Nick walsh - does he need contact lenses?

I don't know why you think putting your arms round another players neck and throwing him to the ground in the penalty box is of the soft variety of penalties..?

It is not soft and is definitely a penalty. A ref could use the excuse two of them were at it. Even if it was clearly not the case as today, But what excuse can he even dream about regarding the roofe penalty claim that was at a very decisive point in the game

Odd question to ask with the implication being it was so obvious that only a cheat wouldn't give it.

Since I'm not Nick Walsh, I've no idea. It was almost nowhere near the point that I was making.

I can only be glad that Gerrard has drastically improved the team and himself as a manager because the narrative that the refs were the only thing stopping us has been blown conclusively out the water this year - so far, at least.

so he cheated?

It really needs posted everywhere and questions asked, WHY!
It's the narrative mate, it's so far over to one side it's unreal. Folk being able to spout about us being awarded penalties that are indeed penalties yet no mention of how we should have had more. On top of that these same people are the ones not questioning dubious penalties given to their own team. We should be taking every opportunity to highlight every key decision to actually prove what goes on.

I'll add in as well that Considine I'm sure it was again pulling on Baloguns shirt after we had already had a penalty. Go back to parkhead and look at scum getting a pen and the exact same happening on Katie in the other box. Could have been a massive swing and again imo, cheating.

When we got the pen in the second half that was of the soft variety I said to my son that the ref has watched the Roofe one at half time. I don't think it's so much cheating as they are just very poor. Apart from Clancy that is.

I couldnt disagree more i dont see any poor refs in our league maybe Greg Aitken but thats about it.

And i dont quite follow the idea if it was Clancy on the pitch it would be cheating but not the others...

Its a great weekend for Rangers again but you could say if it wasnt for Madden helping them out it would have been even better. Celtic benefit a lot from these decisions and we dont it cannot be bad luck all the time, i think we underestimate how well the manager and players have done to deal with this issue.

Its an odd comment or view maybe but while i accept the league has never been weaker i still believe this years title should we win it will be up there with any others ive seen simply because in the past Rangers have not been up against such obvious bias.

I suppose ref fans did say go out and hammer teams so the ref errors(cough) dont come into and tbf thats exactly whats happening. Well done to them i would hope though we keep hammering sides though continue to be ruthless because we simply cannot trust these match officials to be fair when performances are not great and/or Celtic get themselves back into it.

So you think he just called it wrong then. ha ha

Your
a joke m8.

And where did I say that?

Your final sentence, by the way - glorious. Really lolworthy stuff.

I'm here to give enormous credit to the Rangers manager and players for not allowing themselves to be sucked into the narrative that the only thing standing in the way of success is the referees. If that was truly the case, Gerrard would have chucked it by now, purely because they'd have been nothing he could do to bring success to the club. If you want to get involved in banal conversations about penalty decisions in what was a comfortable performance indicating considerable strength and improvement in the team, go ahead. An 11 point gap would indicate serious weaknesses in the ability of the refs in stopping us.

What was 'soft' about the penalty we got?

It was as clear a penalty as the one that wasn't given, the only difference being that the game was gone by that point.
I didn't say it wasn't a penalty, I just thought it was softer than the Roofe challenge. You're more likely to get the Roofe one than the one we actually got. If he's blatantly cheating, why give us any.

You're entitled to call it as you see it mate.

Truth is, I couldn't fully argue against the point you make.

Everyone has opinions and I respect that. I said maybe the second penalty is given or not given depending on the refs interpretation. As I see penalty, Aberdeen see soft.

However

As the thread asks, what explanation can ANYONE give walsh for not giving the first claim against roofe?

Truly appalling oversight by Walsh. He clearly didn't see it as a dive as he would have booked KR. Same ref who booked Alfie for dissent at Love St for "throwing the arm" and omitted to do likewise when a St Mirren player did the same later on. But no doubt he'll get pass marks from the supervisor and he'll be back next week inflicting carnage on some other game. Believe it or not Walsh is entrusted by UEFA - he was reffing Portugal v Holland U21's last Thursday

I didn't say it wasn't a penalty, I just thought it was softer than the Roofe challenge. You're more likely to get the Roofe one than the one we actually got. If he's blatantly cheating, why give us any.

is deflection m8

at 1-0 aberdeen are still in the game. At 3-0 at game mostly done its not decisive.

Everyone has opinions and I respect that. I said maybe the second penalty is given or not given depending on the refs interpretation. As I see penalty, Aberdeen see soft.

