Benfica Interested in Kamara?

They 100% do not. We signed him on a pre contract and they took the 50k instead of getting nothing for him to go early
Probably makes Kamara the most likely to go in all honesty given we will get 100% of the fee. If he shows up well in the knockouts of the EL, we win a trophy or two and then has a good euros he is going for 20m.

Another thing to this as well there were murmurings of a new deal that doesn't seem to have materialised although I think he is under contract for another 2 years after this season?

All points to me that he is the most likely to move on but whether its to Portugal?

We don't want to sell any player but the fact is one of them, maybe even two, are going in the summer.

We need to sell a player for big money thats not something new.
In a perfect world, you’d want to keep the squad intact/hope they’d want to stay and have a crack at the CL, but given the financial outlay the board’s made, as you said, some have to go.

Think most are already resigned to Morelos being a goner.

Replacing Kamara will be a difficult job if he goes as well.

This is the downside of our March back to where we belong with players & manager performing at an exceptional level then your prized assets are in the shop window that’s what success breeds

I know we need to balance the books but id rather we sold Alfie before Kamara.

I think if we make the Champions League next season, its also our big anniversary year so I honestly think well rake in quite a few extra million in merchandise.

Will we need to bring in, say, 15 million pounds in players sales alone?

Im just supposing mind.
My own personal opinion is we will punt 2/3 of Kamara, Morelos and Barisic.

Money to clear the defecit we are running and then money to replace the 2 and bank the rest.

I’d sell for £15m while his stock is high with a 15% sell on, he could easily kick on at a higher level!

In a perfect world, you’d want to keep the squad intact/hope they’d want to stay and have a crack at the CL, but given the financial outlay the board’s made, as you said, some have to go.

Think most are already resigned to Morelos being a goner.

Replacing Kamara will be a difficult job if he goes as well.
You need to be mindful that the players most likely to command top dollar then go into the last 2 years of their contracts.

2 years is the minimum we can let them go before the value starts dropping.

They're in a bit of a problem with finances due to overspending in the summer and completely bottling a Champions League qualifier against PAOK (that they had accounted on winning).

They'll probably need players out before they bring players in. That lad Nunez is just on another level, just like Benzema when he came to Ibrox with Lyon, and will probably pay for their transfers next summer.

They're in a bit of a problem with finances due to overspending in the summer and completely bottling a Champions League qualifier against PAOK (that they had accounted on winning).

They'll probably need players out before they bring players in. That lad Nunez is just on another level, just like Benzema when he came to Ibrox with Lyon, and will probably pay for their transfers next summer.
I reckon Barcelona will go for Nunez to replace Suarez.

Real Madrid will be looking for a striker as well Benzema is 33ish now.

Man City even as Aguero will be 33 as well.

Few big clubs will be looking to sign the next young potential superstar next summer.

Sell someone else. It would cost a fortune to replace him.
I’m sure we’ll only sell players we know we can replace or have somebody to step in and recruit a back up. I think Ross Wilson’s database is functioning fully by now.

Doubt he will be going to Benfica.

EPL in the summer likely it to be the outcome.

And will command a good fee with no sell on due to Dundee.

You need to be mindful that the players most likely to command top dollar then go into the last 2 years of their contracts.

The game’s came a long way from Jim McLean signing youth players at Dundee Utd to 30yr contracts.

Kamara has added a different dimension to his game with us recently and it’s like the way he plays with Finland he has started to burst forwards with the ball and midfielders can’t live with him. He done it several times vs Benfica at Ibrox and got their main midfielder booked.

I’d be trying to get him on a longer contract and then start looking to sell after the euros and we will get 20m easily when he shines in that stage imo.

I’d imagine we’d rather sell Alfie or Borna before GK.

