Steven Gerrard

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I know I’m the one that wants to wait until we’re past new year before really letting myself believe but it’s getting more and more difficult to suppress the inner belief that’s desperately trying to get out. And I have to say, as much as I’d rather suppress it until after new year I’m starting to fall in love with Gerrard big time. The way he’s got us playing just now, the refusal to get carried away, the focus he’s keeping, the way he’s conducting himself and most of all the way he’s recruited - all absolutely first rate. If he and the captain can keep this going special things are going to happen for us.

What a fecking day!

I'm going to wait until the end of January. We still have a good few games left to play and today with Helander shows how a little bit of misfortune could cost us. Finding it hard to keep that thinking though because we're playing so well and every player that comes in looks just as could as his counterpart. Buzzing at the thought of it all. Please please please.

I feel exactly the same. I'm the most sceptical of fans. And no wonder , I still have the memories of the rangers teams prior to Mr Gerrard taking over, and also the collapse second part of last season . But game after game I'm more optimistic and believe more that success will come for this team. We just need to keep up the level we are at currently and we will be fine

I know I’m the one that wants to wait until we’re past new year before really letting myself believe but it’s getting more and more difficult to suppress the inner belief that’s desperately trying to get out. And I have to say, as much as I’d rather suppress it until after new year I’m starting to fall in love with Gerrard big time. The way he’s got us playing just now, the refusal to get carried away, the focus he’s keeping, the way he’s conducting himself and most of all the way he’s recruited - all absolutely first rate. If he and the captain can keep this going special things are going to happen for us.

What a fecking day!
Perfectly summed up DZ

That could have been a tricky tie, plastic, after europe Falkirk top of their league, loads of changes. It was as professional as you could want. 4 goals, clean sheet and academy players on as well.

There has been a massive mindset change and it shows. We knew we were good on our game last year and celebrated when we won hard games, this year, we are a professional team, it is a job, each game is a step and once done we move on to the the next, with the same attitude.

Celebrations will come at the end of competitions/season. We play like this, we win the title.

It's incredible how much he's rejuvenated the whole club (granted not by himself)

We have reinstated the high standards both on and off the park that made us such a success over the years, and in many respects taken it to an even higher level than ever before.

He and we need trophies before we can truly grant praise but it's clear we're getting there and it's hard not to believe this is our year, aided dare I say it by the earlier than expected meltdown across the city

What a fecking day!
High praise indeed coming from yourself. I agree he's got us playing some great football and we're playing with great confidence and long may it continue.

very similar here... I’m so close to losing it and getting carried away but still have PTSD-esq fear of collapse from the last few seasons. Still get antsy before every. single. game.

Been a long 8 years.
I'm the same, still got the scar tissue of the last couple of years collapse after Christmas so I'm trying to keep my powder dry but I know I'll still lord it up to the great unwashed supporters in work tomorrow.

I'm keeping my powder dry until/if we win the league cup in February whilst hopefully being in a dominant position in the league.

What a fecking day!
I keep saying it there is no better man for this job right now than SG i cannot wait to see him lift that league trophy. His first league win is something he will always remember. Ps lennon must stay

High praise indeed coming from yourself. I agree he's got us playing some great football and we're playing with great confidence and long may it continue.

Before covid halted things I was almost certain he was a goner. So to regroup after the shambles of a finish and come back and have us playing the way we’ve played this season right from the start is really superb and not something I expected so I’m elated he’s done it and that he has us looking like a right good squad now. All in all it’s hard not to begin to get a little bit carried away.

That could have been a tricky tie, plastic, after europe Falkirk top of their league, loads of changes. It was as professional as you could want. 4 goals, clean sheet and academy players on as well.

There has been a massive mindset change and it shows. We knew we were good on our game last year and celebrated when we won hard games, this year, we are a professional team, it is a job, each game is a step and once done we move on to the the next, with the same attitude.

Celebrations will come at the end of competitions/season. We play like this, we win the title. Treble
Fixed that for u mate :))

It's incredible how much he's rejuvenated the whole club (granted not by himself)

It's undeniable that his stature has aided the Club on many levels. Thankfully he's shown a bit of managerial nous as well (aided by his backroom colleagues).

It's about continuity. Hopefully we'll be seeing the results of this in due course. A title and a Champions League qualification and I think we'll be entering the most exciting period for the Club in decades.

What a fecking day!
Just you wait to see the post I have ready for you with The Captain holding that trophy.

:))

Before covid halted things I was almost certain he was a goner. So to regroup after the shambles of a finish and come back and have us playing the way we’ve played this season right from the start is really superb and not something I expected so I’m elated he’s done it and that he has us looking like a right good squad now. All in all it’s hard not to begin to get a little bit carried away.

That comment just highlights perfectly the demands of the internet, no grasp on reality.

He was brought in to do a rebuild, we are nearly there, but still too soon to claim it's a complete job.

I'll hold my hands up, from the cup defeat at Tynecastle I thought this experiment was doomed to failure.

He's doing an outstanding job this season though. I won't be heralding him as the Messiah until he delivers that championship. So far, so good. Long way to go.

I don't believe we can write our opponents off just yet. They have enough good players to be a threat, if coached right. I believe Lennon now is too far gone, and the longer they persevere with him, the better for us. A semi decent coach coming in imminently though and we still have to consider them a major threat.

But we're the ones setting the pace and have to use that our advantage. As long as we win all our league games in 2020, we'll being going into that Old Firm game knowing we can strike a hammer blow.

What a fecking day!
Little more tobacco in there. You’re clearly not yourself! ;)

Seriously, focus IS the word. Think the coaching staff have been brilliant. They will see the fruition of their labour and beliefs now too. Easy for the new lads to come in and believe too.

