The Thumb - "we've still got the better squad"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think guys like your good self are saving up excuses for when we inevitably drop some points.
" It wiz aw King's fault" type of stuff.
It's really quite pathetic.
Pipe down ya dafty. It's simply a comment on the article. I'm 100% grateful to Dave King as most Bears for what's he done and am under no illusions we'll eventually slip up and I'll support the team just the same.

No rangers star could make the Celtic 11.. hahaha piss off leigh you canny even make the Celtic bench mate

Who!? In previous seasons, maybe I'd have said one or two but this season so far not a single one would make our starting 11.
Eduard, possibly Macgregor for 2. They are dire at the moment due to mismanagement, but they are decent players. IF they were at our club, with decent management and leadership, they'd be starters. But, thankfully they have Lennon, so they are not even half of what they are this season.

that's good coming from him .hes got alot more to worry him than who's got the better squad but as usual we are in their heads

What really rubs me up the wrong way is anytime anybody associated with Rangers says something, or we celebrate a win it is turned against us with headlines that we are "celebrating like we had won the European Cup." Sutton, Griffiths, Record, Sun all come out with this shit. When they say or have a big win it is called a rallying cry or putting down a marker. You just know that journalists already have the headlines written for the next time they have a big win.
Correct.

Goalie: wouldn’t have any of theirs
Defenders; wouldn’t have any of theirs
Midfield; McGregor fo the bench
Forwards; Edouard

and that’s a big maybe.

To be fair to the wee junkie Ned, he’s backing his own team mates, what do you expect him to say? Well to be honest like - McGregor, Tav, Barisic and Goldson would get in our back five for a start :))

To be fair to the wee junkie Ned, he’s backing his own team mates, what do you expect him to say? Well to be honest like - McGregor, Tav, Barisic and Goldson would get in our back five for a start :))
Yes but he doesn’t even acknowledge we’re good

I just wish Dave King had kept quiet in the first place to be honest.

He’s done an amazing job for the club but this was an amateur error that Gerrard is ensuring the players aren’t making.

Don’t give them the ammunition.

As much as I hate the ba5@%rd, and as much as his statement is objectively ridiculous, you would be unlikely to find many current players saying they would rather have players from their rivals than their own team mates...

I just wish Dave King had kept quiet in the first place to be honest.

He’s done an amazing job for the club but this was an amateur error that Gerrard is ensuring the players aren’t making.

Don’t give them the ammunition.
What, maintain a dignified silence! :)

Just think that with the season less than half way through, nothing won and the memories of collapses after very promising signs over the past 2 years that this interview was ill timed.

Stuff like that can only give motivation to the other lot.

Not being negative but realistic one slip up from us and its very much game on in the League. Know I'd feel the same if roles were reversed
Totally agree. At times King is no better than Romanov when it comes to saying things he knows the fans want to hear. Does the team no help at all and can motivate the others. Same happened with Gerrard in his first season when we drew with Aberdeen and SG said Aberdeen were not as good as us. We struggled against them after that.

They are playing poorly but are definitely not a bad team and simple quotes like this can help turn things around for them by annoying players who want to show he was wrong.
They definitely have some better players than we do so it isn't impossible to turn things round and we could slip up. Not much in the squads but we have a slightly better rear guard they are probably stronger in attack.

Not a chance that wee junkie gets through the christmas period without punting and snorting then ends up back on the bench

Leigh Griffiths
Keeping it behind the fence.
December 2020.

Sponsored by Primark and formerly the Jeremy Kyle show .

He said: “Listen, they can talk however they like. We keep everything in house.

Like their manager questioning players mentality and throwing them under the bus after losing, on more than one occasion.

Fans rioting after a loss last week

Club putting up a fence to keep fans away from ground

Deffo sounds like keeping everything in house that
The thick wee twats very comments are a direct contradiction to keeping it in house .

As soon as we saw King had been giving interviews we knew it was going to give them something to cling to.

His comments could have been a lot worse to be fair, but the timing was still terrible.

Hopefully the manager has used his relationship with him to tell him any comments like that are extremely unhelpful.
King is the Rangers chairman, if he come out and said we have no chance of winning the league then we would be raging?

the fact is that we have caught up with them regardless of the final status of the league and they can’t handle it

As much as I hate the ba5@%rd, and as much as his statement is objectively ridiculous, you would be unlikely to find many current players saying they would rather have players from their rivals than their own team mates...
That’s not his reasoning though here is it?

‘We keep everything in house’

you are literally contradicting yourself by stating in a interview not one Rangers player would get in the Celtic squad

that boy is as ugly as he is glaiket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back