Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

MrStruth

As the one on the old forum appears to be gone for good perhaps its an idea to start

free photo upload
Ibrox201585216852.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the great photos JohnKP. Also good to see a proper lap of honour with the players at the run holding up the trophy. Much better imo than the modern version of a stroll round the park with assorted weans in tow.
Spot on, TMC. Those were the days!

Look at the crowd outside the St Enoch Hotel in the last photo. That's more than a lot of SPFL teams get at their games now.

I was there as a 12 year old who'd travelled to Ibrox from Castlemilk on my own.

My parents obviously could give a f uck about me as it was them that decked me from head to toe in blue and sent me on my way. The auld man must've been gagging for his Nat King.

It was pissing down if memory serves.
It certainly was, SM.

The very first picture in this thread - who did the Gers play in that game?
They were applauding the Celtic team (well except Baxter that is, who looked rather nonchalant about the whole thing ) after they had recorded a European win I believe.

They were applauding the Celtic team (well except Baxter that is, who looked rather nonchalant about the whole thing ) after they had recorded a European win I believe.
Cant find a game from then that Ian McMillan and Jim Forrest played in the same team

This picture must have been taken between 1962-1963 when Jim Forrest made his debut and 1964 when Ian McMillan left. Mr. Struth, are you sure it was not something as simple as a Celtic team turning up for another hammering?

Some additional information : if that was before a Celtic game, it is likely to have been the quarter final of 1963-1964. And as suspected, we won (2-0) with Jim Forrest scoring just before half time and Willie Henderson just after half time.

Last edited:
I was there as a 12 year old who'd travelled to Ibrox from Castlemilk on my own.

My parents obviously couldn't give a f uck about me as it was them that decked me out from head to toe in blue and sent me on my way. The auld man must've been gagging for his Nat King.

It was pissing down if memory serves.

My mum and my sister were at Ibrox that Thursday night in the pouring rain.
Got the 34 bus from Croftfoot.
Dad and myself were still on our way home from Barcelona.
Still never seen the cup apart from pictures after all those years.

This is a magnificent thread, please keep it going.

Back