Fixture Observation

Madjid Moments

Just had a look at the fixture run through to January.

The big thing that jumped out to me is that we either play first or at the same time as them. As well as us having a weekend when we play and they don’t due to cup final.

This is the month to put pressure on them continually and try to break them. If we keep winning they know they are going out just trying to up.

5th Dec -
Ross County v Rangers 12pm
Celtic v St Johnstone 3pm

12th Dec -
Dundee Utd v Rangers 12pm
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -
Rangers v Motherwell 12pm
They play in cup final v Hearts

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Rangers v Hibs 12:30pm
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm

We should, playing like this, win all of them. December and if you add in January’s fixtures for us will really determine if we can go on and win it. With league cup semi finals on jan 23rd we have them followed by 3 consecutive away games at Aberdeen Motherwell and Hibs.

There is not one fixture between now and then we should be dropping any points the more difficult games are at home and the way we have been using the squad and the depth of it we should be taking maximum points

Last edited:
With no fans in attendance, the concept of historical tricky grounds to go to doesn’t exist and we have more than enough to win all those games with some to spare. It’s also a run of fixtures I don’t expect to drop further points in but still leaves us looking at a brilliant situation going into the OF game on the 2nd January

The big thing that jumped out to me is that we either play first or at the same time as them. As well as us having a weekend when we play and they don’t due to cup final.

This is the month to put pressure on them continually and try to break them. If we keep winning they know they are going out just trying to up.

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
Wow , they couldn’t have hand picked an easier run of fixtures in the run up to christmas . 4 home games from 5 ? SPL computer again ffs

A lot of games up until the new year but we really need to keep the run going as some tough games the first 6 weeks of 2021.

They won’t drop any points before they plus us on January 2nd where as we have a couple of tricky away games off the back of Europe.
January is massive for us also because even looking at the tramps fixtures up until the split they won’t face too many difficult games out with the old firm and trip to Rugby Park.
I honestly believe it’s going to be a lot tighter than some people think and might be another last day title decider.
The 5 point gap we have just now could be massive come May!

With no fans in attendance, the concept of historical tricky grounds to go to doesn’t exist and we have more than enough to win all those games with some to spare. It’s also a run of fixtures I don’t expect to drop further points in but still leaves us looking at a brilliant situation going into the OF game on the 2nd January
One thing we also struggle with in January/February is the pitch being a mess. E.g. last season Hearts and St Johnstone both trained on their parks the day before deliberately trying to chop it up.

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
Rangers v Motherwell is at 3pm no?

Win the 3 remaining old firm games and we would need to loose 5 out of 20 games to loose the league assuming Celtic win every other league game.

Looking at both ours and their fixtures I don't see many, if any points being dropped. Our hardest games are probably Scumdee away and Hibs at home, while Killie at home is their hardest game.

January will be the real test. Celtic at home then Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell away. Celtic have us, Livi and hibs at home as their hardest games. They could play their games in hand that month with Aberdeen at home and Livi away both tough games.

Cheers OP

Our focus is winning and the squad look like they are dialled in

The last time they had any pressure in the league was probably 2011 and since then we had all our shit to deal with

If we keep on winning then we will see how they respond but our focus is on the next league game and getting 3 points at Ross County

These are opportunities to put further pressure on them. We have more chance coming out of this run without dropping points than they have.

In all honesty, those fixtures for them are very simple in the main. I’d expect them to win every one of those games. Hope we do the same and it’s 14 points when we play then on the 2nd at home.

Key thing is, when we have a slip, its a one off.

It's unreasonable to expect we win every game, despite our form and definitely ability to.

But when we %^*& it up and draw or lose. We need the right mentality to carry on after it. So far so good in that respect, but it needs to carry on.

Were getting closer and closer to where their next slip kills them.

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
Thanks for posting OP. As you say we’ve just got to keep the pressure on & win our games. We definitely have tougher fixtures than them for next 7/8 games...keep the distance we have now & stretch when they have the Cup game & I’m over the moon.

Beat them @ Ibrox on 2nd January & 55 is well & truly on its way.

The big thing that jumped out to me is that we either play first or at the same time as them. As well as us having a weekend when we play and they don’t due to cup
final.

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm

5th Dec -

12th Dec -
Celtic v Kilmarnock 3pm

19th Dec -

23rd Dec -
St Johnstone v Rangers
Celtic v Ross County
Both 7.45pm

26th Dec -
Hamilton v Celtic 3pm

30th Dec -
St Mirren V Rangers
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Both 7.45pm
We play Dundee united on the 13th
TANNADICE PARK
13 DEC 2020 - 12:00 PM
Dundee United crest
Dundee Utd
VS
Rangers crest
Rangers

Win the 3 remaining old firm games and we would need to loose 5 out of 20 games to loose the league assuming Celtic win every other league game.
giphy.gif

Good spot OP.

If we keep winning and Hearts beat them in the CF the dhims season is over. Regardless, they're celebrating 9 years of plastic victories. Their real goal in 2012 was to put us out of sight for a generation. They f..cked it and they know it. Worse still for them, it woke us up.

Let the fun times begin.

They won’t drop any points before they plus us on January 2nd where as we have a couple of tricky away games off the back of Europe.
January is massive for us also because even looking at the tramps fixtures up until the split they won’t face too many difficult games out with the old firm and trip to Rugby Park.
I honestly believe it’s going to be a lot tighter than some people think and might be another last day title decider.

There's nothing in their current form to base this prediction on.

Every fixture is massive and every fixture we should play at 100%.

Another 21 wins and we have it.

I feel this is coming across in every interview I hear from anyone in our camp

All of them repeating that leading in November means absolutely nothing.

I am 100% certain that our management team and all the players are treating every single league match as a cup final.

Just like many on here gave them 6 points from their last 2. How did that go again?

I dont expect them to drop points in those games. But at the same time both teams are capable of having an off day, meeting inspired opposition on the day, or a spot of bad luck.

I expected them to drop points v Hibs or Abereen. And they did.
I dont expect them to drop points in this next run of games. But given how they are performing, the pressure they are under, the density of fixtures, its far from a certainty

2/5 away from home then home to the beggars. 6 winnable games with the hardest for me being Tannadice in a fortnight. mentally challengeds games always take care of themselves.

The OP is correct, the next 7 games is the time to win the League.

The transfer window doesn't open until 5th January after the OF game on 2nd January, so they are stuck with that group until then, when we have played everyone twice.

They will surely be better than they have been if they freshen their squad / management in January, so we should be look to hold as big a lead/advantage as we can up until then.

Our away from is absolutely vital in the run up to the next OF game.
Just keep going as you are, Rangers.

In all honesty, those fixtures for them are very simple in the main. I’d expect them to win every one of those games. Hope we do the same and it’s 14 points when we play then on the 2nd at home.
True... but those fixtures follow Euro pumpings. They won't get a good run going and the criticism from these pumpings will get to them.

Back