Rob MacLean

Go listen to his reaction of Villarreal's opening goal from a couple years back. A good goal for sure, but compare it to the excitement of the Roofe goal.
Listened to it - yeah a bit more vocal there but I don’t know what that proves? Maybe because it was 45 seconds after kick-off or maybe he’d just had a really good paella with Ally before the game. All I’m saying is I know for a fact he doesn’t hate us and agree he could do with injecting some life in to his commentary. Your entitled to your opinion, but I don’t think nit picking at certain bits of commentary proves anything when I’ve known the guy for 20+ years. He was equally as dour when Standard scored during the week.

Gets a lot of hate on here, but whilst everyone has been banging on about Celtic, and only going as far as to compliment Rangers as a “well oiled machine”, Rob MacLean constantly brings the conversation back to Rangers.

How our form is putting Them under constant pressure. Talks up the clean sheet record, the defensive record, the quality of our football, that teams across Europe will be taking notice of us.

Let’s be fair here, no team has produced the quality we are producing domestically and in Europe, in Scotland for a very long time. There is so much good to talk about with Rangers, yet the mentally challenged driven media is focusing on poor Lenny and their team, as opposed to what those shithawks at Sharkhead are up against with this Rangers squad.

MacLean is the one neutral who has been gushing in his praise for us.

On the latest Go Radio he even commented on a miss from McGregor against Milan as being “explained away as a good save on the tv, but for me it was a sitter”.

So anyone that’s willing to call their mob out for how shit they are, and provide genuine praise that is deserved off the back of how we are handling things, is a good guy in my book.

A few more objective pundits like that in Scotland wouldn’t go amiss.
Me and my big mucker were fortunate to meet this r sole enroute to the game away to UFA over in Russia and we made his journey as uncomfortable as possible.
We met him on a couple of occasions along the same travel route and each time it was like pulling teeth to try and get even a smile out the c-nt, he efin hates us with every breath and I hope he dumps hedge hogs for the rest of his biased little existence while watching his beloved kiddy fiddling team implode !

Last edited:
I know Rob and his family well and while he unfortunately lacks excitement in his commentary, he’s far from a Rangers hater. Ross County fan from Invergorden and really doesn’t have a dog in the fight between us or them. His kids/wife are supporters of them but both as far from bitter as you could meet. In fact they are accepting of how impressive we’ve been and pretty resigned to the fact we have them over a barrel just now. Rob himself is just doing his job, in fact he’s particularly happy we are doing well as it keeps him in a gig with BT and he’s been effusive in his praise for us when speaking to him. Agree he’s very dour on commentary and that seems to be his way, very little excitement even at huge moments (see roofe goal, aribo vs braga etc.) Its not great to hear and we could do with better, but to crucify him as a bitter Rangers hater on here the way some do on here is laughable. The fact most Celtic fans see him in the same light tells you everything. Not great to listen too, but far from a hater.
Wont disagree with you DTC, 'Dour Rob' seems to be the norm, but we compare with 'Rory Lickspittle' who gets excited with a corner for Them... would just wish our sky/bt/bbc/premier commentators would just enjoy/celebrate the game for how it turns out

Wont disagree with you DTC, 'Dour Rob' seems to be the norm, but we compare with 'Rory Lickspittle' who gets excited with a corner for Them... would just wish our sky/bt/bbc/premier commentators would just enjoy/celebrate the game for how it turns out
Agree with you regarding Rory Hamilton, it’s pretty clear. We could certainly do with an improvement on our games, though It’s been nice to see the likes of Daryl Currie and Emma Dodds sticking some subtle jabs in when they can on the presenting front. Not hanging him out to dry as he fights our corner but Alex Rae isn’t the best. Would love to see Kevin Thomson on our European games for BT - he’d be going just as mental as us when Roofe shafted Standard! Can’t remember who commentated on our 2008 run (English guy), but he seemed to be just as excited about us scoring and really added to the games.

Last edited:
Gets a lot of hate on here, but whilst everyone has been banging on about Celtic, and only going as far as to compliment Rangers as a “well oiled machine”, Rob MacLean constantly brings the conversation back to Rangers.

How our form is putting Them under constant pressure. Talks up the clean sheet record, the defensive record, the quality of our football, that teams across Europe will be taking notice of us.

Let’s be fair here, no team has produced the quality we are producing domestically and in Europe, in Scotland for a very long time. There is so much good to talk about with Rangers, yet the mentally challenged driven media is focusing on poor Lenny and their team, as opposed to what those shithawks at Sharkhead are up against with this Rangers squad.

On the latest Go Radio he even commented on a miss from McGregor against Milan as being “explained away as a good save on the tv, but for me it was a sitter”.

So anyone that’s willing to call their mob out for how shit they are, and provide genuine praise that is deserved off the back of how we are handling things, is a good guy in my book.

