The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Chris Cadden & Jackson Irvine are two very good signings for Hibs.

The race for 2nd heats up :p
Irvine is a decent player he done well down south but there's no chance Hibs will finish 2nd. They're 7 behind and tims have 3 games on had on them if anything it's a race to 3rd between them and sheep but think Hibs will stay where they are as sheep are more consistent at picking up results outwith games against us and tims.

Irvine is a decent player he done well down south but there's no chance Hibs will finish 2nd. They're 7 behind and tims have 3 games on had on them if anything it's a race to 3rd between them and sheep but think Hibs will stay where they are as sheep are more consistent at picking up results outwith games against us and tims.

Hibs play better football but the sheep have a real Indian sign over Hibs, and Kilmarnock too, which gives them breathing space.

Hamer under contract to 2023
Aye with his age and doing well in the championship, he'd probably cost a fortune.

In saying that I do think we will have a bit of a midfield rebuild in the next 2 summers. Davis (probably retires this summer or next), Kamara (2 years left in the summer), Aribo (2 years left in the summer), Arfield (will be 33 turning 34 when his deal ends) and Zungu (no guarantee we take up our option) could all move on in the next 18 months. Jack aside that's potentially
a full central midfield to replace in 12 months.

Hamer sounds exactly like the kind of player we need - a Davis replacement essentially. Could be a big battle for him in the summer though so might be a hard deal to make.

AAEE585-D-246-D-4-C92-ABCF-72-DF4-EF8323-A.png

From what I can gather from the stattos, bottom right of the graph shows Gus does still has some improvement to do in terms off forward passing accuracy but he has a very high frequency.

“At 23, he's a real talent and is one of the most impressive players I've seen this season. Progressive and forward thinking midfielder”

However, in the championship he commits a foul every 33 minutes (3rd most). Obviously I don’t have the context of those fouls, but you’d imagine we’d need to coach that out of him.

19 Appearances
⚽️ 4 Goals
️ 1 Assist
-
2 Shots P/G
790 Passes
73.2% Passing Accuracy
⛔️ 1.6 Tackles Made P/G
❌ 1.8 Interceptions P/G
2 Key Passes P/G - stats from 08/01/21

Looks like a tough tackling defensive midfielder who can play a bit as well. Signed for £1.5m in the summer and has done very well for them so you'd expect a substantial fee involved.

I also notice he got a 3 game ban earlier in the season for spitting on someone.

AAEE585-D-246-D-4-C92-ABCF-72-DF4-EF8323-A.png

From what I can gather from the stattos, bottom right of the graph shows Gus does still has some improvement to do in terms off forward passing accuracy but he has a very high frequency.

“At 23, he's a real talent and is one of the most impressive players I've seen this season. Progressive and forward thinking midfielder”

However, in the championship he commits a foul every 33 minutes (3rd most). Obviously I don’t have the context of those fouls, but you’d imagine we’d need to coach that out of him.

19 Appearances
⚽️ 4 Goals
️ 1 Assist
-
2 Shots P/G
790 Passes
73.2% Passing Accuracy
⛔️ 1.6 Tackles Made P/G
❌ 1.8 Interceptions P/G
2 Key Passes P/G - stats from 08/01/21
Looks interesting - decent credentials.

Only joined in July and has 30 months on his contract therefore a very sizeable fee so realistically it’s a longer term possible.

first scan would suggest he would fit the centre midfield roles . Seen hi. Vs PNE last month and he caught the eye somewhat . One to watch I would guess .

I’d be right behind this, however I think if this happens then we won’t be taking Zungu on a permanent & he’ll be the one to replace Davis.

He has a cool name & is Dutch, his footballing ability is an added bonus :))

The fee probably required would be too much though.

Last edited:
I think he would cost several million. Cant see this one happening personally. But you never know

Yeah, it's more likely that this is a player we've had our scouts check out on the chance he becomes available.

He'll go for a big fee if it happens this month or in the summer.

Always thought Wright was a decent player. He just needs a manager who can make him better and far better players around him. Hes a no risk transfer due to minimal fee or a free transfer, he is young & Scottish which we need for European games registration and has potential. It's a no brainer and a good signing as a squad player just now.
Exactly. Remember he plays for the manager that played GREIG Stewart wide right abs then he went to Kilmarnock played in the middle scored regularly went back to Aberdeen and was played ...wide right.

Macinnes is a dreadful manager. Wright would come in leaps and bounds with better coaching and playing with better players.

I’d be right behind this, however I think if this happens then we won’t be taking Zungu on a permanent & he’ll be the one to replace Davis.

He has a cool name & is Dutch, his footballing ability is an added bonus :))

The fee probably required would be too much though.

What’s your thought on the fee mate ?

Let’s say if it’s 5m ? I’d rather pay 5m for a 23yo with development scope than pay 3m for someone of Zungu’s age with less sell on scope surely ?