Regardless of how good Calvin Bassey is, Borna is easily the 1st name on our team sheet every week, his crossing & free kicks are outrageous

Would rather we took ~20m for Morelos before selling Borna or Kamara. Davis can play the 'Pirlo' role for another year or so, but unless Zungu can replace both Kamara & Jack then I wouldn't sell him unless we can pick up another midfielder for 1/2 the fee or free

Against Benfica last week we would have won if Jack/Aribo were available, we would have had more legs in midfield to drag out the game

They spent the war chest in the summer to got for 9 ‘n’ a bit. They’ve probably got some for January but they blew it big time in summer and will still have the same head of recruitment for January. They could get lucky with a couple but they’re going to have to upcycle the chest and hope somebody wants a fancy coffee table.

I reckon Barcelona will go for Nunez to replace Suarez.

Real Madrid will be looking for a striker as well Benzema is 33ish now.

Man City even as Aguero will be 33 as well.

Few big clubs will be looking to sign the next young potential superstar next summer.
Man City have earmarked Haaland, I would be shocked if he went anywhere else.

Real Madrid are going for Mbappe and Alaba in the summer as their big ticket items. don't know if Mbappe plays wide or goes through the middle. If he plays through the middle they are going to try and salvage something from Hazard. If he plays wide, they'll bring another striker, Nunez would be perfect with Valverde behind him, Mbappe to the left and a hardworking winger on the right.

Barcelona are in complete chaos. They are chasing Neymar endlessly and it'll end in nothing. Messi is done and will probably head to PSG/Man City. They've spent tonnes of money on the likes of Trincao, Griezmann, Dembele and Coutinho. I'd be surprised if they bring in another attacking player

At the moment, I see a move to Juve in his future, if Ronaldo completes his expected move to PSG.

I think he replaces Davis. If this is Davis' last season then wed be mad to sell Kamara.
Exactly, if we're going to sell a player or players(2 max in my opinion) then it should be Morelos and and possibly one of Barisic, Goldson or Tav, mainly due to their slightly older age.

By the way, I'd love us to keep these players but we need to start bringing in proper transfer fees and this summer should be the starting point.

Didn't the mentally challengeds get 25m for that biscuit hipped c**t Tierney? Yet we're talking offloading Kamara for relative halfpennies? We need to get a bit more poker faced in the transfer market imo.

We are the club that sold Barry Ferguson for 1m, that was a disgrace in itself. We need to become harder to deal with I think. Everyone's got a price I suppose, but FFS we're a big club, not Elgin boys club.

Regardless of how good Calvin Bassey is, Borna is easily the 1st name on our team sheet every week, his crossing & free kicks are outrageous

Would rather we took ~20m for Morelos before selling Borna or Kamara. Davis can play the 'Pirlo' role for another year or so, but unless Zungu can replace both Kamara & Jack then I wouldn't sell him unless we can pick up another midfielder for 1/2 the fee or free

Against Benfica last week we would have won if Jack/Aribo were available, we would have had more legs in midfield to drag out the game

I agree that I would sell Alfie before the other two. Borna, though, will be at his highest value next Summer. I think we could adjust to his departure 'easier'.

Against Benfica, we were missing Jack, Aribo and Zungu. One of them coming on would have helped immensely.

Man City have earmarked Haaland, I would be shocked if he went anywhere else.

Real Madrid are going for Mbappe and Alaba in the summer as their big ticket items. don't know if Mbappe plays wide or goes through the middle. If he plays through the middle they are going to try and salvage something from Hazard. If he plays wide, they'll bring another striker, Nunez would be perfect with Valverde behind him, Mbappe to the left and a hardworking winger on the right.

Barcelona are in complete chaos. They are chasing Neymar endlessly and it'll end in nothing. Messi is done and will probably head to PSG/Man City. They've spent tonnes of money on the likes of Trincao, Griezmann, Dembele and Coutinho. I'd be surprised if they bring in another attacking player

At the moment, I see a move to Juve in his future, if Ronaldo completes his expected move to PSG.
Off topic from the thread, but you wonder just how far Barca’s fall will be post-Messi.

