Cedric Itten

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very good first half, probably should have scored & then began trying too hard.

Overall it was a good performance, I don’t think he’ll be Alfie’s replacement though. Itten is a few months younger than Alfie, I’d like his replacement to be slightly younger.

That said if Itten hits form & takes all his chances who knows.

I really like him, even if he does look like Kamberi’s long lost brother.

Last edited:
More to his game than just a big guy up front. Appearances are sparse but when he comes in he looks good. Be interesting to see what he could do if he got a decent run.

I think he'll become a star for us, but we could do with giving him more game time. Difficult when every game is a must win.
Technically good player and good in the air, also looks to have a great attitude.
Awaiting Gee telling us otherwise:))

Looks decent, just lacking in a bit of confidence. If he's seen as a long-term replacement for Alfie, then I think he has a way to go. But there's time for him to develop - we have plenty of ammunition up front these days so seems that we have the luxury of giving him a while to fully settle in.

Yes he got pass marks,few nice touches and link up but,that chance he had from 8 yards out where he blazed it over was poor,he was leaning back and all sorts .

Difficult for the lad, everybody is contributing so it’s hard to get 90 minutes under his belt.
Yesterday was good for him, his manager was pleased with his work rate, therefore fans need to give him more time than others, it’s hard to dislodge the shirt holders at the moment.

The lad needs time to adapt he may have played as a target man or in a 4 4 2 previously we don’t play that system we have a solid 4 3 3 and SG is not going to change so players need time to adapt to a new way of playing

Its hard for him when he doesn't get a run of games but I think he has great ability and is a good signing.

We will most likely see more of him next season.

Similar to Hagi, I think he is trying TO hard to impress. Forcing things trying to make things happen instead of it coming naturally. I think once he settles, and feels comfortable the confidence will come and we will see his real quality.
I just look at Kents first season and I cut these boys some slack.
As fans we need to learn patience. We no longer go out and sign the finished artcle.

He needs games, we have a strong front 3 but he will play his part this season.
Spot on.
Itten is a full blown Internationalist and a he us unlucky that he isnt able to get a start in most games for us only because there are 2 strikers picked ahead of him in most games.
I'm certain that if he ever gets a decent run of games we will see just how good a player he is.

He had a decent game. Great power in the header for basseys goal. Held ball up well and turned his marker.
I think he’ll come good but he needs a bit more game time up top.

He did well yesterday outside of two moments where he was just a bit too desperate to get a goal, with the shot miles over the bar first half and one in second where he should have slipped Defoe earlier.

I'm confident he will become a good signing for us, it's great that we have the luxury of letting him settle in to the club and the tactical approach with so much strength in depth.

Cedric has shown he has potential. Needs game time, however, that is going to be hard to come by. He'll keep working hard and will get some games. I'm sure he will score some important goals for us.

Spot on.
Itten is a full blown Internationalist and a he us unlucky that he isnt able to get a start in most games for us only because there are 2 strikers picked ahead of him in most games.
I'm certain that if he ever gets a decent run of games we will see just how good a player he is.
I totally give up with our support at times lest face it is rank not every signing works out and for whatever reason the lad won’t come good here sorry to be brutal but it’s a fact let’s just move on

Thought he had quite a good game yesterday outside the box. Link up play and work rate were excellent I though, problem he has is he is desperate to score.

Really would like to see him get a shot through the middle, I certainly think he will be morelos' replacement
He was called a dud on here yesterday:)) he needs time and starts and I've saw enough to believe that when he gets that, he will be quality for us.

The big man needs a goal. Not concerned by him in the slightest and the fact we are playing so well takes the pressure off all of them slightly. He'll be used more in the coming weeks given our schedule is so stacked.

I totally give up with our support at times lest face it is rank not every signing works out and for whatever reason the lad won’t come good here sorry to be brutal but it’s a fact let’s just move on
Deciphering that was hard But I think you will be wrong and probably know it but have to double down on it now.

I haven’t been particularly impressed with him, maybe because he’s played wide right and you don’t see a lot of what he does with not being at games? Confident he will become a useful signing but he’s not breaking into the front 3 and seems to be below JD in the pecking order.

