MOTM Poll Rangers v Benfica - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Amazes me every time I see this team playing so well. We’re like a machine no matter who plays. Always though have that Scottish underdog mentality in me that causes the butterflies for every game. If we bring our A game again we will get the job done. Guinness opened and battle fever on again.

Sun Headline from their twitter

Rangers boss Gerrard names strong XI against decimated Benfica for Europa League tie

:rolleyes:

They have Seferovic up front who is slow. And in any case, Helander is just a much better defender and I’d start him every time in Europe.
I like Helander. I like Balogun. Big Fil probably just edges it but Balogun is both the man in possession and the one who is currently at full match speed. He also has slightly more pace if we are expecting to get hit on the counter. I can see the logic in picking him.

Helander back at the weekend to get minutes under his belt, then the spot is up for grabs again.

If necessary Hagi could play as the advanced midfield player
Don’t have advanced midfielder tonight mate, it’ll be a flat three with Arfield right centre. Then Kent & Roofe then Morelos, making a Christmas tree.

They have Seferovic up front who is slow. And in any case, Helander is just a much better defender and I’d start him every time in Europe.
Still think this is the biggest joke on FF. None of Goldson, Helander or Balogun are “much better” than the other. They are all very close in ability. There is a hardcore of fans on here desperate to assert Helander’s vast superiority over all our other defenders when there just isn’t evidence for it. He may be a better defender than Balogun, but not by much, and given his performance last time v Benfica it’s no surprise he’s benched for this. You need to be in the team on merit, like anyone else.

Do we even get to hear a pre-match from Gerrard if we're kicking off pretty much straight after these manky bastards finish?

I think we are seeing Brandon Barker at some stage tonight.

So can I just say now that his hair is really funny, and that saves anybody telling us during the game? :cool:

Do we even get to hear a pre-match from Gerrard if we're kicking off pretty much straight after these manky bastards finish?
Yes mate, they don’t do a Celtic post match. Just roles reversed from when we play at 5:55.

RTV will still be on for those outside the UK?

Maybe the manager will do an interview soon for that.

There is a hardcore of fans on here desperate to assert Helander’s vast superiority over all our other defenders
I’m just calling it as I see it mate, I’m not following anyone else’s opinions. I’ve been a huge Helander fan from soon after he joined. I think he is a good bit ahead of Balogun.

Had no idea Jack and Aribo were out. Bench looks weaker for it

Will take a draw right now

The two up top are proper number 9’s so it looks like that on paper, the German one goes under the radar a bit but he’s been capped & scored for them.

We always relish playing teams that are going to come out and play. If those full backs push on, Kent, Roofe and Morelos might get some joy on the counter.

I like Helander. I like Balogun. Big Fil probably just edges it but Balogun is both the man in possession and the one who is currently at full match speed. He also has slightly more pace if we are expecting to get hit on the counter. I can see the logic in picking him.

Helander back at the weekend to get minutes under his belt, then the spot is up for grabs again.
Na, all other defenders are complete and utter dugmeat compared to the brilliance that is Helander. Streets ahead of anyone else. A country mile. Like Maldini, Cannavaro and Beckenbauer rolled into one.

You can't like them both nowadays. No matter they're both Gers players.

You have to pick 'your guy' and then keep saying he's better than the other guy at every opportunity.

I’m just calling it as I see it mate, I’m not following anyone else’s opinions. I’ve been a huge Helander fan from soon after he joined. I think he is a good bit ahead of Balogun.
No problems with being a big Helander fan. I am too. Just don’t see the need to shit on one to bump up the other. Not one of our central defenders is significantly better than the other. And on contribution this season, Goldson is the best. Something I wouldn’t have said last season.

There’s a gnats hair between them.

People exaggeratiNg the gap between our centrebacks are being dismissive of and disrespectful to Balogun.

You prefer him to Balogun?
Don’t break up a perfect pairing (Goldson/Balogun) unless you are forced to. IMO.;)

If one of Balogun's errors on Sunday leads to a goal, we're wanting him hung out to dry in the same way as there are those who will castigate Helander at every opportunity.

It's sad really. All 3 of those guys will be needed throughout the season and im not sure why people act in a particularly partisan way towards one player or the other.

a16.gif

Latest posts

Back