Benfica fans forum reaction to the game tonight

Gazrfc

Yes, I know this is late, but better late than never :D

"Let us remember that this Rangers half a dozen years ago went bankrupt and went to beat the 5th division of Scotland with the horns."

In reply to the one above: "Which makes it very ridiculous to worship a president who has been building Benfica for 20 years."

"Rangers have a good team and a great coach but Benfica have an obligation to win."

"If we win I'm very surprised."

"Rangers are the Europa League Round of 16 team, no more. In economic terms, the difference between Benfica and Rangers is as big or bigger than that of a Real Madrid for us (300M of revenue vs. 50M of revenue in 2019). Would Real Madrid or Barcelona in the 21st century ever see Benfica as a 50-50 game? No. Impossible.

Today we play with Rangers, and if we lose, nobody is surprised. "Rangers are a good team". They have not won a Scottish championship in 10 years and went bankrupt in the middle, but they come and go to scare the Benfica Benfica from Structure. It's sad"

"A few years ago, beating Rangers by less than 3 was a defeat, we advanced to 2020, and we are afraid of being scratched by that same Rangers."

"Nothing confident for today, I don't think we won."

" would say that it ends in a tie or 2-1 for Rangers. Don't trust this benfica"

"Rangers play with another soul and have much more collective quality than Benfica. If we go there with the typical 4x4x2 with Pizzi in the middle, I almost bet we didn't win the game. We have to win the midfield if we want something from Glasgow."

"I was here watching the highlights of the Champions League and it made me laugh. The following colossi are playing in the group stage:

FC Krasnodar
Rennes
Brugge
Ferencvaros
Instanbul Basaksehir
Salzburg
FC Midtjylland

While FC Vieira falls into the hands of a PAOK who did not even pass the next stage against Krasnodar. I'm ashamed of the misery that Benfica fell into. A shame without limits."

"I think we're going to be shipwrecked, on top of that with so many absences.
Surprise me."

"In our current reality, rangers have become a colossus."

"Then we have to win at home Lech Poznan to guarantee qualification."

"In the light I predicted 1-4 for Rangers. The post shot when Rangers won 1-3 could have sentenced the game. I think this benfica has no desire to win or ambition, so the rangers are clearly a favorite."

"Rangers may even have a 2x-3x lower budget than Benfica - without Darwin, they are already slightly favorites"

"We're going to struggle again, aren't we?
: cry2:

I do not have the minimum of enthusiasm for this game .. I already know that it will be more of the same, the same weak players in the same positions doing what they do not know .. and on top of that Darwin the only effort in the middle of this garbage with Covid. .

Wake me this nightmare .."

"They gave 4 to the third place. So far they have conceded 3 league goals, all away. They came to Luz for a walk."

" The buck will go down to earth when he leaves scotch with his ass burning"

True although he did mention that Real Madrid would never look at Benfica as a 5050 game.

to me that insinuates that they should never be 5050 with Rangers
True mate. He is going with the clearly wrong idea that the richer team should always win. We know it doesn't :))

Hopefully afterwards tonight they can think, HOW THE MIGHTY FALL you can have all the money and players but unless you have heart and fight your nothing,
look at manure spunked £££££££££millions on players and are crap for the taking

Yes, I know this is late, but better late than never :D

"Let us remember that this Rangers half a dozen years ago went bankrupt and went to beat the 5th division of Scotland with the horns."

In reply to the one above: "Which makes it very ridiculous to worship a president who has been building Benfica for 20 years."

"Rangers have a good team and a great coach but Benfica have an obligation to win."

"If we win I'm very surprised."

"Rangers are the Europa League Round of 16 team, no more. In economic terms, the difference between Benfica and Rangers is as big or bigger than that of a Real Madrid for us (300M of revenue vs. 50M of revenue in 2019). Would Real Madrid or Barcelona in the 21st century ever see Benfica as a 50-50 game? No. Impossible.

Today we play with Rangers, and if we lose, nobody is surprised. "Rangers are a good team". They have not won a Scottish championship in 10 years and went bankrupt in the middle, but they come and go to scare the Benfica Benfica from Structure. It's sad"

"A few years ago, beating Rangers by less than 3 was a defeat, we advanced to 2020, and we are afraid of being scratched by that same Rangers."

