We must exercise caution Bears

The knowledge that we are so far ahead can take the pressure off and if in moderation that can be a good thing. Alas it’s hard to temper to the exact ideal level and more often than not this lack of pressure extends into complacency manifest not only in casualness but even worse, in a lack of urgency. We must continue to approach every game with the view that dropping points is unthinkable. We can’t sit back and invite it on, nor can we leave our full backs or those covering for them way up the park when we’re defending. I believe we can do this but we need to avoid injuries to two or three key players and pro actively press these inferior teams into mistakes. The sheep game suggested a return to form so signs are good. I still reserve the right to shit myself through fear and anxiety every game we play. It’s helping the team pull through this and I’ll have done my bit towards 55.

We saw how quickly it fell apart last season and now there's a virus that could help that as well, yes it's a 12 point gap if they're even able to win all their games in hand but there's still 40% of the season to go. Get to March with a similar gap and only 8 matches left then i'll be as confident as others are
Normally I would agree however we have seen this season has Felt completely different .
In my opinion Celtic will drop further points before we do.

It is somewhat ironic that big Julie is The player who has contracted coronavirus.it’s been clear for some time That him and the French contingent have a issues with Celtic and don’t want to be there anymore.

Big Julie has already been missing With various injuries and the other two have done tools. There are clear problems with in the squad that a trip to Dubai simply made worse .

when they put their hope in laxalt you know they’re done .

I expect the league will be done before we face Antwerp

B-) B-D

We should win the title, but anyone who thinks we'll win every game until the end of the season is getting ahead of themselves. We still have a lot to do to bring it home, but when we do, we'll deserve it.

Wtf are you rabbling about? You said the league wasn't over - I say it is. What's jugulars got to do with it? How does any of this affect corruption??
Can you guarantee we won’t have a Covid outbreak in the squad?

Can you guarantee the SPFL won’t pull a fast one?

Best to be cautious.

Enjoy it mate, we’ve waited 10 year for this title. They’re in full meltdown mode and our consistency has been top notch this year. Of course it isn’t over till its over but it doesn’t mean we cant stick it to them sitting 21 points clear

As much as I’ve enjoyed the recent euphoria nothing is in the bag yet.

many bears who lived through the seasons of :
1978-79 - we were heading for a treble & a European Cup at this stage of the season & the mhanky mob only had a run of league games to worry about, their pitch was so bad in the winter they never had any games to play in such conditions.

2007-2008- another treble for us on the horizon and a uefa cup run
Fixture pile up allied to a corrupt sfa hampered us.
Just enjoy the next 4 months mate and leave the team to be fully professional in everything they do and let them pedal the negatives.

As a fan who can remember 78/79 I would say that we are in a far more secure place with our opponents in turmoil to the point no other club fear playing them at the moment which will earn points against them.

I would describe the one game at a time view as more natural caution than negativity. We as a support, both young and old, have gone through hell since 2012.

Negativity is when supporters pan some of our players instead of supporting them. I am not saying you are one of those supporters @Tailwind but that to me is a lot more damaging.

The Aberdeen game also showed that when the team switch off as we did for a time in the second half, we allowed Aberdeen to score a defensively sloppy goal. We got back in control and saw the game out and all was well in the end. However I am sure it brings it home to Gerrard and his players we cannot ever let up until the game is won.

If some of the support want to start celebrating 55 now, then go ahead. However the one game at a time brigade are just as entitled to do just that and leave the celebrations until we have something tangible to celebrate.

All imho
They are entitled to be more cautious yes.

Do they have to suck the life,out of the forum and every thread with their tedious, childish, immature, factually and scientifically false jinx, bad juju nonsense.

Anyone posts a positive thread or a thread laughing at the tims and within 3 replies you've got one of the anti fun nazis demanding the thread is binned.

Its tiresome. If you (the general term) want to be a wet blanket, be a wet blanket. Stop trying to steal joy from everyone else. Not aimed at you. Aimed at the fun nazis.

