponents and we've played some great stuff at times.

I think some folk will moan if we aren't winning 8 nil every week

Only player not to get pass marks first half was Balagun for me. The rest played well Tav was fantastic the movement of our front players is pulling them all over the shop.

Roofe is a very strong player with power in his boots!
Kent is magic!
Need to be aware of Dolly breakaways!
Hedges is a good player!
No surrender Rangers, game management 2nd half with fresh legs on 60 in preparation for Benfica!
4-0 bet on! £65 back!

a point on the penalty claim

if it was 0-0 its never given & just 1 up, its never going to be given to give us the cushion

well up with a little time to play - its given
50/50 or the ball played then you can argue that but he kicked his leg away, stonewall penalty and what you say shouldn't even come into it.

it's great to say that Morelos' movement is causing problems and that means he's playing well but there's players on the bench that could do that without giving Aberdeen 3 chances to counter attack in 45 minutes.

Back