Crucial period ahead

Maybe but it will be a phrase that the gaffer will be hammering into the squad
Quite right too. That's their job.
We on the other hand are supporters. We are allowed to speculate, to dream. We are allowed to talk about more than one game at a time. We are allowed to derive pleasure from the plight of the smellies-it doesn't make us obsessed.
And doing this does not make the slightest difference to the outcome of any match. If folks are more comfortable with the 'one game at a time' mantra, fine. That doesn't mean we are more likely to win the next game any more than me wearing my lucky pants does.
We've spent far too long being kicked, criticised and pilloried for me not to enjoy this to the absolute fulllest.
So if 'one game at a time' is your thing, great. Would it be alright if the rest could just get on with our speculative chit chat? We'll see you when you get to the party, we'll even keep you a seat.
When travelling, often the journey is as exciting the destination.
WATP

We don’t “need”. We hope. It would strengthen our grip. They “need”. We don’t “need”. That is the scoreboard pressure.
If you want to be pedantic they don't need to either as it's still within their hands even if they drop points before us.

My point was we lose some / a lot of the scoreboard pressure if we drop points before they do.

If we draw on Sunday and win they'll believe they are really only 3 behind if they win games in hand. That's not a lot at this stage in the season.

If you want to be pedantic they don't need to either as it's still within their hands even if they drop points before us.

My point was we lose some / a lot of the scoreboard pressure if we drop points before they do.

If we draw on Sunday and win they'll believe they are really only 3 behind if they win games in hand. That's not a lot at this stage in the season.
They can believe they’re only 3 points behind. That wouldn’t be true though.

This upcoming away fixture v Ross County will tell us a lot IMO

In recent times we'd potentially drop points and lower our performance for a fixture like this.

County just off the back of an historic win v the tims, we've just had a very draining European match.

If we can fly out the traps and show hunger and desire in this game, it will set us up perfectly for the battles ahead IMO

I think we'll batter Ross County. Realistically they're relegation fodder and they've been struggling all season.

The tougher games with be St Johnstone away and maybe even Dundee Utd. Think we'll beat Hibs comfortably at Ibrox.

Quite right too. That's their job.
We on the other hand are supporters. We are allowed to speculate, to dream. We are allowed to talk about more than one game at a time. We are allowed to derive pleasure from the plight of the smellies-it doesn't make us obsessed.
And doing this does not make the slightest difference to the outcome of any match. If folks are more comfortable with the 'one game at a time' mantra, fine. That doesn't mean we are more likely to win the next game any more than me wearing my lucky pants does.
We've spent far too long being kicked, criticised and pilloried for me not to enjoy this to the absolute fulllest.
So if 'one game at a time' is your thing, great. Would it be alright if the rest could just get on with our speculative chit chat? We'll see you when you get to the party, we'll even keep you a seat.
When travelling, often the journey is as exciting the destination.
WATP
Crack on buddy. Enjoy.
I am enjoying where we are and am quietly confident. I enjoy the aftermath of the games but then I remind myself that we have been here before. Id rather just keep my power dry at the moment.
End of the day, despite their poor form in Europe and going out the cup, they are still on our coat tails.
We need to shake them off.
I will celebrate and party like the best of them but at the moment I am keeping it calm.
If people want to dream, fair play. I hope they enjoy it.
End of the day we all want to see Tav raise the league trophy above his head.

It's the old cliché, but yer spot on mate.
I'm the same defo in the one game at a time camp. I can genuinely say I'm not thinking about anything other than the Ross county game. That's my focus.

Sunday is a huge game. Can Ross County match the standards of last weekend? Can we raise our levels after last night.

I think it’ll be a tight game.

I would take a right scrappy 0-1 win right now.

There officially isn’t one. Only the Tims have made a point about heading off to Dubai for a 4 day camp
Now the question you have to ask is this, teams can travel abroad to play games, but are they allowed to travel purely for training, sunshine break. If not then surely a 2 week quarantine awaits.

I think we'll batter Ross County. Realistically they're relegation fodder and they've been struggling all season.

The tougher games with be St Johnstone away and maybe even Dundee Utd. Think we'll beat Hibs comfortably at Ibrox.
I’m relaxed about it

One game at a time.

And stay in Glasgow for the full season, no winter jaunts, just full focus on the now routine

The key thing for me about Sunday is the chance to pile more pressure on them, as we play first. They'll be praying we slip up, but if we just keep focussed and get the win they are under huge pressure to do the same. And we all know how they are handling things at the moment

Tims have organised one, apparently that is why they asked for their game with Hibs to be put on hold till the Monday.
Seen this. Apparently hibs not happy as they didn’t agree to it. I’d assume we are just laying low? Dubai didn’t treat us well last season o_O

If we’re 14 points ahead before they kick a ball on Sunday what little confidence and belief they have will be even more battered on and off the park. The polis’ riot squad will be looking out their batons and shields. Luvvly.
If we go 14 points ahead before they’ve even kicked off, what’s the odds on major disorder outside the ground before they even take to the pitch .

There will be games where we dont start with the intensity that we have been showing, if managed with a bit of guile and good timing we can do it. A second wind will kick in and I think we could well prove unstoppable, one game at a time. I love this team :)

St Johnstone will cause them problems.
I really hope this is the case but they will be out to make a point after all the recent events.
We are going to have to win this league the hard way, but it would be great if more teams could turn up against them that is for sure.

I really hope this is the case but they will be out to make a point after all the recent events.
We are going to have to win this league the hard way, but it would be great if more teams could turn up against them that is for sure.
Do you not think they’ve been trying to make that point for the last half dozen games or more

Do you not think they’ve been trying to make that point for the last half dozen games or more
Yes I hear what you are saying and agree and long make their poor form continue. However, I do feel they will do whatever it takes to get a result i.e. cheat at every opportunity.

Don’t remember if this is the thread that had the “mammoth effort” crowd. But these same fans realise County are 1 point off the bottom of the table having lost over half their matches?

It’s a boring cliche but one game at a time. We’re capable of winning every game - we just need to go in to each game with the right mindset and tick the games off as we have been doing.

We have a tough run through to the end of January in the league - we need to see where we are after that and take it from there.

This is now game 5 of the European group games over, and we have negotiated the Sunday game with ease. We are breaking that old mould, and setting a new standard.
I believe the league games will get easier, in the sense that teams will be fearing a doing before they get on their bus, no more fancying a result against us, just worrying about how many they concede.
Keep this run up, and we will have them all terrified before a ball is kicked.

Looking at the fixtures we definately have a lot harder fixtures between now and March ( especially jan) . I’m still not going to get too excited until we get through all these fixtures

...and one that is perhaps more crucial off the pitch.

On paper both teams should win their games before we host the crash barrier dismantling crash barriers.

But....not a man jack among us has any peace of mind about winter breaks, Jan/Feb fixtures etc. We all have to hope that the manager, coaches and players don't share any such fears or superstitions. Form is fine, squad deep, confidence high, but we need to stay calm and dismiss the "we're crap after the New Year" stuff that haunts us all.

I cannot see much stopping us ON the pitch.
Big difference is Roofe, Itten and a fit Defoe.
Last January, Morelos was off form and our only fit striker.

Looking at the fixtures we definately have a lot harder fixtures between now and March ( especially jan) . I’m still not going to get too excited until we get through all these fixtures
December and January fixtures are brutal, if we reach Feb with the decent lead in tact we will win the league.

Today is a first step forward in some tricky away games.
I feel Thursday will take care of itself and next Sunday against Utd is a big one, we really need to put them to the sword.
When was the last time we played them?

Back