1.3k followers
Even the DR would have more followers and we'd definitely deem them as utterly clueless

I'd prefer we keep him if that's what he wants. Gerrard and his staff are turning our players into superstars.
I think we can become a really top side if we hold on to our best players into next season when hopefully we are playing CL football.

We are building, we haven't yet proved we are a selling club, I hope if we can afford to, hold on to all our main players for as long as we possibly can. Certainly until we reach our goal of the CL.

My own personal opinion is we will punt 2/3 of Kamara, Morelos and Barisic.

Money to clear the defecit we are running and then money to replace the 2 and bank the rest.
Exactly my thoughts. Morelos wants away, there’s no doubt. It’s just about getting the right offer. Barisic is now 28. We won’t get big bucks for him for much longer, and Bassey looks like a great replacement, though I don’t think he will deliver the assists Borna does. Kamara the next obvious one, given his form and the fact we currently have a lot of midfielders.

Sell someone else. It would cost a fortune to replace him.

Sadly, this is what we'll need to get used to.

If Kamara was sold for big money and the club said they were promoting Dickson and Kelly to become first team squad members, that would be the reality of the sort of model most of our fans want to see.

While I agree about Kamara, Jack is just as good for me, he was a big miss for us on Thursday especially during the first half, I'm pretty certain the gaffer knows it as well.

We will sell him and a couple of others for hefty fees, the trick will be replacing them without much of a drop in the effectiveness of the team as a whole.
Lets face it, we wont be replacing Kamara with another £50,000 player, it will be a few million pound player this time.
I have full confidence in the scouting department.

We will sell him and a couple of others for hefty fees, the trick will be replacing them without much of a drop in the effectiveness of the team as a whole.
Lets face it, we wont be replacing Kamara with another £50,000 player, it will be a few million pound player this time.
I have full confidence in the scouting department.
Impossible task to replace him at that price. You don’t unearth many players like him for that sort of money.

Hopefully in the summer after we win the league. A couple of good sales would allow good investment for our assault on the CL. If we got £30m I think the manager would get it all to spend in the hope we get to the group stages and another £40m.

Our recruitment has been fantastic, we could do a lot with 30m.
Never going to happen ie 30m spend We need to keep an eye on costs, the wages are creeping up again.

We need to stop under valuing our players. Players like MacGregor at the tims have valuations of 25M thrown about in the media and we have bears on here saying 16M for Kamara who is one of the best players in Scotland and absolutely balling it in the Europa League.
He's 25M for me just now before the Euros.

Im not sure how we can have undervalued our players when we’ve not sold any. If anything we must be valuing our players above market value and that’s why we’ve not agreed price with anyone.

Didn't the mentally challengeds get 25m for that biscuit hipped c**t Tierney? Yet we're talking offloading Kamara for relative halfpennies? We need to get a bit more poker faced in the transfer market imo.

We are the club that sold Barry Ferguson for 1m, that was a disgrace in itself. We need to become harder to deal with I think. Everyone's got a price I suppose, but FFS we're a big club, not Elgin boys club.
The club's stance with Lille during the Morelos negotiations shows that we're not letting anyone go on the cheap. Worth bearing in mind that the board would have been fully aware of the 15m deficit that would show in the accounts recently released, which shows they will not bow t financial pressure too easily. The clubs valuation of the players is constantly being assessed and monitored, hence the 200m figure that's been mooted recently.

Exactly, if we're going to sell a player or players(2 max in my opinion) then it should be Morelos and and possibly one of Barisic, Goldson or Tav, mainly due to their slightly older age.

By the way, I'd love us to keep these players but we need to start bringing in proper transfer fees and this summer should be the starting point.
I think we would just need to bring in between 15- 20 million in players sales that could be one or two player sales.
Well finally get rid of some fringe players this january and then the summer.

Back