What’s the story with Shane Duffy? (All Duffy posts in here)

fbfF2V5.gif

He can’t be registered with 3 clubs in a season can he?
I think the rule is that a player can’t actually play for 3 clubs in the season. Dunno if he played for Brighton early in the season (doubtful). If he didn’t then he could’ve went to Forest. As an aside to that, imagine him and McKenna in defence. Hoof it and lump it!

The Duffy situation is just baffling. It’s simple for all to see but everything on it seems quiet. Every single club should be asking for clarification on the rules around similar situations.

Basically he has been out the door and they've then needed him at short notice for Monday so he has bailed them out.

I miss Ibrox right now as he would be getting the One Shane Duffy treatment haha.

Looks as if the forest move is on

Though I wouldn’t have thought forest would be paying 45k a week
As if having Joe Worral wasnt bad enough - I fucking detest championship clubs

Don't know how he's got the green light to play but he's a liability and might gift Hibs a few chances. All the same, I think questions have got to be asked, especially after their assistant manager seemed to think he was out of the reckoning for tonight's match.
Hindsight, he set up their goal..

Basically he has been out the door and they've then needed him at short notice for Monday so he has bailed them out.

I miss Ibrox right now as he would be getting the One Shane Duffy treatment haha.

The only team he bailed out on Monday night was hivs. B-D

This. They've run roughshod over Scottish football for years, they think they are invincible. Time for them to be accountable.
The problem is they have their own guys running the show and until the other clubs really get switched on and see that it is totally destroying the game in Scotland it will continue to happen.
It was a massive own goal that clubs did not have the will to investigate thoroughly the SPFL about Dundeegate and their actions properly.
That was a scandal and for the benefit of one club and it's arselickers but they voted for it to continue allowing it to fester and rot the game.

Quite an achievement by Duffy. Their high profile dhim appeasing signings have had these disadvantages; into their thirties; playing in a struggling team; subject to pressure of crowds. This clown has had none of these drawbacks but has been worse than any before. Great stuff.

Quite an achievement by Duffy. Their high profile dhim appeasing signings have had these disadvantages; into their thirties; playing in a struggling team; subject to pressure of crowds. This clown has had none of these drawbacks but has been worse than any before. Great stuff.

Correct. Robbie Keane, Roy Keane, Shane Duffy. All failures at C****c despite fabulous careers before arriving (in the case of the two Keanes anyway). James McLean is surely next to be called up to fulfil the role of Irish poster boy for the fans.

As for Duffy, surely Nottingham Forest are not daft enough? I want him getting a long term contract at the bheggardome!

I’m genuinely interested to know what Notts Forrest have seen of Duffy in the last 6 months that would actually make them say “ We’ve got to get him on our team”. Everytime he sees the ball it looks like its the first time in his life he has seen one.
Houghton had him it at Brighton so doubt he will be caring about what he's done up here. Mckenna Duffy and Worrall in the same defence would be interesting viewing.

Going against the grain a bit (and it's easier not to dislike a Celtic player when they've been so poor) but firstly he does seem like a decent guy. When we've beaten them this season he's shaked hands (or whatever they do just now) and had a chat with Goldson. He just doesn't come across with the same bitterness that a lot of Celtic players do.

Secondly, i've seen a lot of Rangers defenders absolutely hammered. The doing Craig Moore got until he struck up the partnership with Amo was shocking. I remember Alan Hutton getting the same for a long time. Then you have the likes of Basile Boli who never lived up to expectations.

I'm not comparing Duffy to Boli or Moore, but sometimes things don't work out at a club. He is playing with two attacking fullbacks who can't defend; no cover from midfield; .and a centre back partner that cheers when his team keep possession from a throw-in. You could put peak Baresi in that defence and he'd struggle.

I actually think Duffy reminds me a bit of Joe Worrall. He's more of a siege centre half and isn't suited to playing for Rangers/Celtic. But i'm sure he'll do well elsewhere.

Going against the grain a bit (and it's easier not to dislike a Celtic player when they've been so poor) but firstly he does seem like a decent guy. When we've beaten them this season he's shaked hands (or whatever they do just now) and had a chat with Goldson. He just doesn't come across with the same bitterness that a lot of Celtic players do.

Secondly, i've seen a lot of Rangers defenders absolutely hammered. The doing Craig Moore got until he struck up the partnership with Amo was shocking. I remember Alan Hutton getting the same for a long time. Then you have the likes of Basile Boli who never lived up to expectations.

I'm not comparing Duffy to Boli or Moore, but sometimes things don't work out at a club. He is playing with two attacking fullbacks who can't defend; no cover from midfield; .and a centre back partner that cheers when his team keep possession from a throw-in. You could put peak Baresi in that defence and he'd struggle.

I actually think Duffy reminds me a bit of Joe Worrall. He's more of a siege centre half and isn't suited to playing for Rangers/Celtic. But i'm sure he'll do well elsewhere.

A decent guy doesn’t stand and pretend he’s got a rifle in a terrorist organisation.

I have no sympathy for him, he expected to come to the poets and stroll towards a title....Just look at the clips of him in the pub signing poet songs...

I don't get the whole siege defender analysis....Anytime there has been dangerous balls into their box isn't that what he should be clearing? Off the top of my head we have our two goals from Goldson, the corner goal and then Hibs the other night...All came from corners or FK's which a siege defender should deal with no bother....Correct me if I'm wrong!

Duffy has proven to be a woeful defender and how he has made it to 29 playing at a semi-decent level on £40k a week is one of life's mysteries...

If Forest sign him they are cretins for taking on that wage

Hughton should get sacked for even entertaining the suggestion

In fact the mentally challengeds will probs still be contributing to his wage as no way are Forest picking up £45k a week until June. No chance

He's a Republican scumball. %^*& him. Wish him nothing but misery.

Walking in a Doofy wonderland.

Get it right up you ya mentally challenged rat you’ll always be remembered for playing in the mentally challenged team we beat for 55 ha f*cking ha.

Hughton obviously remembers having him play reasonably well at Brighton and thinks he can do it again.

But he forgets that was down to having Lewis Dunk next to him.

It’s like a worse version of Danny Wilson playing beside David Weir. He genuinely looked like he would become a superstar when he first broke through. But without Weir he was bang average.

He isn't designed for a team with attacking fullbacks

In a defensive shaped team he would be decent think mckenna but worse which is what they should have done instead of loaning Duffy

But wanted an Irish poster boy to control appease the masses

Back