Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Apart from that none sense i thought Thomas was very good at winding them up.
The 1st part of his call he seemed to be trying just a wee bit too hard to show respect to that lot as if in an attempt to prove he was a level headed, fair Rangers supporter. The 2nd part, when they went back to him having given Slug & Burke their say, possibly, yes, I'd agree.

Just listened to it now.

What is wrong with Chris Burke seriously? What is a hump in a hill.

He was asked a straight forward question, u have played against both do u see a difference ( well yi zeeee a hink itz cauzzzzz selik huv been unlucky way zi Covid an itz jus been pure unlucky )

I never liked Burke even when he played for us ( just never took to him and felt he was a bit of a shit bag ) but see now, I would rather sit and have a pint with Ricky Foster that this idiot

There was a documentary about Rangers youth academy about 15 or more years ago on the BBC when McLeish was the manager. I remember Burke coming through and his father on it. He said he was a Celtic fan but supported his son first, so he comes from their background, he wasn’t with us too long so I’m not surprised by what I’m reading about him here. We’ve had Rangers players who’ve been supporters give it worse!
Almost 10 years

Which Europe the first pumping or the second?
Hannah talks absolute rubbish, Delia was sacked even though he was winning them titles and trophy's, Rodgers was brought in to improve them in Europe and he failed also to do it.

I remember years ago a quote from a journo when we were racking up the league titles during our nine in a row, said it's ok racking up league titles, but it's what you do in Europe what counts. Strange that said journo or anyone else has never questioned why they haven't improved in Europe after racking up all their league titles,seems it's only important when it's Rangers.

Celtc have absolutely no ambition and i'll tell you why, over the last few years they have dominated Scottish football and flopped in Europe, most clubs would be looking at why they keep failing and trying to improve for the next attempt, not the mankies, they are only interested in getting to the groups where the big money is and even finishing third let's them slip into the Europa league.

They have no ambition because they refuse to spend big on players who could possibly get them into the group stages,that costs big bucks and even bigger wages,you have to speculate to accumulate and that's their failing,they don't want to spend money and hope they get easy qualifying draws to reap the rewards,that's why they never spent big while Rangers were in the lower divisions,because they didn't have to as there was no competition,but they still failed in Europe,they never spent big when Rangers came back upto the top tier because they knew they had a much better squad and didn't have to bring in better quality,but they still failed in Europe.

I'm kind of glad they still have the arrogance of thinking they don't have to spend big, because if they did they would be over the hill and far away and probably bringing in £30m per season extra every year and we just couldn't compete financially with that.

Instead they never tire of telling anyone who'll listen they have the best squad and best players,but they still fail in Europe,they can't afford to spend big bucks just looking at their massive wage bill and if anything they will have to sell a player or two rather than pretend they have huge amounts of money, that's why they sold biscuit hips to balance the books for again,failure in Europe.

Hannah talks absolute rubbish, Delia was sacked even though he was winning them titles and trophy's, Rodgers was brought in to improve them in Europe and he failed also to do it.

I remember years ago a quote from a journo when we were racking up the league titles during our nine in a row, said it's ok racking up league titles, but it's what you do in Europe what counts. Strange that said journo or anyone else has never questioned why they haven't improved in Europe after racking up all their league titles,seems it's only important when it's Rangers.

Celtc have absolutely no ambition and i'll tell you why, over the last few years they have dominated Scottish football and flopped in Europe, most clubs would be looking at why they keep failing and trying to improve for the next attempt, not the mankies, they are only interested in getting to the groups where the big money is and even finishing third let's them slip into the Europa league.

They have no ambition because they refuse to spend big on players who could possibly get them into the group stages,that costs big bucks and even bigger wages,you have to speculate to accumulate and that's their failing,they don't want to spend money and hope they get easy qualifying draws to reap the rewards,that's why they never spent big while Rangers were in the lower divisions,because they didn't have to as there was no competition,but they still failed in Europe,they never spent big when Rangers came back upto the top tier because they knew they had a much better squad and didn't have to bring in better quality,but they still failed in Europe.

I'm kind of glad they still have the arrogance of thinking they don't have to spend big, because if they did they would be over the hill and far away and probably bringing in £30m per season extra every year and we just couldn't compete financially with that.

Instead they never tire of telling anyone who'll listen they have the best squad and best players,but they still fail in Europe,they can't afford to spend big bucks just looking at their massive wage bill and if anything they will have to sell a player or two rather than pretend they have huge amounts of money, that's why they sold biscuit hips to balance the books for again,failure in Europe.
There is no ambition there.
Ive said to a few of them that they tried to kill us off so they could play in a league with no opposition. Ive not had a valid argument from any of them yet.

This is why they are timploding now, they have opposition.

McLeish was the manager, it was more than 10, he left in 2006. Unless the program ran for a few years, but I don’t remember it being on for too long.
Unless I misunderstood the post appeared to claim Burke wasn’t with us too long?

Came to the club in 2000 and left in 2009 iirc

Are 'they' officially out of Europe?

They can only manage 7 points total now in the Group if they win their last two games.

Scum can't catch Lille with 8 pts

AC Milan currently has 7 pts
Sparta currently has 6 pts

These two still have to play each other.

A Milan win or draw puts them above 7pts. A Sparta win puts them above 7 pts. A Sparta draw puts them at 7 pts but have beaten the Scum head to head so can't finish below them.

Today's result (either way) eliminates the Scum.

Am I reading this properly? They have been papped oot of Europe before we even played our 4th Group game?????????

That stat should be bubbliciously introduced for Shoo if indeed it was the case!

They can only manage 7 points total now in the Group if they win their last two games.

A Milan win or draw puts them above 7pts. A Sparta win puts them above 7 pts. A Sparta draw puts them at 7 pts but have beaten the Scum head to head so can't finish below them.

Am I reading this properly? They have been papped oot of Europe before we even played our 4th Group game?????????

That stat should be bubbliciously introduced for Shoo if indeed it was the case!
And teletext headlines is.. ....sloppy sceptic out of europe dubbed 4-1 again and just sloppy!

Not really, pointing out,how biased even txt is here in Scotland, for their beloved sceptic,if it was us it would have read,something very derogatory, however you will be glad wee Scott scored tonight ottawabear!

Ah, gotcha. Any time the Scum and Sloppy are used in the same headline it throws up all sorts of connotations.

Yup, happy for Captain Canada!

:)

A Sparta and milan draw also puts Milan on 8 points. Celtic are out

Back