Balotelli

I just don’t think that the big man loves the game. Perhaps he could feel loved by ourselves but I doubt it.

He would be booted up and down the pitch with no protection from the refs. The media would slaughter him at every opportunity. It would wind the tims up tho!

Gerrard ain't a fan and, I'm going to say something controversial here, I don't think he gets in our team.

The Balotelli from 2012 tears Scotland apart but in that time we've been down to the bottom division and back to the top which shows you how long ago it was.

He has looked worse than average any time I've seen him for the last few years. There's a reason he doesn't have a club.

Last edited:
He only signed a one year deal with Brescia and they were talking of legal action to get out of it as things had turned bad. He wasn't turning up to training. He's a complete waster

Absolute not. A fucking waster, lazy, and not very good.

Even if he was to play for free I wouldn’t want him and neither would the management I’d imagine.

No thanks the guys a waster.

Also it would turn a very promising season (so far) into a circus that we don't need.

We are stacked when it comes to striking options tbh. Don't see it. Itten is barely getting enough minutes as it is. Also if Morelos left I'd sooner we went for someone more low profile.

Admittedly Balotelli hasn't really done anything bonkers of late, or at least not to my knowledge. He did do well in France and Italy. He left Brescia because he was racially abused by fans again, not because he did something stupid. Always had a soft spot for him.

He is a mile from what we need in the squad just now.

On his game he is a very capable player, and would score goals.

The problem is getting him on his game.

Not needed here.

He’s about as far as you could get from the type of player Gerrard would want playing for him. We don’t need someone like him upsetting the apple cart regardless of his pedigree.

Seen in September he posted a video of himself scoring against Celtic with #comingback!!!

was the second goal on the video and tonight he’s posted a video with the gaffer saying #TB = Throwback

Not saying that he would come here / we could even afford his wages but would you take him?
would he get into the team?

As one poster has already said i wouldn't take him for free we have a good thing going on with the squad we have we don't need this pantomime villain anywhere near us .

If we were struggling I would say it was worth a gamble. He undoubtedly has talent but attitude is a problem.

I don't want to take a chance just now. We are doing just fine as we are. I actually don't think we need any new players in January unless it is players for the future. Get them in January to bed in for next season

Seems like the exact kind of guy that would disrupt (what seems to be) a very settled squad.

would be a huge gamble bit worth taking IMO

Absolutely not. He’s disruptive and ill-disciplined. 8 clubs in 14 years. Don’t believe he’s SG’s kind of player.

He’s had 2 bad seasons (Liverpool and 2nd time at Milan) in his career and a poorer one at Brescia. He did better in France maybe less pressure on him and less of a spotlight. He’d be under huge pressure from the fans and the media up here would be all over him. However, the wider media would probably forget about him.
He’s only 30 but still courts controversy. I’ve no doubt he’d be a success here but what impact would he have on the rest of the squad.
He’s also lacking fitness if he’s not played for a few months. If Gerrard wants him he’d sign him before Christmas to build his fitness up and get used to his methods and team mates.

I know he's faced awful abuse, often racist, but there's no excuse for the squandering of a career, considering the opportunities he's had.

So, a talented player, I wish him well, but more trouble than he's worth, so it's a no from me, even if we could afford him.

Seen in September he posted a video of himself scoring against Celtic with #comingback!!!

was the second goal on the video and tonight he’s posted a video with the gaffer saying #TB = Throwback

Not saying that he would come here / we could even afford his wages but would you take him?

Where is the video from tonight?

Balotelli on his day would be a outstanding signing, the problem is you know you're not getting a lot 'days' if any. Waste of money for us.

Would not work hard enough for our team.

Back