Rob MacLean

der_hammer10

Gets a lot of hate on here, but whilst everyone has been banging on about Celtic, and only going as far as to compliment Rangers as a “well oiled machine”, Rob MacLean constantly brings the conversation back to Rangers.

How our form is putting Them under constant pressure. Talks up the clean sheet record, the defensive record, the quality of our football, that teams across Europe will be taking notice of us.

Let’s be fair here, no team has produced the quality we are producing domestically and in Europe, in Scotland for a very long time. There is so much good to talk about with Rangers, yet the mentally challenged driven media is focusing on poor Lenny and their team, as opposed to what those shithawks at Sharkhead are up against with this Rangers squad.

MacLean is the one neutral who has been gushing in his praise for us.

On the latest Go Radio he even commented on a miss from McGregor against Milan as being “explained away as a good save on the tv, but for me it was a sitter”.

So anyone that’s willing to call their mob out for how shit they are, and provide genuine praise that is deserved off the back of how we are handling things, is a good guy in my book.

A few more objective pundits like that in Scotland wouldn’t go amiss.

Gets a lot of hate on here, but whilst everyone has been banging on about Celtic, and only going as far as to compliment Rangers as a “well oiled machine”, Rob MacLean constantly brings the conversation back to Rangers.

How our form is putting Them under constant pressure. Talks up the clean sheet record, the defensive record, the quality of our football, that teams across Europe will be taking notice of us.

Let’s be fair here, no team has produced the quality we are producing domestically and in Europe, in Scotland for a very long time. There is so much good to talk about with Rangers, yet the mentally challenged driven media is focusing on poor Lenny and their team, as opposed to what those shithawks at Sharkhead are up against with this Rangers squad.

On the latest Go Radio he even commented on a miss from McGregor against Milan as being “explained away as a good save on the tv, but for me it was a sitter”.

So anyone that’s willing to call their mob out for how shit they are, and provide genuine praise that is deserved off the back of how we are handling things, is a good guy in my book.

Sorry mate, but you are engaging in turd polishing. :p

I know I'll be in a minority on here, but I agree with you.

He's been very complimentary and fair with his Europa commentaries.

Man yeah? Now STFU.

Ffs mate he sounds absolutely gutted every goal we score.Just listen to the Benfica game in Portugal.He was all chipper when we were trailing and when we led he sounded like he was commentating a funeral.Guys a Rangers hating wanker.Telling the truth about us doesn’t mean he likes us.We are pissing all over them and he can’t hide the facts.

I don’t enjoy his work tbh and while he has great favour in bbc Scotland from the darkside I do not believe he is the warped dangerous sort wrt Rangers .
I think he is more the weathervane type , he will go with those that look after his needs . I really don’t think he is a vicious hater like many others . this is partly based on being in a social situation that we were both in a couple of times .

Last edited:
I thought he supported Ross County but reported on Aberdeen for years when working for Grampian telly.

Definitely Aberdeen mate.

I've met him a couple of times.

Certainly had no axe to grind with us, although he was sitting with a table of Bears. :))

get to fuck, he is an absolute dyed in the wool moon howling mentally challenged bastard

Neutral?

He fùcking hates Rangers!

Ffs mate he sounds absolutely gutted every goal we score.Just listen to the Benfica game in Portugal.He was all chipper when we were trailing and when we led he sounded like he was commentating a funeral.Guys a Rangers hating wanker.Telling the truth about us doesn’t mean he likes us.We are pissing all over them and he can’t hide the facts.

Utterly mental the hate he gets on here. There's absolutely no proof he's a Rangers hater. I've heard tons of his commentary over the years and genuinely he sounds dour the vast majority of the time no matter who's playing.

here's a neutral commentator doing a Rangers game, I know Pearce can be a bit of a pain but at least he sounds interested in the game, long time ago I know ;)

why do we always have to get MacLean? surely there must be some English commentator that can come up and do a job for a few hours at Ibrox or on an away game. I can only suggest maybe the problem is Covid possibly? Don't want that gimp Rory either, it's pretty obvious who he supports

I watched the highlights of the game the other day and MacLean just doesn't sound interested at all, it's bad enough he sounds like he's been told his dug has been run over with Rangers goals but he just sounds like he's phoning in a commentary

" Leave the sheep alone ".

They might look good in a curry, but watch you don't get sooked in.

How many beers?
tenor.gif

The same Rangers hating Rob McLean that was commentating on St Mirren v Aberdeen today for AberdeenTV?

he is a scumbag, you can hear the disdain in his voice on a almost weekly basis for BT Sports, note Roofes goal in Belgium

Hes horrific, and a Rangers hater

His commentary for Roofes half way line goal almost lead him to tears

Should be toed squarely in the nuts every time he says 'good ball-winning'. I don't know where he got the expression from, but it does my tits in.

The same Rangers hating Rob McLean that was commentating on St Mirren v Aberdeen today for AberdeenTV?

he is a scumbag, you can hear the disdain in his voice on a almost weekly basis for BT Sports, note Roofes goal in Belgium

Freelance commentator in doing commentary work shocker.

This place is unbearable at times honestly. If someone doesn't declare their undying love for Rangers on a weekly basis they're a Rangers hater.

Hi Rob!

Only joking, he’ll be the least of the targets when the medicine comes out hopefully in May!

Years ago my son and his mates who were around 12 years old went to watch Stirling Albion v Hibs in a cup match and McLean was doing commentry, got talking to him and told him they were all Rangers fans to which he replies "so am i" might have just been trying to be friendly but who knows.

are we debating on how much Rob Maclean gets excited or not during commentary

he has the same droll monotone voice on any match

"aye but his voice is extra monotone on our matches"
would actually agree with that, he was crap doing Sportscene as well

no idea how he keeps getting jobs to do football when he's got a poor voice for it, unless it's because he doesn't like us

I listen to Go Radio and there’s been no sign of “hating Rangers” in his comments. As the OP says, he’s not afraid to have a go at Celtic either when excuses are being made for them. There’s actually been a number of times he’s called out their excuses when nobody else did.

I don’t mind him as a commentator.

“Sharkhead”

Brilliant.

Back