Gerrard expects more outs than ins

We need a wide attacker and an established, physical No.9.

We don’t have suitable cover for Kent.

Itten is nowhere near ready enough to lead the line, and Morelos is so badly off form it’s untrue.
I think if Lille come back in Morelos will be sold on and replaced and the likes of Jones and Stewart will be moved on bring in Osayi Samuel and Lundstram on pre contracts and get them in on the cheap early and spend £5-10 million on a physical Morelos replacement

Alfie will not be sold before the summer I would hope. Despite his lower goal return, he is playing well and acting as a great focal point up front. Nobody else on our books does what he does and he absolutely ties up 2 or 3 defenders for 90 minutes. He is very important to our play, scoring or otherwise.
Inclined to agree mate, 2 factors I think.

I don’t think many of any teams have the money to spend right now and this will be reflective in the January window.

I don’t know if we would gamble selling given the position

Agree with most of the above. I still think we should be investing in Middleton - he’s still only 20 and has a lot to learn - sounds as if he’s the sort of lad who is hard working and willing to be coached.
For me he wrecked it for himself, if he went to Holland as he was asked then yes we should have invested more however he took the easy path and wasted 6 months at Hibs

It would be madness to let Edmundson go and leave us only 3 fit centre backs, utter lunacy given the amount of games we play
I know that a lot of us will still be raging with him, but I think he still has a future. He made an seriously bad mistake, but it's the first time that he's done something like that and we shouldn't hold it against him. Especially when Gerrard is willing to forgive him.

Jones however is a complete waster who has shown he is more interested in the idea of being a Rangers player than actually wanting to play for the team. He's had too many chances and needs to GTF.

I'm wondering if either Alfie or Kamara goes in January. Personally I hope not but GK performances of late will be getting the wallets open from some of the bigger clubs.

Doesn’t do enough for me.

Will be on a good wage.

He’s soft, ineffective and overall, just falls short for me.
Barker should be moved on for his haircut alone.

Last person at Ibrox with hair as bad as his was Archie McPherson commentating.

For me he wrecked it for himself, if he went to Holland as he was asked then yes we should have invested more however he took the easy path and wasted 6 months at Hibs
Yep, I don't think Gerrard was impressed at the time when he went to Hibs.
I remember he sounded quite surprised at a presser when he said that Middleton had decided to go there instead of Holland.

Out:
Barjonas, Middleton, Jones, Stewart, possibly even Barker.

In:
Upgrade on Barker*
Also another middle-front option who will actually play a part/contribute at the expense of Jones/Stewart.

* I think Barker will stay though and remain a squad player.

The likes of King and Dickson are needed for the euro squad so won’t be going anywhere.

If anyone goes it will be Stewart, Jones & Edmundson.
I’d ship out Jones , barker and Stewart permanently if possible
And , Although he has been a grade one idiot I’d be tempted to loan out edmondson to an Spl club.

Reactions: hms
Getting rid of Jones, Stewart, Barker for someone who actually contributes would be good.

could see us recalling Mayo for the second half of the season.

I’d punt Jones and probably Stewart.

I would like to get rid of Barker. I think he’s a chronic waste of a wage. But, Gerrard likes him it seems.

I would loan Edmundson to Killie or such like.
Barker is this seasons Ojo. Lucky he's a bit more injury prone. I totally don't see it with him

Jones and Stewart out with another Roofe/Kent level attacking player coming in on loan would be ideal.

Not sure what will happen with Edmundson, might depend on how Katic is progressing.

I would like another goalscorer....

I realise he's playing slightly deeper now (which I don't think suits him or us) but Alfie's goals have dried up, plus there is still a risk he goes in the window & if it's near the end of the window I would rather be prepared in advance.

Like people are saying, our team has a lot of depth and quality but it would be awesome if SG/Wilson could maybe trim 2 to 3 player and replace that with 1 who is good enough to bring something to the squad-Even an EPL type quality loan for 6 months to deepen our team a little more would be a smart move

Would imagine we’ll try to sell jones and loan edmundson, see how he does after playing for 6 months.

Any of Lundstram,Samuel and Johnson on pre contracts sounds like good business if our scouts have indeed identified them as what's required for the squad.

Barjonas Middleton,Jones and Stewart aren't getting game time and need moved out as a result.As mentioned Edmundson might depend on Katic return to fitness and possibly Mayo coming back into the squad.

I'd love to see another wide attacker with pace as an option on loan if possible providing he's good enough.