However

As the thread asks, what explanation can ANYONE give walsh for not giving the first claim against roofe?
As I say, it was a stonewall penalty, so who knows.

I have no doubt about certain referees being biased against us and have called it out myself.

Walsh , for me, shouldn't even be refereeing at premiership level, something I have believed long before today.

He quite possibly is both incompetent and biased in equal measure.

And where did I say that?

Your final sentence, by the way - glorious. Really lolworthy stuff.

I'm here to give enormous credit to the Rangers manager and players for not allowing themselves to be sucked into the narrative that the only thing standing in the way of success is the referees. If that was truly the case, Gerrard would have chucked it by now, purely because they'd have been nothing he could do to bring success to the club. If you want to get involved in banal conversations about penalty decisions in what was a comfortable performance indicating considerable strength and improvement in the team, go ahead. An 11 point gap would indicate serious weaknesses in the ability of the refs in stopping us.

you miss it, If Refs were competent Celtic dont score in the league cup final.

Yes well done to our team and manager for creating such a gap and imo especially when their is indeed evil forces at hand.

Anyone that disagrees with my so called conspiracy thinking please tell me why Walsh never gave the roofe penalty claim. The floors all theirs to say its incompetence rather than cheating. Explain why

As has been posted plenty of times this is the time to ask questions about decisions like this when we have won and won well.I dont know why we as a club dont highlight this(never mind the shite that its not the Rangers way) there must be a reason why but for the life of me I dont understand it.Its not as if it would alienate any support for us amongst other clubs as that certainly does not happen at present.

The game wasn’t technically out of reach to Aberdeen (I know) when he ignored the first penalty claim, when he did gave the penalty the game was over as a contest, this tells you all you need to know about Walsh. Awarding us the penalty takes to spotlight off him for not giving the stonewaller.

He refereed the game against Hibs at Easter road earlier in the season where we drew thanks to an offside goal that also should have been called off earlier for a foul on Helander that he was looking straight at.

I've always had a rule that one mistake is bad refereeing, the same thing happening twice is strange but understandable, three times is a pattern.

I'd say one other thing also : at the beginning of the game, as McGregor received a pass-back and went to clear the ball, the Aberdeen guy with the headband followed on with his challenge and left the goalie on the floor. He shoulda been booked! Instead, nothing.

you miss it, If Refs were competent Celtic dont score in the league cup final.

Yes well done to our team and manager for creating such a gap and imo especially when their is indeed evil forces at hand.

Anyone that disagrees with my so called conspiracy thinking please tell me why Walsh never gave the roofe penalty claim. The floors all theirs to say its incompetence rather than cheating. Explain why

This is a really interesting response because it identifies the wrong factor, and one over which we have no control, as a leading reason for the failure to win that day.

Putting aside the fact that the referee that day not only gave us a penalty but sent off a Celtic player - ironically putting us in a better position to win the game - a forensic examination of the failure to win that puts the blame upon the officials leaves us with no scope to improve, analyse ourselves, or sign better players. What's the point of that when the refs are always against us, eh? It's the reason that Gerrard routinely fails to blame officials for lost points in as strong as terms as the fans desire - he recognises that we weren't good enough, that improvement has to be made, and that his managerial skills need to be inspected first.

Put it another way - what would have been the better response to the LCF? Gerrard to go home and throw darts at a picture of the linesman or watch the game three or four times to analyse why we failed to win the cup from a superior position? I know what I'd prefer.

That self-criticality one of the reasons that we're 11 points clear. Unbeaten. In November. Having played Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Celtic away from home. How about that, eh?

We were told time and time again that we couldn't win the league, or make strides, until the refs were dealt with. Can someone tell me why we're top of the league by such a margin, then? Have the refs been dealt with? What did we do? Because if there's a concerted effort to stop us winning the league, it isn't going very well.

Oh, to finish. I was personally delighted to see Walsh announced as the ref for today. You're unaware of this, obviously, but in the 18 games he's refereed us in, we've lost only once - that crappy 1-0 game against Hamilton earlier this year. None of our players have been red-carded in any of those games and it includes games away to Hibs, Motherwell and Livvy. I'd like to suggest that if he's a cheat, as you've clearly suggested, he's just not very good at it.

Over and out.

Or is he just another one to add to the cheat list?

Im my view and family members who are far more liberal, we were all gobsmacked at no penalty call..

How and why did he not see that as a penalty against Roofe? Can anyone offer any explanation to remove him from the same category Clancy and Robertson clearly belong in.

The Bigoted Cheating Refs.

