Billy Dodds “Four or five players today chucked it”

Coza

When discussing them on Radio Scotland he said this and was in fairness man enough to name the players when pushed...

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

Now this may be true and may be his opinion. But isn’t it funny how when teams players ‘chuck it’ they (pundits) always Pick the foreigners as examples and ignore all Scottish based players.

Its clear unconscious bias at best - ‘lazy foreign man’ claptrap.

When discussing them on Radio Scotland he said this and was in fairness man enough to name the players when pushed...

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

Now this may be true and may be his opinion. But isn’t it funny how when teams players ‘chuck it’ they (pundits) always Pick the foreigners as examples and ignore all Scottish based players.

It's an easy get out, less chance of bumping into the foreign lads in the future.

Their fans are questioning the players attitude and accusing them of chucking it.

Lobbing bricks/insults at them as they leave the ground is a sure fire way of getting them back on side of course.

Their manager and players may be shite, may be going through a crisis of confidence and form but their own support has, hopefully, put the final nail in this seasons coffin.

I caught the second half of the County game on catch up, and as shit as they were, Rogic looked their best player, and El El Hamid was up and down the pitch the whole half (even though his deliveries were crap). The ones who looked disinterested to me were Ajer, Julienne and Laxalt. As a team they were shockingly bad.

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

Not always in fairness. Alex Rae singled out Brown and McGregor on Clyde last night. I'd probably agree with your general point mind you.

Not always in fairness. Alex Rae singled out Brown and McGregor on Clyde last night. I'd probably agree with your general point mind you.

For me Mcgregor looks a shadow of the player he was under Rodgers. Even for Scotland. He went from being a technically sound player who went forward with purpose to being a deeper player who plays the easy pass.

Then you have Christie shooting from all angles. Is that not in a way another way of being lazy and not trying?

Brown just looks done from what little I have saw so far this year.

I very rarely watch Celtic on TV. I watched most of the game on Freesports. I didn't think anybody chucked it.

It was a poor display, but they had chances. Ajeti hit the post, and Elhamed and Elyounoussi had good chances.

Ross County played well defensively, but offered nothing up front.

Poor game overall. Just Scottish football

Wouldn't say Rogic chucked it he's just a crock who can't last 90 minutes. The days of him looking good against Holt and Goss are long gone.

Edouard definitely wants out though, wouldn't surprise me if they sell him in January for an undisclosed fee.

I mentioned that in the post about their accounts yesterday. One of the 2-3 players with 18 months left who is deemed an asset will be gone in January. You are probably right to say edouard is most likely.

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

You could add McGregor an Christie to that list. Also, Scott Brown is done and should chuck it!

I'm sure Alex Rae said their level had "regressed" rather than chucking it and not trying a leg.
He did mate, I'm just making the point that he didnt blame it all on the foreigners.

For me Mcgregor looks a shadow of the player he was under Rodgers. Even for Scotland. He went from being a technically sound player who went forward with purpose to being a deeper player who plays the easy pass.

Then you have Christie shooting from all angles. Is that not in a way another way of being lazy and not trying?

I would agree with that aye. McGregor, was one of the leagues top performers but, looks to me like he has no confidence and has undoubtedly dropped off significantly but, I'm not sure he could be accused of 'not trying'. Suppose we all like to play the amateur psychologist but McGregor looked to me like was livid on Sunday there whilst, the likes of Eduoard and Ajeti genuinely look like they can't be fucked and that big arsehole Ajer strolls about like he is too good for professional football in general, not just Scotland.

Long may it continue mate. Their fuckwit fans on Sunday night, encapsulated the mentality of that full club the past 8 years. It's easy to lord it over Jason Holt and Declan John ain't it? First proper challenge and they have crumbled. Just a pity that bastard Lustig isn't still there.

McGregor is the main one for me who's chucked it, he's been at fault for a few goals and it impacted his scotland form imo. Toss in Brown and Thumb who look as if they want him gone asap.

Ajer
Ntcham
Eduoard
Julien
4 others who have "chucked" it as well. Longer Lennon stays the worse it will get.

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

Tbf @Coza, after watching the game, they're the ones I would've singled out too, plus Bitton and Jullien.

They honestly looked like they couldn't give 2 fuucks.

El Hahmed, Laxalt, Christie and Brown were shite, but they did at least look like they were trying.

He also said he was furious watching the game because those players weren’t trying. An ex Rangers player furious at their poor performance, strange to say the least

If you've listened to any of Dodds since he left us, it's not really that strange. May have played for us but he us no Rangers fan mate.

It's an easy get out, less chance of bumping into the foreign lads in the future.
As well as the fact Edouard likely hasn’t a clue who Billy Dodds is or gives a %^*& about his opinion.

Griffiths on the other hand would be dialling him up while waiting for his next bag of skag the small time, tin pot, Ned.