Jones Edmundson and Stewart out and get Osayi Samuel or Zinckernagel in and look to some precontracts I don't think we'll spend any money unless someone like Morelos leaves
Where did Zinckernagel name come from? Were we linked? He's got incredible numbers this season

What has indicated so far that Barker will go ? He’s in every squad when fit.
Its who I would like to see go.

Barker is like the playground pansy from school who if tackled, shouted at would start crying and be standing in a line with a note from his mum asking to be excused from Games as he had a sore toe.

Been fortunate enough to see real men like Butcher, Gough, Bomber Brown play with the claret gushing out of them or taking a needle so they can dull the pain so as to play for Rangers, that boy Barker would be on the treatment bench if he cut a fingernail down to the quick...imo.

Jones, Edmundson and Stewart will be most likely to move on I’d think. Gerrard always speaks highly of Stewart but not really sure where he fits in now.

Jones, Stewart, Middleton
The likes of King and Dickson are needed for the euro squad so won’t be going anywhere.

If anyone goes it will be Stewart, Jones & Edmundson.
Wouldn't be surprised if Middleton was another.

Middleton, Jones, Edmundson, Barker, Stewart and Barjonas should be shown the door. None of them are good enough long term and it would be good to get dead wood off our books

That frees up wages and let’s us look at bosmans and bringing in a few players on loan

I hope that just put Edmondson out on loan, he still has a future at Ibrox I am sure.
As someone above says, let players go on loan to teams like Aberdeen where they can hurt the Filth and not us.
This has been a tactic of the Filth for years.

The level of player and the performances they delivering right now have left a few in the squad behind.

Edmundson and Jones are gone IMO. They have to be. They are the complete opposite of what we and the manager need right now. Everything we set out to achieve could've been destroyed by these two idiots.

Greg Stewart will barely see a minute of action this season. A loan move to someone in the league would be my guess.

Gerrard doesn't want to get rid of him.

Its who I would like to see go.

Barker is like the playground pansy from school who if tackled, shouted at would start crying and be standing in a line with a note from his mum asking to be excused from Games as he had a sore toe.

Been fortunate enough to see real men like Butcher, Gough, Bomber Brown play with the claret gushing out of them or taking a needle so they can dull the pain so as to play for Rangers, that boy Barker would be on the treatment bench if he cut a fingernail down to the quick...imo.
We won't get rid of Barker until we have a replacement in for him. He's one of the few players we have who naturally play on the wing. I'm not a big fan myself so I'm hoping we can get someone in to replace him.

Another Centre half on loan to cover any potential injuries, as I expect Edmundson to go on loan and Katic needs time to get up to speed. Then pre contracts for the summer, and tie down the squad in new deals.

I thought it was confirmed that we had business continuity insurance.

Why would there be a big impact if that was the case?
Talking about the game in general,It might make teams more reluctant to bid big money

Another Centre half on loan to cover any potential injuries, as I expect Edmundson to go on loan and Katic needs time to get up to speed. Then pre contracts for the summer, and tie down the squad in new deals.
Ye man Edmundson goes then it’s obvious we have a dangerous gap so either Mayo return as 4th CD or more likely a loanee in until summer .

I think we still need power and pace to support our transitions - if there’s funds I feel we should look at that .

pre-contracts for lundstram and Johnson would not be a surprise too , and may be leverage for an early arrival .

our issue could be the poss physical and mental burn-out we experienced the last two seasons due to the early intense demands of the season . That imo remains a major risk in a season where we need to provide for say 4 more Euro games and a cup final , possibly three .

lot to think about in all of that imo

Reactions: TQ3
If we go into January with the same lead or better then I can see our better players not wanting to leave in order to be here for the Title run in.

Stewart won't be going anywhere he's needed for the home grown trained quota for the European squad but he will go in the summer once his contract is up.

Suspect we will see Jones and Edmundson go along with some of the younger players like Barjonas and Middleton. Maybe loan deals somewhere for the likes of Dickson and Dapo.

We should be loaning all the fringe players ( Stewart , edmunson, Jones etc ) to clubs like Aberdeen , hibs and Motherwell

Where did Zinckernagel name come from? Were we linked? He's got incredible numbers this season
Not linked but he's out of contract in January so can get him for nothing 16 goals and 22 assists from right wing this season

Someone mentioned this guy who is OoC next month - what is the background have we been linked ?

It was me but not been linked but 16 goals and 22 assists from right wing is incredible and we can get him for free incredible pace aswell

Seen this popping up a few times today saying that us and them are "interested" in bringing in Jesse Lingard in Jan on loan - prob a load of crap right enough

Back