Next up Benfica.

Coza

So Benfica at home next up. We are unbeaten all season but based on the first 20 minutes versus them in Portugal before the red card this will be a very tough game. Probably our hardest game this year so far.

A win is worth €480k and would mean qualification. Would also be brilliant for the momentum of this team. But I would take a point right now. Keep the momentum going and skelp Liege at home to seal qualification.

It will certainly be a tough game, they are the best team we have played this season but we can do it, especially at home.

Would be a huge bonus to get qualification confirmed, gives us a bit more flexibility and allows us to really focus on the league

So Benfica at home next up. We are unbeaten all season but based on the first 20 minutes versus them in Portugal before the red card this will be a very tough game. Probably our hardest game this year so far.

A win is worth €480k and would mean qualification. Would also be brilliant for the momentum of this team. But I would take a point right now. Keep the momentum going and skelp Liege at home to seal qualification.
A win doesn’t mean qualification. If Poznan beat Liege, both Benfica and Poznan could finish on more than 10 points. But if Liege win and we win we are through.

It’s a really tough ask, they are a top team with some serious investment.

Hopefully the players see it as a chance to show how good they are and to not get too down should we get a negative result.

Laser like focus on the league must be the ultimate aim.

I thought we were in the game 5/10 mins prior to the red card. They started very quick for the first 5-10 minutes, but we will do th exact same on Thursday.

Will be a real end to end, attacking game.

3-2 Rangers

Bookies have us as favourite already. Think it will be shared watch but if they play as a unit then the job will be done.

A win doesn’t mean qualification. If Poznan beat Liege, both Benfica and Poznan could finish on more than 10 points. But if Liege win and we win we are through.
Benfica and Poznan have another game against each other. If we beat Benfica they can't both get more that 10 points.

Last edited:
Nonsense!! Leverkusen were a far superior team to Benfica. We have good news & bad news for Thursday, good news, Darwin Nunez is COVIOD-ED out their team, bad news, Otamendi is suspended so they might get a decent defender in rather than the Argentinian Shane Duffy.
If you put 'make no mistake' before your point on here then it's fact.

It’s a tough game but an exciting one too. We have a lot to play for and we will get opportunities.

Defence is the key, if we can keep it tight then I think we will come out of the game with something.

Definitely a tough game against a quality outfit, but given our form one we should be relishing and approaching with confidence.

We’re in great shape at the moment , this team is built on hard work , that’s how we’ll approach this game. Obviously it’s a step up from domestic football , but we seem to handle it well enough.

Looking forward to it !

Benfica have no chance against Rangers

Benfica and Poznan have another game against each other. If we beat Benfica they can't both get more that 10 points.
If we beat Benfica and lose the last 2 we finish on 10.

If Benfica draw with Lech then beat SL they have 11.

If Lech beat SL, draw with Benfica and beat us by 2 they finish on 10 and beat us on H2H.

All unlikely I know.

A real tough game but a win would be great. Would take the pressure off in the last couple of group games and keep our momentum going.

Keep it tight for the first twenty mins. don't do anything stupid, get the measure of them and we'll win.

1-0 us. (Kent).

I think our guys will have learned a lot from that first game and will have a better understanding of how to deal with some of the threats.
It looks pretty certain that Balogun will start as the lack of pace of Filip Helander was a weakness.

Back