Goldson and tav contracts

Absolutely, we can't allow contracts to run down as other clubs have done. Get them extended, or as unpalatable as it might be, get them sold.

Harsh.

Look at the accounts released this week.

Our most valuable assets need tied down or else sold for big profit. That’s the fact of where we are.

First of all ye dont sell two important members of the team nearly halfway in the season.

Second, we dont know if CG or Tav have been approached as to deal in new contacts so its not fact.

Goldson turns 28 next month, Tav is already 29, and Barisic was 28 last month. Everyone has seen our accounts, we need to generate more cash and these 3 players need to be sold within the next year or they will become unsellable for decent money. That's the dilemma either sell when they have value or keep them for another 4 years

Goldson turns 28 next month, Tav is already 29, and Barisic was 28 last month. Everyone has seen our accounts, we need to generate more cash and these 3 players need to be sold within the next year or they will become unsellable for decent money. That's the dilemma either sell when they have value or keep them for another 4 years
My personal thoughts are, keep them (tav and goldson) as long as we can and sell others like borna Alfie kamara etc. We don’t need to sell every good player. Especially when there’s a real chance we will be playing CL football next season

Not every player needs to have a sold to sign put on them. Success is part of football. Tav and or Goldson might be worth more to us now in terms of keeping rather than selling. What price would you put on a league title this season? Or qualifying for the Champions League group stages next season? Both might be key to that goal.

The OP has a point and at no point did he say sell in January

We don’t have to sell in January but if they don’t extend contracts we would need to try and offload and recoup money on Goldson next summer

Tav only cost £200k but we really need to have a plan and I’m sure Ross Wilson will be working on it behind the scenes

The plan must be to cash in and not let them leave the following season on free transfers

My own view is we should sell Borna in the summer, the Captain stays and there are 5 other centre backs at the club that I would sell before C.G. but you can only sell when someone is willing to buy. I'd imagine Ross Wilson has a minimum value for all players that we are willing to accept, you only need to look how the club refused to sell Alfie for less than our valuation

Both could be capped for england no problem. Goldson is better than that big waste of space macguire. Its a shame it wouldnt happen because they dont play in england

All players mentioned, despite their age, are majorly contributing to us returning to where we should be.

They should be rewarded for that sooner or later and build on what we are creating.

Tav is worth more to us than what we would get for him.

Goldson will go next summer I reckon for another crack at the premiership.

Think it's inevitable that we will need to make a £10m plus sale next summer even with CL football on the horizon we should use part of these funds to tie up our better players.

Hopefully we use the Bosman market more come January as well and save substantial funds in the summer. I think the days of £10 million summer spends might be over short-term for both us and the yahoos once the effects of covid are felt fully next year.

If we can win the league, qualify for the CL and get our accounts in the black inside the next two years the board deserve huge credit.

The OP has a point and at no point did he say sell in January

We don’t have to sell in January but if they don’t extend contracts we would need to try and offload and recoup money on Goldson next summer

Tav only cost £200k but we really need to have a plan and I’m sure Ross Wilson will be working on it behind the scenes

The plan must be to cash in and not let them leave the following season on free transfers
This is what I was getting at. They're both well worth extensions and hopefully will sign them, but if that doesn't happen it would be catastrophic to have them both leave for nothing under FOC.

I’ve said it before about Goldson I don’t think he’ll get a new deal

I think he’ll run his current deal down, leave on a Bosman and get another crack at the Premier League

If you remember it wasn’t a straight forward transfer to get him here, it was on and off a few times before he eventually signed

He’ll be up there with Morelos as on the top 2 or 3 earners at the club and I just wonder in order to get him here we agreed not to stand in his way when it came to going back down south

I honestly hope Tav retires with us, I imagine he will want a crack at the Prem but I love the lady's front bottom too much.

Tav is worth more to us than what we would get for him.

Goldson will go next summer I reckon for another crack at the premiership.

As you say Tav is almost priceless to us, so much of everything good we do goes through him, his attacking prowess is irreplaceable. He would be a massive loss if sold, you do not find what he brings easily.....we lucked out when buying him, ge is IMHO the most important player in our squad.

How many will want to leave though when we will have champions league football next season?

If a move to the all comes into the scenario then it more than makes up for it. Your playing 4 champions league teams home and away anyway. Tav was close to leaving a few years ago and wanted too. That's from a very very close family member. I don't know tav or goldsons personal finances but at the age they are they have one big contract left.

There English so obv they would have dreamed of epl football growing up. At there age leaving us to go to the championship thinking if they do well they will get a move to epl isn't likely. Not impossible though but they would probably get a better offer money wise than us. And like I said I don't know there finances but that could dictate them going to the championship. Money would be the only thing they move there for though nothing else. If a epl club is interested then I think there off. As would any of us in there position tbh.

I would be surprised if Goldson hasn't been offered a new contracf by now.

Possible that he plans on going back to England after this season?

If Tav ,Goldson or any of our other players are thinking about a move down south, itll be purely for money. Nobody in our squad will move to a bigger club than us, they'll also be unlikely to compete for trophies down south , europe is a possibility as the epl are allocated a lot of places. I'd hate to see any of them end up at the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Everton etc.

First of all ye dont sell two important members of the team nearly halfway in the season.

Second, we dont know if CG or Tav have been approached as to deal in new contacts so its not fact.
I dont think he was saying sell them in January, but is correct in saying we cannot let contracts run down on our top players. You are also correct saying we dont know if the club have approached them or not, but ffs, it's a fans forum for discussing things like this.

We should try and get them signed up as quickly as possible. They are both high earners, so getting them to sign new deals within our budget might be difficult. I think offering them a small wage bump and giving them a realistic release clause might induce them to sign. 10-15 million release clause for both. It's not a great amount but we'd be lucky to get 10 million for a 28/29 year old with 12 months left.

Not every player has to be signed to be sold on for big profit, some are signed to be long term club players. Tav I feel is one of those. Considering his numbers and age, I hope we can convince him to sign long term and see out his career here.
We wouldn't get a massive fee regardless of his numbers in the summer, due to his age and contract length. As our captain, along with his dressing room presence and numbers we'd be hard pressed to replace him. Tav's value to our club is more, than what we would get in a transfer fee.
Complete conjecture but I feel after everything he has been through here, he'd love a crack at the champions league and get a few trophies under his belt.

Back