MOTM Poll Rangers v Benfica - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Game management terrible .... but good outcome in the other game helps ease that damage. A good night again!

Lets keep things in perspective - they are a quality team who have spent a fortune and we matched them home and away. Yes we could have won both games - but I don't expect we'll play a better team this season unless we draw a really big gun in the next round

Threw it away. Nothing else for it - Gerrard's decision to make no subs again was a shocker.

Sorry, on paper that might be a good result. In practise it was a poor result - we threw it away. Poor play to let the goals in. Midfield knackered and no changes made doesn't make any sense.

Winning 2 - 0 with 10 mins and drawing 2 - 2 Is not a good result.

There will be hysteria from the usual suspects on here....

But two draws from these games is a creditable result in the final analysis.

Some of Benfica’s passing and movement is excellent. They’re a team which is a level slightly above ours.

We’re doing well to hold our own

This^^^

The way they played leading up to both their goals was top class and we couldn't get near the ball.
We're lucky they didn't play like that from the start.

Oh well. Disappointing but not the end of the world.

Learn the lesson. Good teams punish moments of slackness. Better learning it in the group stage now than in the KO stages later or the Champions League next year.

Frustrating but you need to remember the quality we're up against at the same time. For the most part, I feel a bit sorry for the players for how well they played – but these things happened.

2 wins against Poznan and Liege and 2 draws against Benfica is not to be sniffed at. Really proud with how we've equipped ourselves in the group so far.

Hugely disappointing yet when the dust settles we are still in a good position, still undefeated.
Add me to the list of those surprised by the lack of changes.

Fk sake still think we’ll go through, just infuriated at the fact we should have been out of sight in both games against them

I’m sorry but Gerrard let his players down today.

That was the hardest match we’ve had all season, blowing out our arse at 75min and no subs?!

Someone explain that to me?
Didn't trust the kids to come on in midfield. Missing Aribo, Jack and Zungu caused the problem

Respect to Benfica and another lesson for Rangers. They are never beaten.
I expect Rangers to go far in this competition due to the learning process we go through.

Back