Brian Rice

Brian Rice seems a decent guy but the situation with Accies is laughable, prime SPFL. In a way it has similarities to Hearts last season with relegation decided in the boardroom (should St Boo or County go down).

That pitch is the only real reason I feel any antipathy towards them. Rice and his fair attitude together with the praise he has heaped upon us at times sees me regarding him and his club more favourably than others. Though truth be told I still regard Scottish football collectively as a shithole.

Rice seems ok

But they are a club who just add to the tinpot nature of the league.

Wouldn't shed a tear if they went under.

Not denying that bud.

What I’m saying is:

if it’s between Hamilton, Livi or Killie - I’d like to see Hamilton stay up.

if it’s between Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross County (ie grass pitches) - then I’ll be happy to see Hamilton gtf.
St Johnstones pitch was an absolute disgrace last season. Hamiltons pitch at least seems like its a consistent bounce and roll.

Quite a week for Accies. 3 points gifted to us by the SPFL, then 3 points won today.

6 points in a week is a big deal at the bottom of the league. We leapfrog St Mirren and Ross County, move out of the relegation spot, and above the play-off spot too.

I’m having a few glasses of wine tonight.

Whilst I don't like their pitch and their setup I like the way they try and play football in every game instead of parking the bus.

I think they will actually start climbing the table now.

St Johnstones pitch was an absolute disgrace last season. Hamiltons pitch at least seems like its a consistent bounce and roll.

Our pitch was/is also a disgrace mate.

Plastic pitches can get to fück as far as I’m concerned. Hamilton being bottom of the list of three to be fair.

FF has told me he's a "good footballing man" so I have to like him apparently.
OR... you could base your opinion on what you think of him based on his comments in the media and the way he sets his team out to play football. Or are you that easily influenced?

Quite a week for Accies. 3 points gifted to us by the SPFL, then 3 points won today.

6 points in a week is a big deal at the bottom of the league. We leapfrog St Mirren and Ross County, move out of the relegation spot, and above the play-off spot too.

I’m having a few glasses of wine tonight.
You'd don't want to go mad! A chilled can of juice from the fridge should suffice.

Our pitch was/is also a disgrace mate.

Plastic pitches can get to fück as far as I’m concerned. Hamilton being bottom of the list of three to be fair.
The pitch being a bit patchy and muddy isnt a disgrace, i think the way we pass and move on the pitch shows theres not a lot wrong with other than visually. St Johnstones was like a ploughed field last year, i was sitting 10ft away from it and tripped over just looking at it.

Im not a fan of plastic pitches in top flight football but being grass doesnt automatically make a pitch better. It needs to be properly maintained.

Would take several teams over them to be promoted. That stadium and pitch are an utter embarrassment.

Delighted to see Kilmarnock slipping down the table. Hope they finish in the bottom 6 and we’re saved another trip there in the split.

Just need St Johnstone to get a result tomorrow to overtake them and put them down to 8th!

They don’t stress about the weeks on end they get pumped as they know they can pick up the 9 or 10 wins they need to stay up over the course of the season.

Having grown up in Ayrshire I once had a soft spot for Killie... until I realised their fans are complete bawbags. I would like nothing more than to see them relegated!
I’ve got nothing against them. Or most clubs, for that matter.

I’m not that keen on either of the Dundee clubs. Or Partick Thistle. Especially Partick Thistle.

But I can rub along with most of the rest.

I’ve got family who are Rangers fans. And my grandfather was an Airdrieonian. And my son plays for Clyde (our local team, these days), at his age group. My English team is Spurs, and I like Crystal Palace because of the McArthur/McCarthy connection, and because they used to be my local team. So they all get plus points.

I’ve got nothing against them. Or most clubs, for that matter.

I’m not that keen on either of the Dundee clubs. Or Partick Thistle. Especially Partick Thistle.

But I can rub along with most of the rest.

I’ve got family who are Rangers fans. And my grandfather was an Airdrieonian. And my son plays for Clyde (our local team, these days), at his age group. My English team is Spurs, and I like Crystal Palace because of the McArthur/McCarthy connection, and because they used to be my local team. So they all get plus points.
What about the mentally challengeds?

The pitch being a bit patchy and muddy isnt a disgrace, i think the way we pass and move on the pitch shows theres not a lot wrong with other than visually. St Johnstones was like a ploughed field last year, i was sitting 10ft away from it and tripped over just looking at it.

Im not a fan of plastic pitches in top flight football but being grass doesnt automatically make a pitch better. It needs to be properly maintained.

There’s absolutely zero justification for plastic pitches in our league no matter how you dress it up.

I’ve got no idea why you brought up a pitch from last season because that’s been and gone and it’s not the same now...... but if we’re speaking about St Johnstone’s pitch from last year..... just look at the state of our pitch last season (February time.... it was as bad as anyone’s)

Grass over plastic all day long for me.

Having grown up in Ayrshire I once had a soft spot for Killie... until I realised their fans are complete bawbags. I would like nothing more than to see them relegated!

Same here. Just behind the poets - Killie are up there with the sheep and Hibs on the cüntometer!

I’ve mellowed slightly on Dundee Utd but that pot will simmer again soon enough.

Back