MOTM Poll Rangers v Benfica - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Ach well we could have beaten them twice they are a good side but so are we albeit few were off their game but what these guys have done to date is has been fantastic!

12 subs and we don’t use any to freshen up the side after they’ve ran solid for 80 minutes
Soon as it went 2-1 subs should have been on pitch

2 draws with BENFICA that feel like 2 defeats, how far we've come. Immensely proud, people will pick the bones off it but I won't be too upset or un-turn stones looking for blame where it doesn't exist.
Unbeaten troops, looking forward to taking 10 off Falkirk now

No c unt better say at the end of the day 2-2 is a good result.
This was like a defeat and we need to win more 50/50 tackles.

Ah well, maybe we won't.

If you had offered me that before the game I would be fine with a point. This is a team in the top 25 in Europe and we are mixing it with them.

8 and a bit years ago we had eight registered players before we started a game with a team who had a hedge along their touchline and we only got past them in extra time.

We are now where we belong

Rui Costa with Gerrard at the end.

We were fantastic for the most part tonight. Shite defending punished yet again by Benfica. That's 5 poor goals we've shipped to them.

Shocking management from our point of view. At 2-0 you could tell the team needed fresh legs. Yes we had few midfield options on the bench but Itten and Barker could have come on to support the midfield.

Yes. They were awful for 78 minutes then came to life for the last 12. Not great for a team to perform for 12 minutes. Rangers were decent. Can’t complain about getting a point against any Portuguese side, but they have been there for the taking twice and we’ve handed it back both times.

Frustrating but certainly not the end of the world.

We gave it away too easily at times.

Can't do that at this level, some fresh legs wouldn't have gone amiss, some were running on empty at the end.

Again though, a draw against that side is far from a bad result.

Gutted once again as we threw away that 2 goal lead.if I’m honest I didn’t think we were great all night bar 2 bits of great football

not sure why we didn’t make changes as our team tired

They are a very good side, the result isn’t a bad one just disappointing to be 2 up in both games and not win either but 2 draws against these lot isn’t a disaster. We’re in the top two with all to play for

2-2 Is a decent result considering the opposition but not the match itself. I really think fresh legs in the middle would have helped at 2-1.

But game over and not the worst result, So no complaints.

Im looking at the positives

If that's a last 16 tie we pap them out and nobody mentioning the draw.

We have liege at home next. Win and we are through

Or am I clutching?

We are playing a top team. More importantly I don't see us dropping a 2 goal lead domestically.

Can't lie I am gutted tonight. Said the first game was still a great result.

Hopefully we put liege to the sword and look ahead

Overall a good performance though the second half was certainly uncomfortable at times. Like everyone else I was surprised we didn’t use the bench - fresh legs could well have made the difference.
Alfie did well but took a bit of a pounding.

I’m sorry but Gerrard let his players down today.

That was the hardest match we’ve had all season, blowing out our arse at 75min and no subs?!

Someone explain that to me?
No he didn’t. Do you think even any of those players would have wanted to get off the park.

Sometimes you trust the players on the park. They were excellent tonight. We’ve lost a couple of goals, it’s not the end of the world. One was unfortunate and another was a quality goal from a quality opposition.

We’ve hit the bar just before they’ve scored. Football is fine margins. Nobody has let anyone down. I’m proud of that team tonight. How far we’ve come is unreal.

Yes when you’re winning 2-0 15 to go you want to win. I agree that’s disappointing. But it’s a stretch to say taking someone off would have prevented a goal.

Losing a two goal lead against anyone at any level should never happen - and we have let it happen to the same side in a matter of a few weeks.

Gutted.

AND it has cost us about £800k over both games.

Arrggh!!!!!

Back