Id like to buy rangers shares

You can’t mate. You’d have to acquire off another shareholder unless there’s a share issue and they offer them to you, which unless you’re going to buy a lot won’t happen.

Then your only way is to buy from a private party/seller..... (ie the way c1872 is allegedly doing with Dave King where the club don’t get the money so to speak). I’m not sure how you go about doing so. I would imagine any shareholders on here hold shares of a sentimental value therefore wouldn’t sell. Hopefully someone comes along with details for a broker/stock exchange.

If you did currently have shares (and assuming you wanted more), I’d imagine it could be as easy as calling the club, saying you’re an existing shareholder and you want to buy more shares. They’d then quickly point you in the right direction/department.

You need to wait for a share issue to buy directly. I’ve got some through Hargreaves Lansdown.

I managed to get 200 shares last Dec. Some months previously I contacted a stockbroker in Glasgow called Redmayne Bentley and asked about buying Rangers shares.
I knew you could only buy shares being sold by current shareholders , this being the case they took my details and said they would contact me if they knew of any being available.
Last Dec they got in contact to say they were selling 1,000 shares on behalf of the family of a shareholder who had passed away.
They said that there was so much interest that they were selling the shares on a first come first shared basis and allowing a maximum of 200 per sale.
So if anyone is wanting to buy shares I would suggest registering your interest. All you can do then is wait. Redmayne Bentley told me when I contacted them that shares do come on to the market from time to time , so it's worth doing.
I can also add that they were excellent to deal with , so best of luck to all you potential shareholders.

Then your only way is to buy from a private party/seller..... (ie the way c1872 is allegedly doing with Dave King where the club don’t get the money so to speak). I’m not sure how you go about doing so. I would imagine any shareholders on here hold shares of a sentimental value therefore wouldn’t sell. Hopefully someone comes along with details for a broker/stock exchange.

If you did currently have shares (and assuming you wanted more), I’d imagine it could be as easy as calling the club, saying you’re an existing shareholder and you want to buy more shares. They’d then quickly point you in the right direction/department.

Thank you

I wouldn't mind some in my name. Have donated to 1872 in past but would rather have my own if I wanted to chip in.

I managed to get 200 shares last Dec. Some months previously I contacted a stockbroker in Glasgow called Redmayne Bentley and asked about buying Rangers shares.
I knew you could only buy shares being sold by current shareholders , this being the case they took my details and said they would contact me if they knew of any being available.
Last Dec they got in contact to say they were selling 1,000 shares on behalf of the family of a shareholder who had passed away.
They said that there was so much interest that they were selling the shares on a first come first shared basis and allowing a maximum of 200 per sale.
So if anyone is wanting to buy shares I would suggest registering your interest. All you can do then is wait. Redmayne Bentley told me when I contacted them that shares do come on to the market from time to time , so it's worth doing.
I can also add that they were excellent to deal with , so best of luck to all you potential shareholders.
How much did they sell per share, if you don’t mind me asking?

This
All day long
I bought 500 quids worth in the first issue i think i got 714 shares and maybe 500 shares in the 2nd allocation i cant remember what i paid for the 2nd lot, if you want to sort out whatever has to be done legally i will gladly transfer you 200 free of charge, regardless if they were worth a penny or 100 quid per share i would never sell.
Have a look into it and get back to me, no rush mate i will hold them for you.

I send you the details on what's app of the firm that dealt with purchasing mine.

It was the price per share then what they charged for brokering, set price either 1 or 1000 shares.

They were really helpful.

Of course my were from Rangers share issue and yours will be from private seller.

I think Club1872 should give a nominal amount, say 10 shares, to everyone taking up the new membership. That way you get to at least feel part of Rangers belongs to you. The RST used to give you a single share on joining and, for me at least, that was a big incentive.
Did we not hand over our shares to Club1872 to use as a block ?
I know I went and bought more so that I could attend the agm ?

Think they were around 70p per share , that was a year ago , no idea what they are trading at just now.
Think Dave King said his average was 23p including purchase costs so I expect that's not too far off. But I think he also said he thought the underlying value was closer to 50p so maybe somewhere in between? It's impossible to know - the club is still loss making but has valuable assets. Shares in an unlisted company are only really worth anything where you have either control or a ready market. Otherwise you can't do much with them or guarantee selling them. Don't think I would ever look at football club shares as an investment (not in Scotland anyway) so the share price is irrelevant.

Think Dave King said his average was 23p including purchase costs so I expect that's not too far off. But I think he also said he thought the underlying value was closer to 50p so maybe somewhere in between? It's impossible to know - the club is still loss making but has valuable assets. Shares in an unlisted company are only really worth anything where you have either control or a ready market. Otherwise you can't do much with them or guarantee selling them. Don't think I would ever look at football club shares as an investment (not in Scotland anyway) so the share price is irrelevant.
Exactly , I didn't buy them as an investment , I bought them because I wanted to have a wee part of the club I love.

I bought 500 quids worth in the first issue i think i got 714 shares and maybe 500 shares in the 2nd allocation i cant remember what i paid for the 2nd lot, if you want to sort out whatever has to be done legally i will gladly transfer you 200 free of charge, regardless if they were worth a penny or 100 quid per share i would never sell.

Superb gesture mate

That’s why WATP

Think they were around 70p per share , that was a year ago , no idea what they are trading at just now.
They were 70p a share on the IPO I bought 714 share for £500. I'm sure the last time on the stock market list it was about 27p a share.

I will happily accept your offer
However if you will not accept any money i will pay what they are worth to Rangers Youth Development

Im just about to start a nightshift
Ill PM you after the match tomorrow if that is ok.

I am so chuffed at this

Thank you so much

Nash

I will happily accept your offer
However if you will not accept any money i will pay what they are worth to Rangers Youth Development

Im just about to start a nightshift
Ill PM you after the match tomorrow if that is ok.

I am so chuffed at this

Thank you so much

Nash
No probs, between here and Rangers Media a fair few posters have done me good turns (badges/fanzines and other bits) not one person requesting anything but a donation to Erskine.
So life is all about fairness and the job RSEA do is off the scale good so you and your guys deserve a tickle now and then.

As others have said, Redmayne Bentley are where to go.

I bought a couple of hundred pounds worth when we were trying to get rid of the Spivs. I figured every little helped.

I do distinctly remember at the time the chap on the phone telling me he had to advise me this was not a financially sound investment :))

You need to wait for a share issue to buy directly. I’ve got some through Hargreaves Lansdown.
Really??? They told me they weren’t able to complete my purchase, JP Jenkins is the only authorised trader??
Not amused if they’ve told me some porkies.

I think Club1872 should give a nominal amount, say 10 shares, to everyone taking up the new membership. That way you get to at least feel part of Rangers belongs to you. The RST used to give you a single share on joining and, for me at least, that was a big incentive.

I couldn't agree more.

Really??? They told me they weren’t able to complete my purchase, JP Jenkins is the only authorised trader??
Not amused if they’ve told me some porkies.
This was about four or five years ago to be fair mate.

I thought I read that Dave King quoted shares were worth 67p and he would sell to c1872 for 20/23p

Back