I mean, you've partially fallen into their trap. Nothing that happens on this forum has any influence on what Gerrard, Tav and co do. And omg, did we really concede to Aberdeen? So what. I was watching that game, never in doubt we would win. Our advantage over the pederasts is enormous and won't be overturned.

Last edited:
Somebody please help me here - what was the maximum number of points we were behind in the Helicopter Sunday season? I honestly can't remember but I doubt it was double figures never mind 21!! Jeezus. We could be 30 points ahead with 10 games to go and the same people will be saying we need to watch the goal difference!
Aye, people comparing apples and oranges

1978-79 - we were heading for a treble & a European Cup at this stage of the season & the mhanky mob only had a run of league games to worry about, their pitch was so bad in the winter they never had any games to play in such conditions.

Very good point lived through both eras you mention mate I’m taking nothing for granted.

Sorry mate. I started celebrating weeks ago.

Laughing at the Tims and their total stupidity isn't the same as winning the league.
The league is still very much up for grabs and we aren't yet in grabbing distance.
But Gerrard knows this.

It's like going to see Billy Connolly at his peak and not laughing at a joke. Just in case the next ones not funny. Probably. Cheer up and enjoy the next few months.

I'm torn.

Scar tissue just means its so hard to believe it won't go wrong, but even at that its starting creep in that this could happen.
This where I am.

It's like a dream that is only recently starting to feel is a reality.

I think 55 might have a more positive effect on my mind's health than I thought!

I don’t get what difference it makes if we slag them or lap up them being an utter shambles makes to be honest, what would us being ‘cautious’ achieve or otherwise?

The professionalism is up to the players and management and they are delivering in spades, it doesn’t make one iota of a difference what we do.

I don’t get what difference it makes if we slag them or lap up them being an utter shambles makes to be honest, what would us being ‘cautious’ achieve or otherwise?

The professionalism is up to the players and management and they are delivering in spades, it doesn’t make one iota of a difference what we do.
Was a fella on twitter the other day saying we shouldn't laugh at Celtic at all as "we're bigger than that" :D

There is a section of our fanbase who've forgotten what a title race feels like, have forgotten what football rivalry is and who can't shake off their fear of impending doom.

I can get people being cautious but to come on here and suck the absolute joy out of everything is tiring in the extreme.

I totally agree with the caution warning.
Not sure I can agree with the correlation between this season and the ones you’ve mentioned.

Im going to have to say it again arent I?

Celtic have to put a run together between now and the end of the season that is better than the run we are on at the moment, 18 wins in a row, including winning 2 games against us, just to get to a point where they are 6 points behind us and hoping we lose 3 games. Neil Lennon has never been on a run like that in his managerial career

Celtic dont even look likely to beat Livingston once nevermind twice in the next 7 days, and then beating us twice home and away.

We havent lost a single game all season and are one game from the 2/3rd mark.

Its not impossible, but 538.com are probably right in saying we are 97% likely to win the league. Bit of relaxation required from those still worrying their arses off.

My big worry is that the league will be called of null and void. I have no doubt celtic and their political friend and football lackies will be working behind the scenes already to get this to happen.
We have a big enough pool of good players to ensure the will be no big slip ups football wise.It's the sleekit corrupt scum in power run by liewell that is the problem. After all the sly strokes they pulled last season to ensure celtic won the league don't trust thede crooked animals one little bit.

I'm still taking it 1 game at a time a weeks a long time in football and things can change fast but i am becoming more and more confident that we are on our way!

But I'm also enjoying the current meltdown of the pedo's caused by us now hopefully Livi can beat in at least 1 of the next 2 games from the double header they have with them.

Man I fucking hate the OGAAT mob.

It’s done, over, kaput.
That mob are history.

Relax, enjoy and dry your panties out.
I'll give you my panties to dry.

It's not over yet. And as we witnessed with Beaton on Sunday, there's a long way to go.

Let's do the Jock Wallace tango, one game at a time.