I would like to see him a bit more through the middle. He's very good with the ball at his feet, but I want to see him on the end of crosses rather than putting crosses in.

Others will know better than I, but I seem to remember a lot of his goals for St. Gallen being headers.

I thought he done some things really well but was a bit frustrating at other times, understandable though given his lack of starts. He definitely has a role to play and will come good. He could easily have gone for the header, especially as he wants goals, when Tav scored but showed he is a team player by accepting Tavs call for the ball.

He looks like he needs to be a bit more central but I agree OP, i thought he was fine yesterday!

2nd string front line and we scored 4 while bringing on some of the young lads - all fine for me!!

Itten is struggling a bit at the moment but we've got the luxury of being able to integrate him slowly due to Morelos still being here and Roofe so it isn't a problem. I think we need to be patient with this one.

Like Roofe, I think work rate was top of the list of priorities for the scouts, and in Itten they found a guy who fits Gerrard’s criteria to a tee. Too early to make big proclamations but I am optimistic and I think he’s been unlucky not to make more appearances from bench.

Last edited:
He needs time.

There seems to be a camp, as with our players alot , that seems to see things that aren't there just to be positive and there is a camp which will pick fault in everything just to be negative.

I think he looks nervous, a bit cumbersome, and lacks composure, I think his attitude is spot on and he works his arse off though.

He would probably benefit more from a loan spell in the SPFL for the last few months of the season.

I do worry, and its early days, he just doesn't fit the style we play with, balls fired in quick to him seem to bounce off him.

We as a fan base do need to give players time to settle though, while at the same time not shouting down anyone who has legitimate comments or worries about a player.

Link up play is good and he is getting chances to score, if he wasn't then I'd be worried

Think anyone writing a player off after a handful of appearances is mental given the history of Borna. Bit of patience and he will come good

He needs time.

There seems to be a camp, as with our players alot , that seems to see things that aren't there just to be positive and there is a camp which will pick fault in everything just to be negative.

I think he looks nervous, a bit cumbersome, and lacks composure, I think his attitude is spot on and he works his arse off though.

He would probably benefit more from a loan spell in the SPFL for the last few months of the season.

I do worry, and its early days, he just doesn't fit the style we play with, balls fired in quick to him seem to bounce off him.

We as a fan base do need to give players time to settle though, while at the same time not shouting down anyone who has legitimate comments or worries about a player.

I'll crack the jokes.

Cedric Itten, a full international for a team ranked 16th in the world, won't be going on loan to some jobber mob.

The guy is learning his trade but showed against Kilmarnock and Motherwell that he still has plenty to offer Rangers this season.

Playing off the right doesn't suit him. He needs games through the middle but it's difficult for him given the other options we have there as well.

Morelos is showing some glimpses of his old form and Defoe is banging in goals every time he plays. Roofe would rather play through the middle than out wide as well.

We have great depth and options.

I was absolutely slaughtered a month or two ago for suggesting Itten needs to improve to become a first team player. I said luckily he has time on his side and he also has a great coaching team that will no doubt improve him.

From what I have seen of him I don't think he is going to get a run of games unless Defoe, Morelos or Roofe get injured. IMO all three of the aforementioned forwards are better than Itten and suit our game better.

I'm not saying he's sh ite, I'm not saying he's brilliant. I just think we need to be patient with this one and see where he is next season once he has settled in.

We signed a very promising striker who was in the form of his career upon joining, barely used him and are now playing him out of position once every month if he's lucky.

I'd be fairly annoyed if I was him.

He must suck in every piece of advice he can on finishing, from the absolute master that is Defoe. Composure is the key and the wee man has me uttering the words "fu*k me" with every class finish he ads to his catalogue.

In years gone by he’d have needed to play an important role this season and probably would’ve folded under the pressure.

We’ve now got multiple options and can manage and develop him properly.

TBH I thought he was pretty poor yesterday but see this season as him being a fringe player getting used to the way we play and hopefully notching a few goals.

An inverted winger or number 10 role is also obviously a completely different game to an out and out striker so I’ll give him some credit as he’s out of position.

Get practicing the finishing with Defoe and improving his ball retention with Alfie and Roofe plug the holes in his development and I reckon he could be a big player for us.

A great place to learn your trade at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back