Goldson's brace v Celtic

Kris1872

Official Ticketer
Just thinking about our fantastic centre half and his double at the piggery. Has there been any other defender that's scored 2 goals in an old firm game?

There is probably a really obvious one I have forgotten but cant think of any others.

Just thinking about our fantastic centre half and his double at the piggery. Has there been any other defender that's scored 2 goals in an old firm game?

There is probably a really obvious one I have forgotten but cant think of any others.
Goldsons two goals I’ve never put a bet on, on my life, however I just wonder what odds you would have got on him for that score, I would have imagined they would have been similar to Leicester winning the EPL?

Aye, Bo Andersen at the front there

MV5BMjJkNTdlNjAtZTA4MC00MzExLWE0MGMtZjFkZGE3NWIwOTNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR107,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Not sure, but Gough springs to mind for some reason. Might be mistaken.
I'd need to check this out.

Not sure, but Gough springs to mind for some reason. Might be mistaken.
I'd need to check this out.

I think he had back to back singles?

96/97?

Header at the Copland with the raising the roof celebration, then a beautiful side foot finish in front of the mentally challengeds at Ibrox?

Can't recall any others with a brace but Gough got his share against them and Amoruso and Ehiogu also got goals.

Sandy Jardine scored a few against them, but don't think he ever got 2 in the same game.

Goldsons two goals I’ve never put a bet on, on my life, however I just wonder what odds you would have got on him for that score, I would have imagined they would have been similar to Leicester winning the EPL?
I had Goldson FGS and 3-0 on. 175/1(just checked).

Nothing dampened my mood that day but another goal would have been the icing on the cake.

Had a look back as far as first world war and couldn't find any (didn't check war years). Cammy Fraser got a brace (in the 4-4 game) but he wasn't playing in defence at that time.

Amoruso came mighty close when he scored a free kick then hit the post from about 35 yards

Odds on Goldson getting two would have been no where near the 5000/1 Leicester started at that season.

Defenders score quite regularly from set pieces, so I'd imagine for him to get a brace would have been somewhere in the 150 - 200/1 range.

Richard Gough..2 headers many moons ago I think?

Odds on Goldson getting two would have been no where near the 5000/1 Leicester started at that season.

Defenders score quite regularly from set pieces, so I'd imagine for him to get a brace would have been somewhere in the 150 - 200/1 range.
My father was a bookie! and I’ve never gambled in my life, that’s why I haven’t a clue on odds!

Did Paul Elliott not score an own goal and then heroically make up for it by scoring at the right end after having bananas thrown at him in that Old Firm match he 100% made up to suit his story/agenda?

Back