Boris Johnson expected to outline return of fans to sports events today

There's no good reason to not have some fans inside huge open air stadiums. I get that people have said bottlenecks getting in but people are that desperate to return that if you told them they had to turn up in 15 minute intervals for hours beforehand they would.

So some teams get to have the backing of some fans - and others don't. Depending on what Tier they are in. Be great to have some fans back, any number, but that seems a bit imbalanced in some ways.

Also, no indication there of stadium sizes. 4k in a 10k capacity ground is a whole lot different to 4k in a 60k capacity ground for example - from both the atmosphere point of view and the social distancing point of view.

I'm obviously talking England here, not Scotland. As will be Boris.

There's no good reason to not have some fans inside huge open air stadiums. I get that people have said bottlenecks getting in but people are that desperate to return that if you told them they had to turn up in 15 minute intervals for hours beforehand they would.
You've much more faith in 'people' adhering to any advice/rules than I have mate. Have you been walking around with your eyes shut?:)

I’d have thought that if anything her supporters will WANT this, especially the celic minded who feel we have an advantage with no fans in grounds

So for Scotland to follow this kind of approach it would likely be:

4,000 Tier One
2,000 Tier Two
Zero Tier Three/Four

Considering the vast majority of the country is in Tier 3 or 4, then there would be no change in our part.

Our Premier League

Rangers, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Livingston, St Mirren, Hamilton - Tier 4
Hibernian, Dundee United, St Johnstone - Tier 3
Aberdeen - Tier 2
Ross County - Tier 1

The only two teams who would be allowed fans in would be Aberdeen and Ross County.

Last edited:
BRITS will be able to see football live from December 2 onwards as the PM plans a relaxation of the sport rules for Christmas.

This will be after Jan 2nd in Scotland.
Sturgeons 19th Century Terrorist army and media will see to it.

Fingers crossed can get a game at the Abbey Stadium this year.

Regardless of England only - this will put the pressure on Nippy to follow asap - otherwise it makes Scotland look backwards.

Means f*ck all to us until we're in tier 1 or 2, which is unlikely to be any time soon.

JUST GEEZ THE FUCKING VACCINE

So some teams get to have the backing of some fans - and others don't. Depending on what Tier they are in. Be great to have some fans back, any number, but that seems a bit imbalanced in some ways.

Also, no indication there of stadium sizes. 4k in a 10k capacity ground is a whole lot different to 4k in a 60k capacity ground for example - from both the atmosphere point of view and the social distancing point of view.

I'm obviously talking England here, not Scotland. As will be Boris.
Well in Europe some teams have fans and others don’t. Nature of the beast

You've much more faith in 'people' adhering to any advice/rules than I have mate. Have you been walking around with your eyes shut?:)
No, and from what I see most people are adhering to the rules. In fact apart from the school kids at dinner time, I hardly see anybody breaking the rules.

Scotland Tier system allows fans

Both Ross County and Inverness have had fans recently 300 each game as Tier 1

All being well and the team's game at a time approach culminates in success I am dreaming of being part of a full house at Ibrox for our final home game, trophy presentation and the players, management and staff receiving the accolade of the crowd.

With the vaccine news and England moving quickly to re-establish a few thousand at games in early December am I being over-optimistic?

I said in another thread, imagine the meltdown in here if we are allowed 4,000 in and we go on to win the league?! Deary me, the conspiracy theories for who ends up getting tickets will make the Madeline McCann thread seem sane!

Fingers crossed these vaccines are all approved and come May we will have 50,000 in to watch us lift title 55.

BRITS will be able to see football live from December 2 onwards as the PM plans a relaxation of the sport rules for Christmas.

This will be after Jan 2nd in Scotland.
Sturgeons 19th Century Terrorist army and media will see to it.
You can bet your boots we will be full lockdown in January country-wide up here. Try after Feb 1st.

Must admit I thought the lockdown finished on December 2nd, seems it finishes on December 1st.

If the vaccine final approval gets the go ahead and the roll out is successful we could see bigger Ibrox crowds nearer the end of the season

Imagine getting back to Ibrox for a title run in !!

If the vaccine final approval gets the go ahead and the roll out is successful we could see bigger Ibrox crowds nearer the end of the season

Imagine getting back to Ibrox for a title run in !!
i like your faith but i think we will start a fresh in july

Is it just me that wants BCD to continue?

1. We are playing more than fine
2. Celtic seem to be missing the crowd
3. Celtic feel the impact of fans more financially (the boat has sailed for us to sell euro tickets)
4. Any short fall in match day revenue will be met by DP and co, where as DD of Celtic only takes money out therefore eats into cash reserves.

Back