That comment just highlights perfectly the demands of the internet, no grasp on reality.

He was brought in to do a rebuild, we are nearly there, but still too soon to claim it's a complete job.

it is but the reality we were an absolute state and were in free fall so I expected the pressure to build and build till the board were forced to act. All guess work of course.

Little more tobacco in there. You’re clearly not yourself! ;)

Seriously, focus IS the word. Think the coaching staff have been brilliant. They will see the fruition of their labour and beliefs now too. Easy for the new lads to come in and believe too.

Too right mate, and it looks to me like he has his players every bit as focused. They’ll have known about that result earlier and still they went out and did the job so professionally. Don’t even know if I could have done that I’ve been bouncing around since the full time whistle went at the piggery :D

What a fecking day!

It’s all looking very good and it’s hard not to get carried away.

After numerous instances of you and I verbally parting each other’s peas on here, I might even come and find you for a cuddle the day we win 55.

He is the public face of a very very good management team. A consummate professional as a player who is learning the ropes as a manager and so far has done an excellent job.

If I wasn’t a 62 year old Presbyterian I’d be professing serious man love for the chap.

It’s all looking very good and it’s hard not to get carried away.

After numerous instances of you and I verbally parting each other’s peas on here, I might even come and find you for a cuddle the day we win 55.

You’ll need to get in line ;)

But yeah mate it’s looking rosey for us and I won’t go overboard with any of it but I’m chuffed with where we are right now in every sense; management, squad, our board, our retail, it’s all looking great.

it is but the reality we were an absolute state and were in free fall so I expected the pressure to build and build till the board were forced to act. All guess work of course.

No guess work involved, the man should always have been given time to see the job through.

We've seen nothing but progress since he joined, for modern day attention seeking fans intent on 'likes' that is not enough, it had to be instant.

We'll get there, this time it feels different.

What a fecking day!
Don’t worry, you’ll always be the cynic’s cynic to me.

No guess work involved, the man should always have been given time to see the job through.

We've seen nothing but progress since he joined, for modern day attention seeking fans intent on 'likes' that is not enough, it had to be instant.

We'll get there, this time it feels different.

Well I wouldn’t agree there. I was worried about where we were headed because i didn’t see much progress last season, I saw a repeat of the previous one in terms of buggering it up at the half way mark and exiting the SC even faster. I’ve got a different feeling this season though and it’s different to any I’ve ever had in the previous couple.

Never thought I'd read that from the OP. Lol.

Indeed; Gerrard was never going to fail at this.

A little patience and calmness was needed, by some.

Gerrard will win us 55. And reach the very top in management, as he did as a player; nothing is surer.

And remember; we will probably drop points to utter dross, although it seems unlikely.

Don't be going bi polar, anyone.

NS.

What a fecking day!
League titles are not handed out in November,.

They are handed out on 2nd January 2021.

:)) :)) :))

It's undeniable that his stature has aided the Club on many levels. Thankfully he's shown a bit of managerial nous as well (aided by his backroom colleagues).

It's about continuity. Hopefully we'll be seeing the results of this in due course. A title and a Champions League qualification and I think we'll be entering the most exciting period for the Club in decades.
I remember going back and forth with yourself during our collapse last season (old username) and I was adamant that Gerrard had taken us as far as he could.. I had lost patience after our defeat at Rugby Park where I thought he let the players down.

Well I'm delighted to say it looks like I was wrong.. I feel like the penny has dropped for Gerrard this season.

Last year he showed teams far too much respect with team selection, particularly in midfield.. we were far too rigid and seemed to have a focus on winning a midfield battle that didn't exist in most games.

This season we're completely suffocating teams that sit in with sheer numbers getting into the the opposition box, something we didn't do previously..we're playing with an obvious freedom now.

As I've said before we've yet done win anything yet but the manager has improved ten fold for me this season.

Well I wouldn’t agree there. I was worried about where we were headed because i didn’t see much progress last season, I saw a repeat of the previous one in terms of buggering it up at the half way mark and exiting the SC even faster. I’ve got a different feeling this season though and it’s different to any I’ve ever had in the previous couple.

We're all entitled to a different view.
I'm realistic enough to know that time was needed.

We're all hoping for the same end game.

What a fecking day!
I knew you wouldn't be able to suppress the man love for Tav for much longer :))

This season definitely has a feel of something different about it , but we need a dose of realism here tbh.
It was only a couple of months ago some posters on here wanted rid of Gerrard after dropping points away to an in-form Hibs.
We had a poor run from New Year to March, when Covid hit.
We've dropped points in successive European games from a 2 goal leading margin, albeit against a very very good Benfica team.

Sorry guys, we're playing incredibly well, we're unbeaten, but we still have a little bit of a way to go before we can celebrate.

Sorry, just trying really really hard to keep my feet on the ground.

This season definitely has a feel of something different about it , but we need a dose of realism here tbh.
It was only a couple of months ago some posters on here wanted rid of Gerrard after dropping points away to an in-form Hibs.
We had a poor run from New Year to March, when Covid hit.
We've dropped points in successive European games from a 2 goal leading margin, albeit against a very very good Benfica team.

Sorry guys, we're playing incredibly well, we're unbeaten, but we still have a little bit of a way to go before we can celebrate.

Sorry, just trying really really hard to keep my feet on the ground.

That would have been a tiny minority though, people think I’ve been hypercritical of Gerrard and I’ve never wanted him sacked at any point.

And nobody is celebrating anything won, it’s just about enjoying the present and a bit of acknowledgement and appreciation for the job the manager is doing as it stands right now.

Back