Adel Taarabt tests positive for covid 19

Midfielder Adel Taarabt is the latest case of infection by covid-19 in the Benfica squad.

The Moroccan player, who is since Friday in Portugal after representing his team, had a positive test, thus joining the German Julian Weigl and the Uruguayan Darwin Núñez, who have been away from the team since last week for the same reason.

In this sense, Taarabt is another casualty for the next games of the incarnates. The next match is already Thursday with Rangers, in Scotland, for which Jorge Jesus will not have the three infected with covid-19, in addition to the injured André Almeida, Todibo, Nuno Tavares and Pedrinho.

Otamendi,good player as well.
Not a phrase you usually associate with him, I have to say. For a defender with a “name”, he doesn’t half come across as a bombshell in the making.

I’ve no doubt that Benfica will still be able to put out a very competitive team so take nothing for granted but any enforced change from their planned starting 11 can’t be a negative.

I said after the first game, Porto were a better team than they were, sure we struggled in the first 10 mins but after that we settled and got otamedi sent off through clear instructions. We clearly targeted him. Them without Nunez does not worry me at all. I reckon we will win 2-0/1, even if they aren’t as good as Porto they still pose a threat but we have more about us to win imo. A win puts us in good stead to come 1st in this group.

Reactions: TQ3
Further weakens them which is good. I presume Otamendi is suspended too? They will still present a formidable challenge. Pizzi will be their biggest danger i think. Looked terrific until they had to sub him at 10 men. But no reason we can't get 3 huge points in the form we are in.

He's been training with their squad all week, so I doubt he'll be the last one ruled out.

However, I do hope we avoid picking it up from some of their players that haven't shown symptoms yet, but test positive in the few days after the game.

They think it’s boardroom level, but it’s biblical level.

Our investment from the Far East includes a man made virus courtesy of the Chinese Government. They knew our players would dodge the virus as it only affects those who don't adhere to basic hygiene standards.

He's been training with their squad all week, so I doubt he'll be the last one ruled out.

However, I do hope we avoid picking it up from some of their players that haven't shown symptoms yet, but test positive in the few days after the game.

Surely some of their squad will have to isolate if that's the case. I can imagine he's got his close pals and they've all been hanging out together.

Ok.... send this team to play the last game :))

Firth
Patterson Edmundson Bassey
Barjonas Zungu Stewart Barker
Jones Itten Middleton

......they can play whatever position they want. Kevin Thompson can be our man on the dug-out.
There's a few of them not registered either! :-D

Back