It means nothing at the moment.

That’s the message from the Gaffer and the player. And that’s the way it should be. Stay focused and charge on.
Couldn’t be more correct.

There’s still a long way to go this season, leads like this have been given up many times before.

Having said that, we are in the best position we’ve been in for a long time and so far seem to be maintaining momentum.

Another routine win in Gerrard's eyes, long way to go, will remain calm, feet on the ground and one game at a time.

We are in a great place. Creating, scoring, clean sheets, playing well, winning.

Long may it continue. There is definitely a different mentality withing our squad.

League on hold for a few weeks, we focus on cup games next (domestically and European).

Another superb weekend.

He is right as are the players

It have been nice to watch but no different to the last couple of seasons at this point

what matters is what happens in January onwards

That’s the message from the Gaffer and the players. And that’s the way it should be. Stay focused and charge on.
Very true, but I am literally running into work on Monday mornings and a fair few Fridays just now. Weekend domestic woes of our greatest rivals, coupled with their embarrassments in Europe, with us putting teams to the sword anywhere and everywhere make life in a what has been a dark year just that bit sweeter.

He's right. We are still playing on fine margins. I dont quite understand the paper talk and hysterics from the poets on the phone in that the league is over.
They win the games in hand its only 5 points in it with loads of games to go. We need to keep the focus and keep winning. A lot of away fixtures coming up over the next month as well.

Trying my best to hold in my excitement here to be honest OP

giphy-downsized.gif

To quote Shelley : Nothing wilts quicker than laurels rested upon.

SG will have Rangers focused every time they take the field.

You can see the changes with the total squad.

In the here and now versus every opponent.

we've had years of scar tissue, we keep going game by game. No need to get ahead of ourselves at all because we know what can happen if that happens

we've had a fantastic start but we need to keep it up and finish off the job

Of course not. We haven't won anything yet. We are however allowed to enjoy it and above anything, dream. We've been through he'll and false dawns, I personally am enjoying us playing great football and having a great squad of players ready to battle.

To be honest its what I would expect from the manager. No slacking at all and I agree its good to hear it coming from the players.

We were brilliant 1st half of last season, however this season we've upped it by another good few levels whilst the tims have fallen backwards.

Still way too early to get excited, but it just feels different this time.
Last season we were almost totally dependent on Alfie for goals and when he went off the boil after the Winter break we suffered badly . This season it is totally different ,Alfie isn't even certain of a starting place and in the last two games we have scored twelve goals and Alfie hasn't scored once. This is not a criticism of Alfie for I thought that he was superb against Benfica , it is just to highlight how much stronger than we are from last season

He is absolutely right - we are in a fantastic position and playing well. We shouldn't bank on it just yet as things can still change.

That said, we'll enjoy these wins and then focus on the next one.

I’m still trying to contain my optimism considering what’s happened the last two seasons after January

Those fuckers will go on a run and their games through Christmas look easier than ours do

However this feels different

We were so reliant on Morelos the last 2 seasons and when he didn’t turn up we didn’t win games

We’re getting goals all over the pitch and we have won games comfortably while nowhere near our best

Long way to go

We will take it one game at a time and rightly so. Take nothing for granted and if we keep churning out the results the rest will take care of itself. Onwards and upwards.

True. But we are fans and are allowed to enjoy every moment
Means nothing. But it's a great feeling to enjoy. Just keep going. That's the message for players and fans. Pile it on and get to the finish line. Sometimes feels not real because we're playing so well and putting teams to the sword. We'll done so far but but never give anyone a breath.

staying focused and a game at a time is the correct mentality and it's exactly what we expect the gaffer and players to be saying and doing each week.
Have to say I'm enjoying the way it's going so far,and trying not to get to far ahead of myself at the moment.
There's a long way to go,but I have a good feeling about this season.

As impressive as we are looking right now, there’s still a long way to go.

How will we cope after Xmas when tiredness begins to creep into certain players games, others pick up injuries and suspensions and others still see their form dip.

Do we have the strength in depth to deal with that this season?

It certainly looks and indeed feels better this time around, but we should still be wary of the lessons of the past couple of years.

Totally correct from the players and management team. They need to remain focused and treat each game as it comes. Win the next game, analyse it, put it behind us and move onto the next one again.

We, the fans, are however permitted to enjoy the ride.

We are allowed to cheer when the first goal goes in, to start getting excited at the second and at the third to relax, think "this games done", and enjoy the rest of the game - we don't need to wait until approaching the 90 minute mark to rejoice in our performance for fear it may come back and bite us on the butt.

Although perhaps thats why Ibrox is so quiet at times even when we are winning :D

Yes teams have lost commanding leads before both in individual games and in championships. It happens and if you get overly excited when you are in front then, yes, you can end up looking a bit foolish but it's all part of the highs and lows of the game.

We should enjoy each victory and celebrate it for what it is. Each victory is another step on the road to 55 and should be celebrated as such and, when we clinch 55, then we have the mother of all celebrations.

In the meantime - enjoy the ride :)

Back