"Nothing confident for today, I don't think we won."

" would say that it ends in a tie or 2-1 for Rangers. Don't trust this benfica"

"Rangers play with another soul and have much more collective quality than Benfica. If we go there with the typical 4x4x2 with Pizzi in the middle, I almost bet we didn't win the game. We have to win the midfield if we want something from Glasgow."

"I was here watching the highlights of the Champions League and it made me laugh. The following colossi are playing in the group stage:

FC Krasnodar
Rennes
Brugge
Ferencvaros
Instanbul Basaksehir
Salzburg
FC Midtjylland

While FC Vieira falls into the hands of a PAOK who did not even pass the next stage against Krasnodar. I'm ashamed of the misery that Benfica fell into. A shame without limits."

"I think we're going to be shipwrecked, on top of that with so many absences.
Surprise me."

"In our current reality, Rangers have become a colossus."

"Then we have to win at home Lech Poznan to guarantee qualification."

"In the light I predicted 1-4 for Rangers. The post shot when Rangers won 1-3 could have sentenced the game. I think this benfica has no desire to win or ambition, so the Rangers are clearly a favorite."

"Rangers may even have a 2x-3x lower budget than Benfica - without Darwin, they are already slightly favorites"

"We're going to struggle again, aren't we?

I do not have the minimum of enthusiasm for this game .. I already know that it will be more of the same, the same weak players in the same positions doing what they do not know .. and on top of that Darwin the only effort in the middle of this garbage with Covid. .

Wake me this nightmare .."

"They gave 4 to the third place. So far they have conceded 3 league goals, all away. They came to Luz for a walk."

" The buck will go down to earth when he leaves scotch with his ass burning"
Superb , thanks for collating , it's always good to read these posts

I think the point made that benfica are to us what Real Madrid are to them is interesting.

not sure I agree with that
Cheeky bassas. Real Madrid or Barca v us is same as Real or Barca v Them. That’s how Real and Barca would see it. Beginning to seriously dislike these kants.

Also they think 20 years ago anything less than a 3-0 would be defeat for them. Played them twice including a friendly in 65 and they have lost 3-1 and drew 3-3.

True although he did mention that Real Madrid would never look at Benfica as a 5050 game.

He is saying that with same president, and infrastructure, and 300m € turnover they shouldn't be fearing any teams in this group and it is a criticism of them not us.

300M how the hell is Benfica's revenue so large?
They make an absolute fortune in buying good South American prospects and selling them at huge profits within a few years.

I’ve said before that Spanish and Portuguese teams benefit from their old colonies in football terms and we are lumbered with the likes of the US and Australia that don’t give a shit about football :))

A bit rich given their team have been knocked out in the CL group stages by fairly average Celtic teams not once, not twice, but three times in the last 15 years or so.

They're a great club but some of their fans are unbearable, especially on Reddit. They seem to think they're Real Madrid.

I'm pretty amazed at the guy who said anything less than a 3-0 victory against us would have been a defeat a few years ago. When was that? When has a Portuguese team ever beaten us 3-0?
Assume he/she means when we were demoted?

3-0 to them is a bit generous when you think back to some of our lineups in those years

Still within the context of budgets.

You can’t separate the 2 sentences in the point he is making

They make an absolute fortune in buying good South American prospects and selling them at huge profits within a few years.

I’ve said before that Spanish and Portuguese teams benefit from their old colonies in football terms and we are lumbered with the likes of the US and Australia that don’t give a shit about football :))
I think from memory they're one of the best supported clubs in the world as well due to the Portuguese influence in Brazil and most of them having a soft spot for a Portuguese side in Europe.

They have I think the biggest fan base in the world, how I am not sure but readnit somewhere a few years ago, but them saying less than 3-0 they would consider it a defeat, %^*& them, they haven't a fuckin clue, they might have won a lot at home but done not been a name of note apart from having eusbio in the past and from my memory have been a feeder club for young brazilian talent to bigger clubs, only recently they have come into big money, 'va para o inferno'

Latest posts

Back