I want to be able to say maybe he never saw it or maybe roofe dived. But I cant. And at 1-0 all I can say is he has joined the cheating refs. Maybe being overlooked by many due to the score un us in 2nd gear BUT this type of officiating is cheating and maybe becomes decisive in a tighter game.
Started a thread on this earlier , but was deleted by admin , joke tbh .

If he can't see that pen in the first half then there is two options:
1- He's bad at his job.
2- He's a cheat.

I'm towards option 1 to be honest.

He surely deserves some kind of punishment.
What's bad for us is who is coming up to replace him.

Intentionally biased, I am of the firm belief that they are so ingrained in finding fault with all things Rangers. Permanently looking for a foul by the Rangers player that they miss the obvious right in front of them. They are all exceptionally terrible officials as well.

I’ve said before he’s one of our best referees however he is a confirmed yahoo and today we saw the mask slip . He was staring right at that penalty and just point blank refused to give it . Massively unprofessional from him . On another day could have cost us .
I am going to say he is a cheat but not full on Clancy style. I think he is the best of a bad bunch but is not refereeing us to the same standards as the other teams. That would 100% have been a penalty against us.

No ref in Scoireland is immune to the pressure being put on them to give us nothing. It is cheating but it's to protect themselves.

It is definitely the narritive of the mhedia to put pressure on. What I am not so sure of is the involvement of the referee community/ SPFL. I think there will be some background advice how to ref our games but proving it will be near impossible. It is far too consistent to be mistake after mistake. I actually hate thinking it. It feels like mentally challenged behaviour but I genuinely think there is a 'way to referee' us and them and they are very, very different.

Roofe was pretty much standing still and planted yet ended up on his ass. There's only one way that can happen and that's by getting your standing foot swiped. It was as stone as a wall can get. And hes right up with play looking right at it unobstructed. It's a howler from Walsh.

But at 1 nil, with Aberdeen still in the game and the hordes watching his every decision, he knows it's not worth the aggro to give it. And therein lies the problem with Scottish football right now. Thankfully this season (so far) we have enough about us to make these incidents irrelevent.

I am going to say he is a cheat but not full on Clancy style. I think he is the best of a bad bunch but is not refereeing us to the same standards as the other teams. That would 100% have been a penalty against us.

No ref in Scoireland is immune to the pressure being put on them to give us nothing. It is cheating but it's to protect themselves.

It is definitely the narritive of the mhedia to put pressure on. What I am not so sure of is the involvement of the referee community/ SPFL. I think there will be some background advice how to ref our games but proving it will be near impossible. It is far too consistent to be mistake after mistake. I actually hate thinking it. It feels like mentally challenged behaviour but I genuinely think there is a 'way to referee' us and them and they are very, very different.
We've lost one of the 18 games he's refereed us in.

If they were just hopeless refs Lennon would have used a poor performance or even the odd strange decision to charge on the park and blame the match officials for the fact their seasons gone tits up. And if there was even one bad call against them posters on here would let us know all about it you can be sure of it.

Poor refs would be rubbish all the time not just when looking at a clear penalty to Rangers or a giving a very soft one with Celtic 2 goals down. At the very least the guys are scared thats being kind.

Be nice if the club spoke out about all the corruption at the end of the season when we are (hopefully) champions, id love it.

What was 'soft' about the penalty we got?

It was as clear a penalty as the one that wasn't given, the only difference being that the game was gone by that point.
The penalty we got happens in virtually every game
I recon one of the fourth officials team told him he had made a James hunt of it and this was his way of saying sorry

I’m going with he fucked up rather than he’s a cheat. TBH I had to wait for the replays to confirm it should have been a penalty. He was quick to award us the penalty on the 2nd half which I wouldn’t deem soft, the SRU would be proud of that tackle

@ClockworkOrange

lets agree to disagree, I say cheat you say...

a. Got the ball
b. Ref never saw
c. Roofe dived

What makes you think hes not a cheat? I have uploaded a video to help you decide.

I’m going with he fucked up rather than he’s a cheat. TBH I had to wait for the replays to confirm it should have been a penalty. He was quick to award us the penalty on the 2nd half which I wouldn’t deem soft, the SRU would be proud of that tackle

how can you fck up? what do you mean? He saw something no one else saw? He seen a dive? Please explain what he could have possibly fcked up with?

We need this highlighted NOW!

If we had dropped points we would have non stop post about this decision. It may well happen in the future due to cheats. As this is exactly what it was. CHEATING

It was a very decisive time of the game. And his decision could have influenced the outcome. Its cheating plain and simple.

Similar refereeing by Don Robertson cost us 2 points at Easter Road.

Back