Hibs consulting their players re tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are forgetting Hibs are an employer at the end of the day and have a duty of care to their staff.

Imagine one of their players gets it despite the reservations. I don't think "aye but it was our best chance for 3 points in a game of football" would go down too well.

We shouldn't be having a pop at hibs for wanting to protect their staff. Our ire should be aimed squarely at the SPFL/SFA for asking them to play without proper assurances.

They'll will all have been tested recently so no point in extra test.
Someone could have contracted the virus but it not incubated to the level where it is detectable by the test, but has since and is now contagious. A negative test 72 hours ago doesn't automatically mean a negative today.

Sounds like Hibs don't trust that the correct players are self isolating which seems a bit odd. Get the match played.

What difference does a test make? The games in 3 hours, you can’t get results that quickly.

This could be a smart play by Hibs to cover their arsed a bit. If they do get a case of Covid as a result of the game or around it the SFA have to be lenient with them because they refused testing

Absolutely shambles - Celtic should be absolutely hammered beyond all belief for this. Hibs should not have to play them and the game should be abandoned and 3 points given to Hibs.

They either field a weakened team which gives Celtic a better chance of a win. Or the play them and run the risk of catching Covid - thus resulting in the potential to spread it more amongst the Premiership clubs. Which in turn, would possibly reach Celtic's clear goal of getting the season cancelled.

The SPFL, SFA, Celtic and the Scottish Government all working well together here to suit one club still.

This.

Don't see what the problem is here. It's just a bit of filth on filth action... :));)
The problem is that Celtic are trying to influence this situation by refusing to test all their players and the SPFL seem to be backing them in this. If anything Hibs should be awarded the points and put an end to this charade orchestrated by the hovel dwellers from the east end of Glasgow

This is the most appalling corrupt farcical nonsense any of us have ever seen . Off the scale . Something needs to be done and quickly about this . Outrageous . How can they be allowed to benefit from all this ??

Bizzare stance when only 1 celtic player has tested positive.
Yes 1 tested positive on Friday, doesnt mean more players wouldnt test positive today. It takes days to show, so any of that team could actually have it. I can understand why Hibs wont be happy about this. Bizarre that Celtic and SPFL have refused further test before the game, perfectly reasonable request unless it wasnt feasible to get results back on time.

I think people are forgetting Hibs are an employer at the end of the day and have a duty of care to their staff.

Imagine one of their players gets it despite the reservations. I don't think "aye but it was our best chance for 3 points in a game of football" would go down too well.

We shouldn't be having a pop at hibs for wanting to protect their staff. Our ire should be aimed squarely at the SPFL/SFA for asking them to play without proper assurances.

Was that care in place when they beat St. Mirren in that game posted above?

You can't pick and choose when you want to activate that 'duty'.

Yes 1 tested positive on Friday, doesnt mean more players wouldnt test positive today. It takes days to show, so any of that team could actually have it. I can understand why Hibs wont be happy about this. Bizarre that Celtic and SPFL have refused further test before the game, perfectly reasonable request unless it wasnt feasible to get results back on time.
Hibs didn’t have a problem taking on st mirren when they were hit with a COVID crisis.

They’ve got as much assurance as they did before any other game they’ve played this season against an opponent who has had COVID positive results, and that’s all the rules require.

Get the game played.

I’m quite happy regardless of the outcome of this shitshow.

All incidents and precedent helps guide our approach and reaction if we are affected by the virus at some point.

I don’t give a f.uck whether the mentally challengeds get the points or not, or have one or a dozen players isolating.
We are in command of this championship and can sit back and watch this whole mutant mentally challenged car crash with glee.

I would like them to play but can understand their reservations considering they have a cup semi final coming up themselves.

Celtic have engineered a situation where Hibs will now be the bad guys if it they get it called off.

Health & Safety in the workplace. Due to Celtic's playing fast & loose with protocols/regulations/laws they have (at least) 1 positive case & 16 others self isolating. Players that are going to be involved tonight could still be carrying it. I know I wouldn't be happy.

There's no chance they will get the points if Hibs refuse to play.

Cause the whole mess and end up with the points, there's no chance that would happen would it? Even in this tin pot country.

Their last lot of tests appear to have been done on Friday (within 72 hrs of kick-off). A lot can change in 3 days, especially given their behaviour and close contact.

So why no more tests before this game with a squad who clearly broke protocol.

Its an embarrassment. Test could have been done yesterday that would have been approved.

I’m quite happy regardless of the outcome of this shitshow.

All incidents and precedent helps guide our approach and reaction if we are affected by the virus at some point.

I don’t give a f.uck whether the mentally challengeds get the points or not, or have one or a dozen players isolating.
We are in command of this championship and can sit back and watch this whole mutant mentally challenged car crash with glee.
Yer right mate, last I looked we were 22 points ahead, fk them all, let them all argue with each other. Points in the bag. Feet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back