And you're getting a cyber kiss when it actually happens.

Let's not get complacent.

I'm not personally going to get too carried away unless we beat or draw against them in the next OF game. I think that will mark the point of no return in the league, even if not mathematically.
FFS that's not till the 20th March, 32nd week of the season! You sure you want to stick your neck out that far? Listen. if we've not got it sewn up by then I'll carry you away myself! We will be mathematical champions BEFORE that fixture kicks off.

My big worry is that the league will be called of null and void. I have no doubt celtic and their political friend and football lackies will be working behind the scenes already to get this to happen.
We have a big enough pool of good players to ensure the will be no big slip ups football wise.It's the sleekit corrupt scum in power run by liewell that is the problem. After all the sly strokes they pulled last season to ensure celtic won the league don't trust thede crooked animals one little bit.
League will not be called null and void. That would be the end of the SPFL as we know it. Too many with too much to lose and Liewell is now a busted flush. He's for the high jump shortly anyway

Let's just keep winning and rubbing their noses in it. No one takes anything for granted after the last 8 years. However, we are allowed to take pride in what we've done and the misery we're causing them (not to mention the misery they are inflicting on themselves) - glorious, glorious mentally challenged pain and tears. One game at a time for us, 3 points a game. That's all we are focused on, all the rest is just fkn gravy. Lap it up.

Can you guarantee we won’t have a Covid outbreak in the squad?

Can you guarantee the SPFL won’t pull a fast one?

Best to be cautious.
Too right - nothing is guaranteed with everything going on at the moment, coupled with haters trying everything possible to stop us winning this league, or at worst trying to taint it.

The management, players & executives have got to retain their focus 100%

Caution? Caution ma ring mate.

caution means to be careful, but the FANS have no reason to do that. no reason whatsoever why we shouldnt enjoy the moment, enjoy sitting at the top, and enjoy the tims suffering.

Last edited:
I've been loving pretty much every day of this season, even from pre-season. Can't wait from game to game. It's just too much fun.

Almost feel sorry for the positivity vampires. Must be such a depressing existence.

I really hope you make the most of celebrating 55 when it is mathematically secure. It won't be long before you're back in your darkened rooms, getting worried about next season.

Feel like I've got to call this 'false dawns' argument out too. When over the last 2 seasons were we 21 points clear in the middle of January? When in the previous 2 seasons did we beat them home and away first 2 rounds of those seasons? When in the last 2 years have we taken 9 from 9 against Aberdeen, 2 of the 3 wins away, and 6 from 6 from Killie? In which of those seasons did we have a deeper squad of talented players capable of winning despite key players being out injured than we have now? When have we last conceded just 6 league goals by mid January? When in those last 2 seasons did we stamp on their throats when they dropped points and presented us a chance to generate a lead or pile pressure on them?

Those are just a few off the top of my head improvements and differences in us compared to then. Then you look across the city and we could write a book on reasons why they won't win it this season even if we were to start dropping some points. They can't keep clean sheets, they could put all 3 keepers in goals and still be vulnerable at set pieces. The fear factor has completely gone from them. They have no team unity, have very poor leadership and management and their fans want blood. They have to sell to buy. They haven't strung 5 league wins in a row together yet as far as I know. They are as close to St Mirren in 8th as they are to us. They will continue to drop points here and there, even if we do. It's done, the irony is more of their fans have accepted it than ours have.
Great post. But I am still cacking it...

Let's just keep winning and rubbing their noses in it. No one takes anything for granted after the last 8 years. However, we are allowed to take pride in what we've done and the misery we're causing them (not to mention the misery they are inflicting on themselves) - glorious, glorious mentally challenged pain and tears. One game at a time for us, 3 points a game. That's all we are focused on, all the rest is just fkn gravy. Lap it up.

spot on

They are entitled to be more cautious yes.

Do they have to suck the life,out of the forum and every thread with their tedious, childish, immature, factually and scientifically false jinx, bad juju nonsense.