They’ve all chucked it but they won’t blame the Scottish lads because Broon gets stuck in and plays for the shirt and all that :))

I caught the second half of the County game on catch up, and as shit as they were, Rogic looked their best player, and El El Hamid was up and down the pitch the whole half (even though his deliveries were crap). The ones who looked disinterested to me were Ajer, Julienne and Laxalt. As a team they were shockingly bad.

Funny how we see things differently mate.

I thought Rogic was the biggest culprit of all.

When County had possession, his work rate was non existent.
Possibly the laziest bast**d of a footballer I've ever seen.

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

I’m not so sure, I think the foreign players don’t give a shite about them, their false 9 and fake 10. It’s probably drama they could do without!

The player Elyounoussi had a chance with a header at 0-1, I got the impression he deliberately headed off target and past the post.
Just looked easier to guide it into the net.
Hope I'm right. :)

I very rarely watch Celtic on TV. I watched most of the game on Freesports. I didn't think anybody chucked it.

It was a poor display, but they had chances. Ajeti hit the post, and Elhamed and Elyounoussi had good chances.

Ross County played well defensively, but offered nothing up front.

Poor game overall. Just Scottish football
Aye but scored two goals.

Their fans are questioning the players attitude and accusing them of chucking it.

Lobbing bricks/insults at them as they leave the ground is a sure fire way of getting them back on side of course.

Their manager and players may be shite, may be going through a crisis of confidence and form but their own support has, hopefully, put the final nail in this seasons coffin.
It's why I've never been a fan of ripping into our players after a poor performance. It does nothing other than make the fan feel a bit better, yet somehow people convince themselves it's going to make the player want to do better for them.

Same with a manager continually throwing players under the bus.

We're now seeing the combination of the two play out in public for that lot, and I fucking love it.

I mentioned that in the post about their accounts yesterday. One of the 2-3 players with 18 months left who is deemed an asset will be gone in January. You are probably right to say edouard is most likely.
Their latest accounts showed they still had £18M cash in reserve but they have bought Barkas, Ajeti plus loans for Duffy and Laxalt since then so not much left. Unless we fall apart in the next two months there will be a fire sale at the end of January.

When are they going to realise that this 9/10 in a row garbage means absolutely nothing to these guys and as you say all the trouble that kicked off may well put them right off. It's a no win situation they're in because they give a bad impression to any potential buyer, given their attitude and the upshot is they could just sit picking up their wages for doing next to nothing.

Good players performance will drop if not properly coached. Brenda whatever he is can coach players and get the best out of them.
Lennon has not got that team playing with confidence. Constantly faffing around with the formation isn’t useful.

caution for us I’d they could hire someone that can restore that confidence. They still have decent players.

The second goal that went in was partially Laxalts fault when defending the corner. He kicks the ball into the path of the scorer for a header and after it goes in, raises his hands as if to say the ball should have been kept out. I love seeing them pointing fingers at one another.

Ajer in particular looks like a terrible professional. Constantly greetin at team mates.

Good players performance will drop if not properly coached. Brenda whatever he is can coach players and get the best out of them.
Lennon has not got that team playing with confidence. Constantly faffing around with the formation isn’t useful.

caution for us I’d they could hire someone that can restore that confidence. They still have decent players.

Generally agree with your point. Similarly it’s a dangerous game for those players to down tools and kick up a stink with their employers. Form isn’t a given for any of them and is hard to get back for even the very best. Gives a reasonable insight into what appears to be a toxic culture within the team.

P
I don’t disagree with you but I suspect the overseas players are far less likely to work for someone like Lennon. I can’t imagine they’re used to such an aggressive bully.
Plus they don’t give a shit about the tainted ten and have no personal loyalty to the club.

Funny how we see things differently mate.

I thought Rogic was the biggest culprit of all.

When County had possession, his work rate was non existent.
Possibly the laziest bast**d of a footballer I've ever seen.

He's never had any work rate. Very talented on the ball but can't run the length of himself, hence Rodgers playing 6 in midfield to accommodate him.

Aye but scored two goals.
Yip scored twice.

County played the kind of game we despise. Bed in, make no effort to attack, and just hope if the occasion arises they can score. That's what they did. Their plan worked.

The same master plan that Livingston, Motherwell, Aberdeen and all the rest of them try.

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

Who’s like us eh . Funny wee Dutch man like Advocaat can be belittled . Dr Jo is talking shit blah blah blah .

Yes it is classic Scottish Othering , no no not xenophobia not racism simply they are different and therefore the problem . the polar opposite of Enlightenment .

It might only be billy dodds this time but it endorses the prevailing culture of Scottish football broadcasts , almost certainly though a wider societal issue most often seen in its anti-English / anti-Irish versions .

Back