The Zungu substitution

How much will he cost if we buy him at the end of the season?
before coming to us He was meant to be heading to la liga for €5 mil and had a medical but it collapsed not too sure why

£3.5 mill is the fee that was reported for us I'm sure

before coming to us He was meant to be heading to la liga for €5 mil and had a medical but it collapsed not too sure why

On what we've seen so far he's not worth anything close to £3.5M but I'm sure Gerrard knows best and hopefully if we do sign him he comes onto a real game once he's fully settled in.

That will be the end of our interest then I imagine unless he really shows us what he's made of in the next couple of months.

We're not going to get a real handle on this guy's ability untill he sees a lot more game time.

For me the manager is picking the correct midfield and can't be faulted for that. All Zungu can do is grab any opportunities he's given with both hands and force his way into the team.

He came on and helped to keep them away from our box.

I was shouting to bring on Helander and push Leon into midfield.

I guess Gerrard called it better than me by bringing on Zungu.

he almost got caught out today again, like he did last week and most games he's played so far. He needs a run of games so we can see what he is like but from the very little ive seen im far from impressed.

Thought we should’ve fired Itten on after 70mins, seen it out though, that’s really all that matters

He is good in the air so can help with the back to the walls stuff. Jury still out but has not had much game time...

Do you mean apart from his set up for Alfie at the penalty ?

Or maybe apart from his pass for the second goal ?

Aribo produced moments that won the game despite lacking consistency in the game.
Agree that his contribution was vital earlier but to be fair he was fading out the game in the last 20 minutes or so, however so was Hagi.

I reckon it was probably a close call between them for Stevie G but probably on balance the right one.

Still too early to judge Zungu but we'll see over the next few weeks if Jack is still out.

Agree that his contribution was vital earlier but to be fair he was fading out the game in the last 20 minutes or so, however so was Hagi.

I reckon it was probably a close call between them for Stevie G but probably on balance the right one.

Still too early to judge Zungu but we'll see over the next few weeks if Jack is still out.

Our fans can be so critical TBI.

He did fade as you say, but so did Hagi, as you also point out.

But he produced match winning moments too.

Our fans can be so critical TBI.

He did fade as you say, but so did Hagi, as you also point out.

But he produced match winning moments too.
100% re our fans Grigo, I hope we've got the league sewn up by the time we all get back to Ibrox.

The nerves and cries of derision over any wee mistakes transmit negatively to our less experienced players especially and that's something we can do without this year.

100% re our fans Grigo, I hope we've got the league sewn up by the time we all get back to Ibrox.

The nerves and cries of derision over any wee mistakes transmit negatively to our less experienced players especially and that's something we can do without this year.

Had to laugh there, but you are right. The reaction to misplaced passes & missed chances would test the mental strength of Richard Gough near the season end if things were tight LOL

I have not seen enough of him to be signed at end of loan period to say if he would benefit the team/ squad.
I think he would be a welcome addition, he gives us that option when we want to protect what we have, bring him on does the dirty work and just breaks up play, I’d like to see him signed up once the loan deals up.

Back