The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Ye mate seems legit point the prob is you can’t pick up all the players in the nation though and also our current regime begun fairly recently so SW as an example would have been too early .

doig does look good yeah but we have a fine LB too in the squad plus James maxwell who has come on a ton and is on-loan at QoS

I do like Maxwell D, just not seen him in a while & how he’s developing.

I do like Maxwell D, just not seen him in a while & how he’s developing.
He’s coming along nicely, fans favourite at Palmerston & anytime I’ve seen it he’s been assured.

Played well against QP & handled Quitongo brilliantly, he’s actually a better defender than I expected.

If he bulks up a bit we could be onto a winner.

He’s coming along nicely, fans favourite at Palmerston & anytime I’ve seen it he’s been assures.

Played well against QP & handled Quitongo brilliantly, he’s actually a better defender than I expected.

If he bulks up a bit we could be onto a winner.

That’s great EB, thanks mate. I like James’s spirit.

You don’t have to sign CL quality players to get into the CL, midtjylland, Olympiacos & ferencvaros we are all better than.

The ambition of Rangers is signing guys like hagi Morelos and turning them into CL quality players and selling them on for ££
Olympiacos are pretty good mate but definitely better than those other two. I fancy us to qualify for the group stages next year.

Olympiacos are pretty good mate but definitely better than those other two. I fancy us to qualify for the group stages next year.
I fancy us to get out the groups to be honest, we are better than a few of the teams there & level (at least) to another good few.

Dembele off to Atletico. Usually we see articles of "Celtic massive windfall after sell on fee". As it stands they are set to make 3.3€m off this, not such the great Celtic success story eh.

Clubs are off their nut if they pay £25m for edouard, they should wait a few months and watch the price start to fall. They scumbags will no doubt end up getting a fair wack, does my nut in. They will be sweating, i would love it if he left on a free but he wants out now so will no doubt make them a good wedge.
To get anything decent he has to go this month and theres no way they'll sell him this month as there fans will probably storm the stadium despite it being meaningless in the context of the leage if he goes now

His Cross against us was a cracker too A1bertz, so he seems to have a really good balance of talent & tenacity. And pace in fact.
Yeah I was shocked to find out this boy is only 18 yrs old. He would be a cracking replacement for Borna in a couple seasons. We should be keeping good tabs on him.

I do think big Bassey will develop more as CH than an attacking full back.

Hes on loan initially from what I read which means they'll get nothing till the summer
I think they would still get the final sell on fee, it doesnt matter if theres a loan before on. Sell on %. The only way to %^*& a club over is to front load the loan fee and the final buy price is lower

Yeah I was shocked to find out this boy is only 18 yrs old. He would be a cracking replacement for Borna in a couple seasons. We should be keeping good tabs on him.

I agree Russell. Completely.

I didn't realise that he's only 18.

Should 100% sign him in that case

Clubs are off their nut if they pay £25m for edouard, they should wait a few months and watch the price start to fall. They scumbags will no doubt end up getting a fair wack, does my nut in. They will be sweating, i would love it if he left on a free but he wants out now so will no doubt make them a good wedge.

Falling income from Covid, a mediocre scoring record in Scotland and Europe plus his contract winding down means they won't get anything near £25m for him.

It will be the usual undisclosed fee nonsense when he goes, they will struggle to make much if any profit on him given the £9m fee and big sell on clause PSG allegedly have.

Just listening to SSN transfer talk and because Haller has signed for Ajax their young striker Brian Brobbey is unhappy hes only 18 but he's an absolute beast of a striker maybe we should be in for him as his contract expires in the summer could be a deal that would benefit us similar to the other mobs Dembele deal and could be a very good Morelos replacement

really hope we are targeting people like this

Seen Taiwo Awoniyi linked today on Twitter (on loan at Union Berlin from Liverpool).. could be something in it for the summer considering the Liverpool link ‍♂️ had a decent first half of the season in Germany apparently.

Would be a real coup I can see a dortmund of something like that taking a punt on him though

Yeah, with Raiola as agent he will be touted round the elite. Someone show him the success the dutch have had with us :)

Seen Taiwo Awoniyi linked today on Twitter (on loan at Union Berlin from Liverpool).. could be something in it for the summer considering the Liverpool link ‍♂️ had a decent first half of the season in Germany apparently.
Union is flying (by their standards) in the BL, yet, Taiwo`s contract at Liverpool runs till 2023, so he`d cost a nice sum of money. 5 goals and 3 assists in 14 games so far this season for this 23-year old striker.

Union is flying (by their standards) in the BL, yet, Taiwo`s contract at Liverpool runs till 2023, so he`d cost a nice sum of money. 5 goals and 3 assists in 14 games so far this season for this 23-year old striker.

I can't see us making a loan move for a striker unless there's an option to make it permanent

Clearly rated higher at national level.
I wouldn't put a great deal of stock in that. Development at that age happens quickly and players appear out of nowhere a lot. Also Scotland youth coaches have a tendency to stick with the players who started a campaign.

Case in point Scotland u21s have Hickey, Doig and Reid (Ross county) for Lb, but the long term first choice LB has been Harvie who left Ayr in the summer, with the back up being Reading who's at Ayr. Would you put either as a better player than those 3 who are younger and playing first team football at a higher level? It wasn't until November that Hickey finally got a call up after a full year in the hearts first team and 4 months in Bologna's first team. He was being kept out of the squad by Scottish championship players.

I personally like the look of Maxwell and think he is a good prospect. He is doing well in the championship and can hopefully get a loan to the ship next season (along with Kennedy), to continue his development. Maxwell is quick and skillful but still needs to develop physically a year in the championship then premiership would do him wonders.

Cadden last played at the end of October and then Irvine hasnt been playing since March.

Both players will be very rusty so lets hope they play next week ;)
I'd be very surprised if either played more than 20/30 minutes against us.

Hibs are building quite a decent side. With Aberdeen absolutely skint, I can see Hibs ending up best of the rest next season.

Back