No bother Rob

Agree with you regarding Rory Hamilton, it’s pretty clear. We could certainly do with an improvement on our games, though It’s been nice to see the likes of Daryl Currie and Emma Dodds sticking some subtle jabs in when they can on the presenting front. Not hanging him out to dry as he fights our corner but Alex Rae isn’t the best. Would love to see Kevin Thomson on our European games for BT - he’d be going just as mental as us when Roofe shafted Standard! Can’t remember who commentated on our 2008 UEFA run (English guy), but he seemed to be just as excited about us scoring and really added to the games.
Peter Drury & former Liverpool & Republic of Ireland intermational Jim Beglin

The thing about him is his patter with Alex Rea about being booked for every challenge he made as a player or “ he wouldn’t last five minutes these days” is as predictable and tiresome as ever, its cr@p in all honesty.

I can't say i've ever noticed him being negative during our games as I'm always too engrossed in the game to listen to the commentators...

I listen to the Go Radio Football show & he literally couldn't be any further up our/Stevie G's arse.

Not doubting the folk saying he's a Rangers hater, but I've just never witnessed it myself.

Me and my big mucker were fortunate to meet this r sole enroute to the game away to UFA over in Russia and we made his journey as uncomfortable as possible.
We met him on a couple of occasions along the same travel route and each time it was like pulling teeth to try and get even a smile out the c-nt, he efin hates us with every breath and I hope he dumps hedge hogs for the rest of his biased little existence while watching his beloved kiddy fiddling team implode !
You, and your big mucker, sound like good ambassadors for the Rangers support abroad.

It's hilarious that you even think that he'd even give the you the time of day never mind a smile considering your previous statement

I don't get that level of hate for a commentator doing his job tbh

Some people spend too much time hating people for ridiculously trivial reasons & could maybe do with anger management therapy.

Other than being a boring lady's front bottom on commentary, does anyone have any concrete evidence of him hating us?

What evidence is there of this? Concrete evidence. Did you read it on here?

No matter who they are, I wouldmt bother anyone on their travels. mentally challenged behaviour.

You, and your big mucker, sound like good ambassadors for the Rangers support abroad.

It's hilarious that you even think that he'd even give the you the time of day never mind a smile considering your previous statement

I don't get that level of hate for a commentator doing his job tbh

Some people spend too much time hating people for ridiculously trivial reasons & could maybe do with anger management therapy.
Embarrassing really. Sounds like he expects some staunch points off fellow posters.

I know Rob and his family well and while he unfortunately lacks excitement in his commentary, he’s far from a Rangers hater. Ross County fan from Invergorden and really doesn’t have a dog in the fight between us or them. His kids/wife are supporters of them but both as far from bitter as you could meet. In fact they are accepting of how impressive we’ve been and pretty resigned to the fact we have them over a barrel just now. Rob himself is just doing his job and particularly happy we are doing well as it keeps him in a gig with BT and he’s been effusive in his praise for us when speaking to him. Agree he’s very dour on commentary and that seems to be his way, very little excitement even at huge moments (see roofe goal, aribo vs braga etc.) Its not great to hear and we could do with better, but to crucify him as a bitter Rangers hater the way some do on here is laughable. The fact most Celtic fans see him in the same light tells you everything. Not great to listen too, but far from a hater.
Aye but loads of posters told other posters that he is a Rangers hater therefore he is MOST DEFINITELY a Rangers hater.

People cant think indepentsndly for themselves anymore, copying each others sound bites like sheep.

Free advice, for those complaining about rob mclean, or any other commentator for that matter, just turn the volume down.

Problem solved:)

Aye but loads of posters told other posters that he is a Rangers hater therefore he is MOST DEFINITELY a Rangers hater.

People cant think indepentsndly for themselves anymore, copying each others sound bites like sheep.
The FF group think is a sight to behold albeit not in a particularly edifying way.

here's a neutral commentator doing a Rangers game, I know Pearce can be a bit of a pain but at least he sounds interested in the game, long time ago I know ;)

why do we always have to get MacLean? surely there must be some English commentator that can come up and do a job for a few hours at Ibrox or on an away game. I can only suggest maybe the problem is Covid possibly? Don't want that gimp Rory either, it's pretty obvious who he supports

I watched the highlights of the game the other day and MacLean just doesn't sound interested at all, it's bad enough he sounds like he's been told his dug has been run over with Rangers goals but he just sounds like he's phoning in a commentary
Rod, birch and cane - pubic schoolboy ?

I started the thread because I’ve listened to MacLean talking as a pundit this season, and he has backed us big time every time I’ve heard him speak. More than any other pundit I’ve heard this year, because they aren’t giving Rangers the time of day. It’s all about the manky mob for them.

The overwhelming majority of comments on this thread are that MacLean is a bitter Rangers hating bastard, because he’s not screaming from the rooftops when he’s commentating on our games. And that’s the only evidence.

All I ask is that pundits are fair when it comes to Rangers. The evidence is clear that we are on fire, and he recognises it, and doesn’t go out of his way to deflect the problems going on at Celtic, like most do.

I agree with this. Any time I've heard him on Go Radio he's been very complimentary to Rangers. In fact that goes for all the pundits I've heard on their football show.

Is it just me or do I think he just lists what the OP said in the hope that it starts to change. Like “Rangers always keep clean sheets” hoping to curse it. Anyway, he is a crap commentator- no enthusiasm. He saw Roofe’s goal live in Liege and hardly reacted

Back