Anyone posts a positive thread or a thread laughing at the tims and within 3 replies you've got one of the anti fun nazis demanding the thread is binned.

Its tiresome. If you (the general term) want to be a wet blanket, be a wet blanket. Stop trying to steal joy from everyone else. Not aimed at you. Aimed at the fun nazis.

I mean, you've partially fallen into their trap. Nothing that happens on this forum has any influence on what Gerrard, Tav and co do. And omg, did we really concede to Aberdeen? So what. I was watching that game, never in doubt we would win. Our advantage over the pederasts is enormous and won't be overturned.
I am surprised anyone finds their own joy is diminished by views on FF. It is a forum with a wide spectrum of views and should be taken as such. No need to agree with a specific view on here and no need to let anything on here become tiresome either.

Re my point about Aberdeen, I did not say anything said on FF influences Gerrard or any of the players. The point is when anyone and, in particular, the team think a game or the league is finished before it is, it can be a problem. No more and no less. I did not foresee last season’s collapse after New Year and cannot explain the reasons for it. I suspect I am not alone.

So as I said previously if anyone wants to celebrate winning the league before it is actually won, then go ahead and enjoy. I continue to enjoy the shambles Celtic have been for months, I have and will enjoy every Rangers victory whether it is 5-0 hammering or a scrappy 1-0 and we will all enjoy when we have officially won the league.

Us older guys know that premature celebration is something to be avoided.

Exactly, we have had 9 years of it.

No fcking way am I holding back until the league is secured.

Live in the now I say.

Im going to have to say it again arent I?

Celtic have to put a run together between now and the end of the season that is better than the run we are on at the moment, 18 wins in a row, including winning 2 games against us, just to get to a point where they are 6 points behind us and hoping we lose 3 games. Neil Lennon has never been on a run like that in his managerial career

Celtic dont even look likely to beat Livingston once nevermind twice in the next 7 days, and then beating us twice home and away.

We havent lost a single game all season and are one game from the 2/3rd mark.

Its not impossible, but 538.com are probably right in saying we are 97% likely to win the league. Bit of relaxation required from those still worrying their arses off.
So much wisdom and common sense from one so young.

Well said young man - I applaud you.

I am surprised anyone finds their own joy is diminished by views on FF. It is a forum with a wide spectrum of views and should be taken as such. No need to agree with a specific view on here and no need to let anything on here become tiresome either.

Re my point about Aberdeen, I did not say anything said on FF influences Gerrard or any of the players. The point is when anyone and, in particular, the team think a game or the league is finished before it is, it can be a problem. No more and no less. I did not foresee last season’s collapse after New Year and cannot explain the reasons for it. I suspect I am not alone.

So as I said previously if anyone wants to celebrate winning the league before it is actually won, then go ahead and enjoy. I continue to enjoy the shambles Celtic have been for months, I have and will enjoy every Rangers victory whether it is 5-0 hammering or a scrappy 1-0 and we will all enjoy when we have officially won the league.

Us older guys know that premature celebration is something to be avoided.
If these threads prove anything it’s that being older has f.a. to do with basic reasoning skills

Exercise caution?

What we need to exercise is our vocal chords in preparation for that glorious moment when we can once again triumphantly belt out -

Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.
Glasgow Rangers Champions oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Or do we need a new song for our newest team of Championees.

Always liked the 70's those were the days my friend version.

We are the Champions. We are the Champions,
We are the Champ we are the Champions.
We are the Champions. We are the Champions.
We are the Champ we are the Champions.
70s version my favourite.

100 % agree with the OP
we have won nothing,the club,players and management must stay focused,no matter what is going on elsewhere,the last thing we need is to become complacent,take our eye of the goal,then players start talking to journalists,who will no doubt twist things around.
stay focused
keep our heads down
speak only when advised to do so,and after our media has sanctioned whats being said
the last thing we need is to give anyone ammunition against us
we stay humble until the job is done

Back