Gerrard expects more outs than ins

Ilikethewayyoumove

Press are saying Gerrard expects more outs than ins this coming window. I can't really think of who we'd bring in at the moment as the squad is already at a high standard with rotation players up there with the first 11.

Outs my guess would be the loans for the likes of Middleton, Dickson, Medube, King, & maybe Jones and Edmundson

Who would you like to see in and who would you like to see out?

Can’t really see any ins next window, maybe a pre-contract or two announced for next season.

One last push to hold on to our prized assets then onwards to 55.

The level of player and the performances they delivering right now have left a few in the squad behind.

Edmundson and Jones are gone IMO. They have to be. They are the complete opposite of what we and the manager need right now. Everything we set out to achieve could've been destroyed by these two idiots.

Greg Stewart will barely see a minute of action this season. A loan move to someone in the league would be my guess.

Another guy I like but similar to the Greg Doherty situation you have to think Barjonas could be on the list of outgoings.

Barker.
Stewart.
Edmondson.
Jones.
Thats a good shout as they bring virtually zero to our team.
Worst case they are away in the Summer with morelos.
Frees up wages and brings in dough.
We then need to add 2 quality players.
By the summer of 2022, add mcgregor, davis and defoe to that list.

I’d punt Jones and probably Stewart.

I would like to get rid of Barker. I think he’s a chronic waste of a wage. But, Gerrard likes him it seems.

I would loan Edmundson to Killie or such like.
Bit harsh mate as Barker has done fine this season, I was like you last year but decided to give him a chance to win me over, instead of micro watching him and pulling up every single touch I looked at his play over all and he has done a lot more good that bad.

We havent really used loan market at all. Cant see us spending anything. Maybe some pre contacts. Hoping we manage to get Lundstrum done for next season.

Hopefully Jones and Edmundson get punted.

Lundstram and the winger Osai Samuels seem to be the repeat names for Bosman deals. If Kent or Kamara are in danger of going for big money this would be a nice insurance policy

I'd imagine Barjonas and Middleton would go out on loan. Hopefully Edmundson and Jones are offski.

If a couple from Jones, Barker and Stewart were to go. I'd hope for one decent pacy option to come in for that area. Think that's the only thing we could add.

Bit harsh mate as Barker has done fine this season, I was like you last year but decided to give him a chance to win me over, instead of micro watching him and pulling up every single touch I looked at his play over all and he has done a lot more good that bad.

Doesn’t do enough for me.

Will be on a good wage.

He’s soft, ineffective and overall, just falls short for me.

Reckon we will see jones, Edmundson and maybe barker leave. Even then I don’t think we will bring anyone in to replace them. Reckon we might bring Kennedy into the first team squad once his loan at Inverness is up in January to replace jones/barker. Let’s face it if Kennedy offers us anything then it’s an upgrade on those two.

If we could move on jones and Stewart, replaced by a guy like osayi-Samuel at QPR (pre contract then a small move now fee) would be good business. The RW position needs a player like Kent.

lundstram on a pre contract would be ideal too.

can’t see us spending any big money until an asset is sold

I'd imagine Barjonas and Middleton would go out on loan. Hopefully Edmundson and Jones are offski.

If a couple from Jones, Barker and Stewart were to go. I'd hope for one decent pacy option to come in for that area. Think that's the only thing we could add.

i agree, punt jones and Stewart and replace them with a player of better quality albeit on loan.

Edmundson can gtf to.

expect a few loans out

I would say King is definitely not ready for a loan yet. He will develop more at 16 training with the first team than he would in league 1 or 2.

I imagine Stewart and Jones would be the 2 most likely players to move on. Kai Kennedy could potentially offer more than them while having the actual potential to be a starter for us in a few years.

If Celtic's poor run of form continues into the new year I'd honestly look at giving Aberdeen a few players on loan so they can attempt to sneak 2nd place.

Might not be palatable to help the sheep but it's giving the yahoos a taste of their own medicine while weakening Aberdeen against us in the title run in.

As for signings (in) for me we should be looking at the Bosman market more than January signings so we don't have to spend as much in the summer.

Jones Edmundson and Stewart out and get Osayi Samuel or Zinckernagel in and look to some precontracts I don't think we'll spend any money unless someone like Morelos leaves

Reactions: cav
We havent really used loan market at all. Cant see us spending anything. Maybe some pre contacts. Hoping we manage to get Lundstrum done for next season.

Hopefully Jones and Edmundson get punted.
I was saying that to my mate as well I wouldn't be surprised if we went for one good quality loan instead if spending money on a fee in january. Greg Stewart might go in January as well hes hardly featured and might want first team football

Reactions: cav
The likes of King and Dickson are needed for the euro squad so won’t be going anywhere.

If anyone goes it will be Stewart, Jones & Edmundson.

Doesn’t do enough for me.

Will be on a good wage.

He’s soft, ineffective and overall, just falls short for me.
There are bigger wage thieves in this world than Barker, I started to notice the amount of covering the boy does that allows either fullback to attack and was surprised at the amount he actually does .
For me he is a decent replacement during matches, I would prefer an upgrade on him but he is a better option than Jones or Stewart

If we could move on jones and Stewart, replaced by a guy like osayi-Samuel at QPR (pre contract then a small move now fee) would be good business. The RW position needs a player like Kent.

lundstram on a pre contract would be ideal too.

can’t see us spending any big money until an asset is sold
Lundstram and Osayi Samuel on precontracts would be excellent and see if we can get them in early on the cheap could maybe make 500k-1 million on Jones and then a nominal fee for Stewart aswell as the wages of the likes of Middleton and Edmundson going out

Punt our players out on loan to Aberdeen/Hibs to help us out as much as possible. Obviously that won't happen but it would be great banter

We need a wide attacker and an established, physical No.9.

We don’t have suitable cover for Kent.

Itten is nowhere near ready enough to lead the line, and Morelos is so badly off form it’s untrue.

Back