Last edited:
What’s your point bought on the fee mate ?

Let’s say if it’s 5m ? I’d rather pay 5m for a 23yo with development scope than pay 3m for someone of Zungu’s age with less sell on scope surely ?
I agree mate totally, if it was say £5m then I’d be behind it of course. However, we tend to do business round about £3m mark with obvious exceptions like Kent.

Obviously with the COVID impact we may be less likely to make a move into £5m market this year (maybe with CL money).

Suppose this is all just hypothetical, but if we are talking £5m for this lad or £3m for Zungu then I’d prefer the more expensive option.

If, of course the recruitment team think that would be a better investment.

Hamer’s 4 goals this season have came outside the box, so obviously got a decent strike on him.

What’s your thought on the fee mate ?

Coventry fans talking about £10m. Not sure if that is overly hopeful from them though.

EDIT: Their finances were awful for a long time and they sadly lost their stadium. Might be improving now with not having to pay rent on the Ricoh.

I agree mate totally, if it was say £5m then I’d be behind it of course. However, we tend to do business round about £3m mark with obvious exceptions like Kent.

Obviously with the COVID impact we may be less likely to make a move into £5m market this year (maybe with CL money).

Suppose this is all just hypothetical, but if we are talking £5m for this lad or £3m for Zungu then I’d prefer the more expensive option.

Aside from everything that is going on now, and assuming 55 is on its way, I feel that there are two other points to consider that will impact our transfer business:
1. Potential Champs League money
2. Player sales-which we know that if one or two of our top assets go-will bring in a hefty amount of cash.

Money isn't everything in a player but we I think we might need buy a player or two at that 5m mark to ensure that we replacing any sales with quality and are prepared for next season's challenges

I like the look of Gustavo after a quick look of him. He's got a bit of everything including being one the best crossers in the Championship, looks like a Davis replacement.

Only concern would be his Aggression/Discipline. The boy likes a tackle.

Coventry fans talking about £10m. Not sure if that is overly hopeful from them though.

EDIT: Their finances were awful for a long time and they sadly lost their stadium. Might be improving now with not having to pay rent on the Ricoh.

Ouch.

Sounds like this one’s unrealistic then mate.

Gustavo Hamer on Rangers transfer 'wishlist' as Coventry's Brazilian star linked with Ibrox​

The midfielder is attracting interest across the country and the Ibrox side are weighing up a move after seeing his talents in person in a frendly.

By
Nick Mashiter
0_Coventry-City-v-Reading-Sky-Bet-Championship-St-Andrews.jpg

Premiership leaders Rangers are interested in Coventry City midfielder Gustavo Hamer - according to the Press Association.

The 23-year-old is wanted by Steven Gerrard as he keeps one eye on the future at Ibrox with the Sky Blues hoping to keep the midfielder this month.

In the current engine room in Govan, Steven Davis is now 36 years old despite playing 35 games so far this season, while Ryan Jack has been out for some time with injury.

The English lower leagues is a market Gerrard is well versed in with Joe Aribo, George Edmundson, Leon Balogun and Jon McLaughlin arriving in the last two years.

Rangers hosted Coventry in pre-season last July in a 2-0 home win, with Hamer playing in the first half.

The Brazilian-born playmaker moved to the Netherlands as a youngster and started his career at Feyenoord, although he made just two senior appearances.

He then spent two years at PEC Zwolle before moving to England in a deal worth £1.2m last year.
He has scored four goals in 21 games from midfield this season, despite playing in a deeper role.

This boy looks like the real deal!

I have a large collection of butt-plugs.

Playing devil's advocate here mate,but what we are willing to spend may well to a large degree depend on what money we bring in.

IF Alfie can show the form he's truly capable of,and Kamara showcases his own talent at the Euros we could possibly bring in 30 million imo-even with the negative effects of Covid taken into account.

Then there's the possibility of qualifying for the champions league group stages and the money that would bring- is it circa 30 million also atm? I don't know but it's certainly substantial.

Those two things go our way one or two players for Kent type money might not be unrealistic I'd suggest,but it's purely theoretical right now.

Playing devil's advocate here mate,but what we are willing to spend may well to a large degree depend on what money we bring in.

IF Alfie can show the form he's truly capable of,and Kamara showcases his own talent at the Euros we could possibly bring in 30 million imo-even with the negative effects of Covid taken into account.

Then there's the possibility of qualifying for the champions league group stages and the money that would bring- is it circa 30 million also atm? I don't know but it's certainly substantial.

Those two things go our way one or two players for Kent type money might not be unrealistic I'd suggest,but it's purely theoretical right now.

I think CL Group may be 35m mate. I’m sure I read that but it was probably pre COVID.

So next season it may be back at that level ?

Reactions: cav
Back