Diego Maradona has died

Seriously 2020 has just been fucking horrendous. My favorite player of all time. He was just unbelievable and absolutely mental.

Like Zidane, the ball was basically glued to his foot.

Gutted.

My hero as a kid . Only wish I could have seen more of him as foreign football wasn’t on tv as much
RIP Diego

Sad but not surprised at the drug references rather than the world cup winner, FIFA player of the Century, singlehandedly winning the Serie A with Napoli
Argentina had a decent side in 86 at Mexico but without him they wouldn't have won it.

Still remember getting a pair of Puma King and playing for the BB imagining I was him.

Only 60.
They say one man doesn't make a team,well this man won a World Cup on his own. The greatest player in my lifetime

The Maradona doc is by far the best football documentary I've ever seen. What a player.
I got a Napoli retro shirt last Xmas from the Mrs. I may add another in the list.
Rip Diego

The Maradona doc is by far the best football documentary I've ever seen. What a player.
I got a Napoli retro shirt last Xmas from the Mrs. I may add another in the list.
Rip Diego
The 86 world cup documentary Hero narrated by Michael Caine is phenomenal. One of the games they had a camera focused on just Maradona and some of the treatment he received was shocking.

Sad news. He and Cruyff were the greatest, the absolute pinoeers in the modern attacking football we see now. Pure footballers, pure entertainers.

I found myself fascinated with Maradona the last few years, he had a wild life, lived a life some of us wouldn’t get anywhere near, as well as playing football the right way.

RIP to a proper legend.

Too young to have seen him play but love watching old videos of him. That warm up video has started floating around Twitter now.

Back