Why Do The Puddle drinker's Not Like Arfields Celebration

I absolutely love the last night of the Proms. Wonderful institution of Great Britishness.

It absolutely bugs the hell out of me that the faux offended BBC apologists exclude this rousing chorus from the Glasgow Green event in case it faux offends the mentally challengeds.

Phuck them, I say. Don’t go to the event if it’ll offend you.

The boy in my office is fuming, he's not saying much, but I know he's not happy. I'm not really the type to press and prod, but he knows that I know :D

They absolutely hate us thats why,we live in they're wee mentally challenged minds rent-free,when we win 55 it will finish them,they may never recover and for me it cant come quick enough!!

Because they will see it as a link to the British Army, and we know how much they hate anything British...... wonder if they ever have conversations as to why they continue to live here.

Arfield may not know this and I’m CERTAIN that the puddle drinkers don’t, but our Scotty’s salute is a Naval salute.
The Army and Air Force traditionally show more of the palm. It’s a historic thing to do with the Naval guys shielding the rope burns and stains from the Officers, as it wasn’t aesthetically pleasing.

Yes, I am a geek.

Last edited:
Arfield hasn’t thought that much about the salute, whether it be a British Army or Navy one or whatever.

He started it after he scored for us in Villarreal. The Bears were miles up in the top tier at La Madrigal and he did the sign to look up as if to say “I can see you” to us. That has since become the Arfield salute :))

They had him down as a "Boyhood Celtic Fan", kills them to see how much he enjoys being one of the good guys and sticking the boot into the mentally challenged bastards!

I've always loved that line in that song, it's perfect to encapsulate the bravery and resilience of the British serviceman, in our understated way. Steady boys, steady.
The preceding line is better tbf
"We always are ready" ;)

Went down the youtube rabbit hole and was watchinf the field gun runs at the Royal tournament. Used to go with my dad and watch Portsmouth practice. Great memories and a shame they stopped it

Heard this a few times now.

I've no idea. Lol
Do you actually give a f-:k !
It’s a fabulous celebration and I can guarantee that our Military service personnel past and present Love it as I and probably every other Bear on the planet does.

Back